Windows 10: Windows 10 Not "Seeing" my USB Stick

Discus and support Windows 10 Not "Seeing" my USB Stick in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been backing up my data to a USB stick for some time. In order to have the process go faster I found articles on the web on how to do so,. One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesJoey, Dec 15, 2017.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Windows 10 Not "Seeing" my USB Stick

I've been backing up my data to a USB stick for some time.
    In order to have the process go faster I found articles on the web on how to do so,.
    One said to change the device properties form 'Quick Removal' to 'Best Performance.'
    When I do that WIndows locks up.. I see nothing or that an hour glass and 'not responding' in the caption bar.
    Now, when I insert the USB stick I get nothing and it doesn't show up in Explorer.

My other USB stick works ok.

Any ideas?
    James

:)

JamesJoey, Dec 15, 2017

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Dec 15, 2017
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Not "Seeing" my USB Stick

Hi James

Please insert your USB key and then open Disk Management. (Right click Start > DIsk Management)

IS USB key showing there. You may just have to assign a drive letter.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 15, 2017
  5. JamesJoey Win User
    It doesn't show up there either.

As I said my other stick shows up fine.

JamesJoey, Dec 15, 2017
  6. Do you eject your keys before removing?

Have you tried key on another computer? (isolate if this is a PC or USB key issue.)

Caledon Ken, Dec 15, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Try Ken's suggestion to see if the stick works in another PC. If it is OK, you can make your PC 'forget' the USB stick. The next time you insert it the PC will behave as if it's a new device it has never seen before.

Open Device Manager. On the View menu, select 'Show hidden devices' (this will show all devices, even the ones that at not connected at the moment). Now look for your USB stick under 'Disk Drives'. Right-click on it and uninstall it.

Now try plugging the USB in.

8. Helmut Win User

Cheap USB memory sticks are limited by their slow Flash Memory and Controller chips, also the size of files, small ones are much slower than very large files.
    There is nothing Windows can do to speed them up.
    Write caching won't do anything, you then have to make sure you safely remove it on the Windows notification. If you don't then there is the potential to corrupt the drive.

99% of googled tips are useless.

As above, delete any signs of the drive in the Device Manager and then plug it back in.

Helmut, Dec 15, 2017
  9. JamesJoey Win User
    I do eject them before removing them. But, even with he one that worked ok, I don't get that message telling me it is safe to remove. After selecting eject, 10 or 15 seconds later the selection for ejecting the usb is no longer there so I assume it's ok to remove. It was ok before.

I'll uninstall the driver and reboot to see if that helps.

JamesJoey, Dec 15, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    A reboot won't do any harm, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Not "Seeing" my USB Stick - Similar Threads - Seeing USB Stick

2. windows 11 and my usb sticks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 and my usb sticks: up until about 4 days ago all my usb drives worked and still do in other devices now all the sudden i get no auto pla or anything other that an ! next to them in device manager ...which see's them...
  3. windows 11 and my usb sticks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 and my usb sticks: up until about 4 days ago all my usb drives worked and still do in other devices now all the sudden i get no auto pla or anything other that an ! next to them in device manager ...which see's them...
  4. Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore: Ive got a basic 16gb Verbatim USB stick , I did manage to see it in my w10 laptop to add music to it Now i cant see it at all disk manager sees it and so does Mini Tool I can see the files on my chromebook? its formatted as Fat32 Any thoughts Running W10 v1909 167115
  5. Windows 10 Recovery USB stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Recovery USB stick: I have attempted to cerate a recovery USB 64GByte size USB and the first time I tried it failed without any useful report as to why I think it was because the computer went into sleep mode after 1 hour. I change the sleep mode to 'Never' and it then got passed the fail point...
  6. How to see when USB sticks got plugged into my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to see when USB sticks got plugged into my PC?: Is windows 10 creating protocolls about this one? Is there any way for me to see when an USB stick got stuck into my PC / got removed? I need help because I highly suspect someone stole the data that was on my USB stick. I cant confront the person unless I have evidence he...
  7. Windows 10 on the USB stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on the USB stick: I want to download Windows 10 on the USB stick. But I’ve found a file called ‘system volume information’, which I cannot delete. How can I install Windows 10 on a USB stick and do I need this file?...
  8. windows 10 usb stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 usb stick: Windows 10 refuses to recognise any of my usb sticks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-usb-stick/d912e459-704e-4d75-a97e-b2316939c1a5
  9. Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ?: Hello, Last question for the night; I promise. Pretty basic one: How do I see, and access, a USB Stick, or an external HD that I plugged in ? Thanks, Bob 30276
  10. windows 10 USB stick not accessible

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 USB stick not accessible: Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help with any suggestions. After upgrading to Windows 10 any usb stick shows up in file explorer but when I try to open it - it says drive not accessible / access denied. Any help is greatly appreciated. thank you 14034

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not seing my WINDOWS phone windows 10