Windows 10: Windows 10 not updating due to low recovery disk space

Discus and support Windows 10 not updating due to low recovery disk space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Update Assistant has recently been trying to update my HP Envy laptop to a more recent version of Windows 10, but the update always fails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by catdogswag, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Windows 10 not updating due to low recovery disk space

Windows 10 Update Assistant has recently been trying to update my HP Envy laptop to a more recent version of Windows 10, but the update always fails because there is very little space left in my computer's recovery drive. I have never saved anything in it, and all that is there is the essential recovery data and the partial Windows 10 update download. The recovery drive has a total of 28.8 GB. I tried the clear disk space feature, but there were 0 bytes that it could delete, so it didn't accomplish anything. I have tried to download and install it several times, with no other results. Has anyone else had this problem who can help me out? I'm not seeing an option to download it to another drive. Thanks in advance!

:)

catdogswag, Jul 6, 2016
  2. mcromar Win User

LOW DISK SPACE WARNING CONTINUOSLY

I HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND I GET LOW DISK SPACE Windows 10 not updating due to low recovery disk space :D

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

mcromar, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Low Disk Space checks persist even after registry fix

HP Laptop i5, Windows 10 Pro with latest updates. The Low Disk Space notification persists for the recovery partition and it is annoying. I have checked and verified the NoLowDiskSpaceChecks DWORD int eh registry, read all the articles, turned off the
    notifications for that disk, yet I still get the pop-ups on the right screen about low disk space

surely there is a way to fix this.

DavidTKHayes, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Windows 10 not updating due to low recovery disk space

You can download media creation tool and upgrade to windows 10 without any errors.

Windows 10

And make sure all the important updates are installed before upgrading to windows 10.

pranay1988, Jul 9, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Post a snapshot of a fullscreen Disk Management Window:

To open Disk Management, press Windows key+r, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter or click GO. Make it full screen. Expand the fields as necessary so everything can be seen.

Press the Print Screen key then open Paint (Press Windows key, type paint then click on Paint at the top) and paste the image from the clipboard into Paint.
    Save the paint image to your hard drive by clicking on (File / Save as).

How to Take a Screenshot in Windows 10

How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File at Ten Forums

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not updating due to low recovery disk space

1. Windows 10 not updating due to low recovery disk space - Similar Threads - updating due low

2. low disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low disk space: I am getting low disk space warning even after disk cleanup, deleting almost everything from my laptop, doing disk repair, and optimizing. Still getting low disk space message....
  3. Storage and low disk space, windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage and low disk space, windows 10 updates: I have had this pc for a while and the recent windows 10 update dosent have room to install, the C: drive is full while my D: drive is not. How do i change what drives the updates install on?...
  4. Low disk space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low disk space: I keep on getting low disk space warning for the C: drive. I've used the disk clean up but still does not work. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space/04337c13-2d8b-4b62-915b-1ec34b2886c1
  5. Window Update - Low disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Window Update - Low disk space: Windows can't update due to low disk space. The majority of my c: drive is "system & reserved". I've deleted temporary internet, the only download file is the update? How do I resolve this issue?...
  6. windows 10 update 'low disk space'

windows 10 update 'low disk space': I have removed everything I can and still not enough space!!!!! what do I do?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-low-disk-space/30e7d64d-8bc3-47e1-8e01-7be937ed2ade
  7. "Low Disk Space on Recovery Drive D" Message on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Low Disk Space on Recovery Drive D" Message on Windows 10: How do I stop getting the "Low Disk Space on Recovery Drive D" Message on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space-on-recovery-drive-d-message-on/612e7fc4-891e-45a6-a39a-191231d849e1
  8. low space disk full on recovery disk

low space disk full on recovery disk: Windows 10 I keep getting a message Low disk space on my disk drive that contains the recovery file How can I make the disk bigger so this message wont appear as it only has the standard $recycle bin on it and I think that this is what is causing the problem as it sometimes...
  9. Low disk space in recovery drive E

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low disk space in recovery drive E: I keep getting the message that my recovery drive (E) is running out of space. Can I increase the size of that drive? 100849
  10. Low disk space in recovery drive E

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low disk space in recovery drive E: Does anybody know a procedure for solving this problem that actually works? I copied and followed the following one from this forum and it doesn't work. I don't feel like itemizing all the places where it just doesn't behave as stated. In Windows 10 just try it; you'll see....