Windows 10: Windows 10 Notification Area not wide enough

Discus and support Windows 10 Notification Area not wide enough in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgraded to Windows 10. I'm using a neat utility called T-clock that shows the day of the week, the date, the hour, minute and seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnDohe, Feb 11, 2017.

1. JohnDohe Win User

Windows 10 Notification Area not wide enough

Hi,

I just upgraded to Windows 10.

I'm using a neat utility called T-clock that shows the day of the week, the date, the hour, minute and seconds in the Notification area.

I've used this for years on my Win-7 pc's and just upgraded to Win-10 today.

T-clock loads, but the last few characters on its right are cut off.

If I make the font smaller, more and more characters appear, but this gets to the
    point of not being large enough for my liking.

Does anyone know of a way to w-i-d-e-n the Notification area of Windows 10?

I'm not referring to making the icons smaller, hiding ones I don't use, or turning
    it into 2 lines.

I'm looking to make the Notification area actually wider.

Thanks! Windows 10 Notification Area not wide enough :))

:)

JohnDohe, Feb 11, 2017

2. Emails partially readable in Windows 10

After I get Windows 10 I lost wide screen which I have in Windows 8 for read wide emails. I was at Microsoft store in Bellevue Mall but they can not help me. Some emails are rather wide and part of them from the right side in invisible area. You can imagine
    only what is written there. In windows 8 on low right corner it was three dots which help us to read email on the full screen. In Window 10 we have only half of screen and this not enough to read or watching pictures and so on.

Maybe some one find decision for this problem.

Deel Mitchell, Feb 11, 2017
  3. john3650 Win User
    Show Desktop Icon

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to make that bit in the extreme right corner a bit bigger. It is only about 1mm wide whereas in W7 it was the same size as the other 'icons' in the notification area.

john3650, Feb 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, similar questions have been asked previously. I've just searched the forum for you

T-clock
    How to change width of clock display

If that doesn't help, you can try the search yourself and have a look at the other results.
    Hope that helps.

dalchina, Feb 11, 2017
  5. JohnDohe Win User
    JohnDohe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Notification Area not wide enough - Similar Threads - Notification Area wide

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Autohide windows notification area

in Windows 10 Support
    Autohide windows notification area: Hello, my computer is always showing all my icons in the notifications area. I had previously set it so it would hide but I think something changed in an update. In gpedit.msc I have enabled "Hide the notification area". In settings I have turned off "Always show all the...
  6. Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area

Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area: My notifications have moved from bottom right to near top left. I have seen ways to restore them by using regedit to change one of the key settings, but why did this happen? Has there been an unwanted update? I'll leave the registry as it is for the moment in case there is...
  7. notification area.

notification area.: Hi, I was wondering if it were possible too view my notifications on the left side of my screen as my task bar in down my left side. Any help would be welcomed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/26b98150-31c3-4808-b6d4-0cfc5d03f53d
  8. Notification area inconsistencies

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area inconsistencies: Hello: My Notification area shows four application icons, and there is no problems with them. When I click the ^ icon, I see 13 icons, all of which I have identified. No problem there either. Then, I right-click on the task bar, and click Taskbar Settings > Taskbar >...
  9. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...
  10. Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10: How to: Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10 How to Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app and system icons that provide status and notifications about things like incoming...