Windows 10: Windows 10 notification center problems

Discus and support Windows 10 notification center problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I really like windows 10 aside from a couple of really annoying glitches, as common in any windows experience I guess. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marko1401, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Marko1401 Win User

Windows 10 notification center problems

Hi.

I really like windows 10 aside from a couple of really annoying glitches, as common in any windows experience I guess.

Windows 10 notification center sometimes works like a charm for me, sometimes I don't get any notifications.

Namely facebook messages sometimes get though me, sometimes they don't get through at all? Why is that?
    Everything is setup properly in the app. Ive tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it which fixed the issue but after restart, all is back to being semi-working. Mail settings same story.

Is there some registry settings to double check to fix that annoying issue? I don't want to rely on my phone for everything.

Hoping i'm gonna get some constructive feedback here, I'm a power user but don't wanna go into registry or any settings which could get out of hand.

Lets solve this,

Thanks,

Marko

:)

Marko1401, Oct 11, 2015
  2. KDSFX Win User

Action Center not showing mail or calendar notifications

I have the windows 10 calendar and email apps setup but they do not show any notifications in the action center. I have the email accounts set to show notifications in the action center but when I go to the setting page from action center to select which
    apps show notifications in the action center, email and calendar are not listed? any one else have this problem or know how to fix it?

KDSFX, Oct 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10 UA - Action center problem

Hey everyone , i have a problem . i made a clean install with the latest version of windows 10 and after i installed the drivers i seen that my action center's icon doesn't show number of notifications.

How can i fix this ?

Update

I did a reset my pc to see if i still have the issue at action center . After finishing the reset process i received a notification and my action center's icon showed number of notifications ( 1 ) ; but after i seen the notification problem reappeared.

This problem can be solved?

Ciprian Goia, Oct 11, 2015
  4. Tony K Win User

Hello, Marko. Welcome to the forum

Is this a fresh install, came on your OEM, or an upgrade from previous OS?

Tony K, Oct 11, 2015
  5. Marko1401 Win User
    Completely fresh install. I generally don't do upgrades. Format SSD, new partitions, new fresh install win 10.

Like I said - sometimes notifications work. Sometimes they dont't.
    Which is REALLY annoying. Ive missed important mails, messages over facebook etc etc.

I don't generally want to spend my time figuring out why so thanks for helping out mate.

Marko1401, Oct 11, 2015
  6. Tony K Win User
    You're quite welcome, Marko.

There have been many ill reports of the native Mail app and notifications in 10. I've not come across this for the Facebook app. I do not have nor use the app. I do not have an account. We'll see what we can do.

Do you notice a difference if the app is left open or closed. Some report if they leave the Mail app open they get notifications. This may be true for the Facebook or any other app as well.

You may want to try these as well, although it probably won't help, but worth a try, for I think the issue is a failing of one or some Windows services that is the culprit. Run the DISM check health first. If it reports problems then run the repair.

DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

After that run SFC.

SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Good luck.

Tony K, Oct 11, 2015
  7. Marko1401 Win User
    There are no windows integrity violations, I already ran SFC test earlier before posting this as an issue, to save someones time and to be thorough. Ill try DISM after I get off work. Didn't know that.

Mail app notifications get through me even if mail app is closed and not working, probably the background process is working fine. Facebook, no. Sometimes it works great. Sometimes not.

Microsoft would you please get your s*** together....

Marko1401, Oct 11, 2015
  8. Tony K Win User

Ok, Marko. If your Mail app and notifications are working then the services are as well also. That's good. Like I stated some are reporting problems with that.

So we must conclude that it's the app and/or perhaps Facebook servers at fault. Please be aware that although MS approves these apps are Store worthy, they are not totally responsible for apps faulting, although they work closely with the developers. They do have their own apps, such as the Mail/Calendar app that they are responsible for. The Facebook app is indeed published by Facebook as seen below in a snip from the Facebook page in the Store. Does Facebook have a help site so to perhaps look for help there?

The DISM commands can check for and report on whether the OS store is corrupted and can repair it if it is. SFC cannot repair files if the store is corrupted. Whether or not SFC reports "No Windows integrity violations" if the store is corrupt I wouldn't know, for I'm not that knowledgeable, however if it reports that it cannot fix a violation then most likely the store is corrupt. It takes but a minute to check the store health. Repairing takes some time.

Windows 10 notification center problems [​IMG]

Tony K, Oct 11, 2015
  9. Marko1401 Win User
    Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

So just now I ran the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and it returned, after roughly 2 minutes at being at 20% - Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

[==========================100.0%==========================]
    No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

sfc /scannow also reported no integrity violations as reported earlier.

So the culprit would be in your opinion the facebook app?

I do get notifications for the mail and calendar apps - for the moment.

Marko1401, Oct 11, 2015
  10. paulsalter, Oct 11, 2015
  11. Tony K Win User
    Ok. Great.

We can only conclude it's the app. All else works fine, yes?

