Windows 10: windows 10 not updating to creator fall even with assistant,media tool

Discus and support windows 10 not updating to creator fall even with assistant,media tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i am on win10 14393.693 version 1607 ,, i was trying to update it but not updaitng ,, then downloaded windows upgrade assistant tool.. the tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ajayhirur, Nov 19, 2017.

1. ajayhirur Win User

windows 10 not updating to creator fall even with assistant,media tool

i am on win10 14393.693 version 1607 ,, i was trying to update it but not updaitng ,, then downloaded windows upgrade assistant tool.. the tool downloads 100% and verifies 100% and then error code windows 10 update assistant gives error 0x8007000d.. i checked sfc /scannow.. dism restorehealth , scanhealth all in cmd admin mode.. but no errors there ,, not sure why i am not able to update to 1709 16299.64 version.. help me ...
    also i have tried again by disabling antivirus and malwarebytes software ,, still not updating..

i tried media creation tool too but it also gave this error 0x80072F76-0x20017. and my pc config is fx 6300, asus 3gb r9 280 dcu top ii , 8 gb corsair vengeance, m5a97 r2.0 motherboarod, 1 tb 7200 rpm seagate hardrive..

actually i had disabled earlier since 9 months windows update services was disabled in services.msc,, now today morning i enalbed just few hours back,, so should i wait for update to come automatically.. will it take few more days to land,, but sitll update assiatant tool told new 1709 16229 version is avaialbe and was ready downloaded( 100%) and verified( 100%) both 100% ,, but after that this error came with tht 0x8007000d ,, but i lost 5 gb worth download 4 times .. i checked my bandwidth it did download.when i tried for 4times...but still failed..

:)

ajayhirur, Nov 19, 2017

2. update failure

You can use:

Upgrade assistant

Media Creation Tool

ISO File

to get Fall Creators update right now.

You can use the following guide having detailed Instructions on how to upgrade to the latest Feature upgrade i.e. Fall Creators update using all the three methods:

How to upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators update right now

www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/10/upgrade-to-windows-10-fall-creators.html

Media Creation tool has an Edge over the Upgrade assistant in my opinion as it offers a greater degree of flexibility of downloading and using the ISO file so that one can deploy it on multiple computers.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 19, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Update fail

Try using the Media Creation Tool or ISO File.

You can try updating to the latest Windows 10 build using the upgrade assistant or Media creation tool. Steps are here:

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/04/update-... Microsoft provides many options to get the latest feature upgrade manually. You can use:

Upgrade assistant

Media Creation Tool

ISO File

to get Fall Creators update right now.

You can use the following guide having detailed Instructions on how to upgrade to the latest Feature upgrade i.e. Fall Creators update using all the three methods:

How to upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators update right now

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/10/upgrade...

Media Creation tool has an Edge over the Upgrade assistant in my opinion as it offers a greater degree of flexibility of downloading and using the ISO file so that one can deploy it on multiple computers.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 19, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, searching for your first error code yields e.g.
    http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/me...0072f76-20017/
    Error Code 0x80072f76 0x20017. Windows media creation tool. - Microsoft Community
    - which refer to DNS issues.

Also note the suggestion:
    If you continue experiencing problems, reference the error code when contacting customer support. Error code: 0x80072F76 – 0x20017
    - i.e. you could discuss this with MS

Noting your bandwidth concern, it's best to download the iso once, as I think you've been trying to do, then you can make multiple attempts as necessary or upgrade multiple PCs of course.

Other ways to get an iso:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    #3 - Techbench
    and
    Standard Windows ISO

You've done some very sensible checks on your system. Did you get a particular error message when you tried that, or was it again a downloading problem?

Before making major changes to your system, and as a matter of routine, we strongly recommend people use disk imaging e.g. Macrium reflect (free). If you have an image you can recover easily and quickly without technical help if your disk fails, your PC is unbootable etc.

Also please post a screenshot of your partitions using Minitool Partition Wizard expanding columns as necessary to make all text visible.

You can also run
    chkdsk c: /F
    if you wish.Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    or
    How to read Event Viewer log for Chkdsk in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech

dalchina, Nov 19, 2017
  5. ajayhirur Win User
    actually i just turned on yesterday windows update services .. now it got update from 14393.693 to 14393.1884 . That means update is working fine ,, its just creator fall update not got yet ,,do i have to wait for few more days to receive creator fall udpate from microsoft

ajayhirur, Nov 19, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Please see post above. Note that MS may delay delivery of builds to PCs they think may not be suitable. At least that's the theory.

dalchina, Nov 19, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Wise.. fools rush in where... some people do experience various degrees of difficulty with the FCU- the usual pattern after a major build upgrade I suppose. Hence my recommendation of a disk image. You may wish to look through some threads about this build.

But you do have10 days to roll back to the previous build as well..

dalchina, Nov 19, 2017
  8. ajayhirur Win User

i will wait for a week ,, hopefully receive updates.. coz my pc config can handle windows 10 .. i dont think microsoft considers my pc as old rig and not sending me update

ajayhirur, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 not updating to creator fall even with assistant,media tool - Similar Threads - updating creator fall

2. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  3. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  4. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update: I just downloaded the above mentioned update and it looks like some fun things are here. I am interested in giving "Paint 3D" a shot although I am told it's designed for touch screen and I don't use one. Here's the problem---it has force fed me "OneDrive" which I am not a...
  6. Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?: Which version do I suppose to get? Right now it's like this: [img] Is it already the good version? Or do I have to wait a day longer (impatient me haha!) And how do I know it's updating to the last version. Oops, so many questions at once, sorry you guys! *Redface...
  7. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: My computer came preinstalled with Windows 10 on it. It already had the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant on it, which bumped it up to the regular Creators Update. When the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update comes out, and I go to install it through the Upgrade Assistant, will it...
  9. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....