Windows 10: Windows 10 not taking input from Keyboard

Discus and support Windows 10 not taking input from Keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Everything worked fine yesterday on my HP computer. Today, the mouse works and I can press any key on the keyboard to wake the computer or make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdwardHopkins1, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 not taking input from Keyboard

Everything worked fine yesterday on my HP computer.

Today, the mouse works and I can press any key on the keyboard to wake the computer or make it bring up the login screen.

However, when I type my password or PIN the letters do not enter on the screen but the 'enter' key does work and it tells me I have entered incorrect PIN or password.

I've tried booting in safe mode but while it recognizes me pressing the F8 key, it doesn't recognize the ESC key and then boots normally.

I've successfully tried the keyboard on another computer and unsuccessfully tried another keyboard on my HP computer.

Finally, I rebooted 3 times to force the power on assistant and the correct UK keyboard layout is selected.

I really don't want to reinstall everything but don't know what else to try.

regards

Edward

:)

EdwardHopkins1, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Windows 10 not taking input from Keyboard

Windows not taking input by keyboard

Hello, I'm using windows 10 version 1703, build OS: 15063.540 . But recently a new problem has surfaced. No (like cortana, search bar in settings , etc.) search bar is taking input from keyboard, Calculator has also stopped taking input from keyboard. I
    have done everything suggested on internet but nothing works. Kindly help!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SamratShekhar, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not taking input from Keyboard

1. Windows 10 not taking input from Keyboard - Similar Threads - taking input Keyboard

2. Keyboard random keyboard input; Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard random keyboard input; Windows 10: Running windows 10 latest version as of 4/15/2022. I am running into two different problems as of probably a month only on my computer at home. Using Corsair k70 low profile with Win 10. In the start menu if I go to type something it will occasionally type random...
  3. windows sub system for android not taking input from keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows sub system for android not taking input from keyboard: i cannot login to my amazon acc because it is not taking any input from my keyboard pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sub-system-for-android-not-taking-input/2802be88-4e03-4595-9958-421a07900ae1
  4. windows sub system for android not taking input from keyboard

windows sub system for android not taking input from keyboard: i cannot login to my amazon acc because it is not taking any input from my keyboard pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sub-system-for-android-not-taking-input/2802be88-4e03-4595-9958-421a07900ae1
  5. windows sub system not taking input from keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows sub system not taking input from keyboard: i cannot login to my amazon acc because it is not taking any input from my keyboard pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sub-system-not-taking-input-from-keyboard/2802be88-4e03-4595-9958-421a07900ae1
  6. windows sub system not taking input from keyboard

windows sub system not taking input from keyboard: i cannot login to my amazon acc because it is not taking any input from my keyboard pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sub-system-not-taking-input-from-keyboard/2802be88-4e03-4595-9958-421a07900ae1
  7. Computer not taking input from keyboard when powered on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not taking input from keyboard when powered on: When I turn on my PC, none of my inputs are detected from my keyboard except for the space bar, tab, and enter. I have to use the on-screen keyboard to type in my password, after my password is typed in, it detects input as normal. How do I fix this?...
  8. Computer not taking input from keyboard when powered on

Computer not taking input from keyboard when powered on: When I turn on my PC, none of my inputs are detected from my keyboard except for the space bar, tab, and enter. I have to use the on-screen keyboard to type in my password, after my password is typed in, it detects input as normal. How do I fix this?...
  9. Computer not taking input from keyboard when powered on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Computer not taking input from Keyboard / Mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not taking input from Keyboard / Mouse: So I work at a library and recently one of our computer developed the issue where whenever we booted up the computer, it would say that it detected / was setting up / finished setting up the keyboard / mouse, and yet would not take input from either of them. I checked to make...