Windows 10: Windows 10 not showing second partition in defrag window

Discus and support Windows 10 not showing second partition in defrag window in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It seems that only one partition +system reserved are showed. Any idea why? 49920 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by doriandiaconu, May 10, 2016.

1. Windows 10 not showing second partition in defrag window

It seems that only one partition +system reserved are showed. Any idea why?

:)

doriandiaconu, May 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 and deleting the hidden partitions

I talked to the defrag show guys and they said the old windows 7 - 8.1 system restore partitions are no longer used.

and I can remove them. other hidden partition I show contact the manufacture of the pc.

they also said to backup first and be careful when removing the hidden partitions.

Channel 9's defrag show and defrag tool the best Microsoft tech help out there.

rob

Robfly80-2, May 10, 2016
  3. Automatically

Yes - that is the way it worked in Windows 7; Microsoft changed that in Windows 8 and has kept it the old way.

Quoting an answer elsewhere:

"This was changed in Windows 8:

MSFT answered it here on channel9:

Defrag: Deprecated HW, Deleted Partition, Disabling Right Click Animation

Defrag: Deprecated HW, Deleted Partition, Disabling Right Click Animation

@ 13:50 - Is there a way to make Snipping Tool in Win8 active on launch.

MSFT says it was changed on customers feedback."

I have not found a reliable way to do it. There are other tools that can do it.

Shenan Stanley, May 10, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Windows 10 not showing second partition in defrag window

In practical terms the hidden/system/inaccessible partitions are not intended to be used so defragging is not necessary.

Berton, May 10, 2016
  5. The partition was showing before.

6. Berton Win User
    How big was the partition? Does it still show in Disk Management?

Berton, May 10, 2016
  7. 500GB. And yes, it's present there.

8. Berton Win User

Has a drive letter been assigned to it in Disk Management?

Berton, May 10, 2016
  9. Yep. Everything was working OK until the cumulative update from today.

10. dalchina New Member
    Please post a screenshot when you run
    diskmgmt.msc from a command prompt

and what your defrag program (which?) is showing.
    Thanks

dalchina, May 12, 2016
  11. I've been using the default defragmentation program.

But after 2-3 restarts it's ok. For one reason or another.

Thanks anyway!

doriandiaconu, May 12, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    Weird how sometimes people find problems disappear.. seen it a few times. Good luck!

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not showing second partition in defrag window - Similar Threads - showing second partition

2. Windows Defragment and Optimize Not Working on Second Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defragment and Optimize Not Working on Second Drive: I have two hard drives on my desktop computer. One has a C and D partition with the OS on the C drive. Windows shows the C drive does not need to be defragmented. I understand that with Windows 10, C drive is automatically defragmented on a regular basis. The second drive has...
  3. Windows Defragment and Optimize Not Working on Second Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defragment and Optimize Not Working on Second Drive: I have two hard drives on my desktop computer. One has a C and D partition with the OS on the C drive. Windows shows the C drive does not need to be defragmented. I understand that with Windows 10, C drive is automatically defragmented on a regular basis. The second drive has...
  4. Windows Defragment and Optimize Not Working on Second Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hey everyone, what are these partitions showing up on disk defrag?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey everyone, what are these partitions showing up on disk defrag?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VybeXE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l29b6r/hey_everyone_what_are_these_partitions_showing_up/
  6. Partition Not Showing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition Not Showing Windows 10: the partitions of disk one don't have a file system and i can't find them in this pc .. there is a solution for this problem [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partition-not-showing-windows-10/61a4c2eb-de9a-4105-8ea2-21626d108ec5
  7. No way to defragment system partition.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No way to defragment system partition.: Hi! I'm having problems with defrafmentation of system partition under Windows 10 x64. Using windows defragmenter, it says 37% fragmentation. I click on "Optimize" and entire process takes about 3 hours. After that, analizing disk again, says 37% fragmentation. I've...
  8. Windows 10 defrag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 defrag: Why is it now nearly six months since MS became aware of a problem with the defrag following an update and still no fix ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-defrag/d3f6729a-a757-40d3-8cb5-ab71ff8775a2
  9. Windows 10 - Defrag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Defrag: How do I defrag my hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-defrag/29c9834a-3f32-48c4-9ff6-2b575e8a6aae"
  10. Windows 10 defrag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 defrag: My primary drive has around 2047 gig main partition 450 meg recovery and around 746 gig unallocated. I tried to create a partition with 765 but sais it was unable due to the disk uses MBR format the disk space beyond 2tb will be unuasable. Main issue I when I try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. partition not showing on defragment

2. why windows does not show primary partition of 2nd disk after reinsatlling win 10