Just to check and make sure > Go to Settings (WinKey/I) > System > Notifications & Actions > Scroll down to "Show notifications from these apps" > Is Facebook shown and switched on?

You may also uninstall the app > Reboot > And reinstall the app to see if that cures it.

You use no Registry cleaner, correct?

Tony K, Oct 11, 2015
  12. Marko1401 Win User
    So facebook is getting some viber like thing as a program?

Settings are ok. This forum wont let me post screenshots for some reasons, maybe next time ill use snipping tool or something. Anyway - They are ok. Facebook is shown and ticked on - But in my Honest opinion behaves weird. Sometimes you get messages, as in all of them which is really good since I sell over facebook. And sometimes you get zilch. Nada. No-go! Which is frustrating. Which is why I posted in the first place.

Anyway,

Yes. I use Ccleaner. Ive used it since windows 7 through windows 8.1 and now 10. I can only say thank you and praises for the program. Do you think it interferes in anyway? I hardly believe any settings were changed by ccleaner aside from bad registry entries or non valid paths.

Ok. Just made a system restore point to be super safe. Tomorrow Ill delete facebook -> Reboot -> Install the app again. And post any changes. In the meantime someone knows how to totally erase registry entries? or is that a necessity even in this case?

I know that shutting down and restarting are two separate things since fastboot, what do you think?

Thanks guys.

As I said. I generally do like windows. But hey. They are windows after all. Windows 10 notification center problems :)

Marko1401, Oct 11, 2015
  13. Marko1401 Win User

For the moment, and for some reason. All is good.
    My business email lost sync and reports that it needs fixing but those are not related.

All is Ay ok. For now. Hopefully, long term ok.

Marko1401, Oct 11, 2015
  14. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Oct 11, 2015
  15. Tony K Win User
    A personal choice, but Brink, one of our main administrators who is very knowledgeable in Windows recommends not to use any Registry cleaner. Of course there pros and cons with them, but with the minute amount of data there is it isn't worth the while IMO. However, when I uninstall a program I will use it only sifting through it for any related data that's related to that program. One must take caution, though. I'll also go through the Programs folder first to see if it's left behind its folder, then run the cleaner. CCleaner is the best IMO.

Fast Boot is another personal choice. Some say it's worthwhile and some don't.

I should have mentioned this earlier. The 10 Store is much different than the 8/8.1 Store in that if ever you have a problem with an app, open the Store, use the search box to find the app, and open its page. That will give you information on the condition of the app so far as whether or not the app needs repair or reinstallation.

So far as the forum not letting you post screenshots > It may be that you need a certain amount of posts or more time of membership. You will find general FAQ button on the header of any forum page. Windows 10 Forums FAQ

So far as inserting pics: Reading and Posting Messages But like I said, you may need more posts and/or time.

And while I'm at it and since you're new: Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums The link is found at the bottom left on any forum page.

Good that you made a Restore Point. Of course, and just as a reminder, always back up important data.

That's all I can think of for now. Good luck to you, Marko.

Tony K, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 notification center problems - Similar Threads - notification center problems

2. Action Center problem with notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center problem with notifications: When I opened the action center, I used to get one or two notifications, usually headlines about recent news. I would then click the headline and be brought to a page with the full story. For more than the last two weeks, when I click the text, I get something like the...
  3. Action Center problem with notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center problem with notifications: When I opened the action center, I used to get one or two notifications, usually headlines about recent news. I would then click the headline and be brought to a page with the full story. For more than the last two weeks, when I click the text, I get something like the...
  4. Action Center problem with notifications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Account Problem - Notification Center Windows 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Problem - Notification Center Windows 10 Pro: Every 3rd or 4th time I restart my laptop I get the notification shown below. - I have not changed my Microsoft Live password or any other Microsoft Passwords. - I use Outlook / OneDrive / and Windows 10 PRO - Additional devices are: iPad and iPhone, both running current...
  6. Notification Center, and Desktop Icon Problems.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification Center, and Desktop Icon Problems.: Problem 1 - In the top right corner of my desktop, I have an Icon, that every time I reboot, log in, or refresh the desktop, it moves back to the left-hand side, where there is a space. Problem 2 - In the Notification Sidebar thing, the "Quick Actions" on the right are cut...
  7. Problem notifications on the side notification center

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem notifications on the side notification center: Hi everyone, in practice when I get a notification of any application on the sidebar on Windows 10 and I press on the notification itself no longer opens the program, which I did before with the previous version of Windows, I have the 1903. How do I solve? 140240
  8. Problem with Notifications in Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Notifications in Action Center: I am having a weird issue with notifications for the Action Center. It will work correctly for a while after a reboot (i.e. the icon will change to white with black lines and the proper number of notifications will show up) and then after a while (still not sure what...
  9. Notification Center Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Center Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 Pro 1803. I was running Office 2013 STD. and it was all fine. I upgraded to Office 2019 STD and now when I receive emails the email notification stays in the notification center. It does not automatically clear itself anymore like it did when I was...
  10. Win10 x64 Notification Center problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 x64 Notification Center problems: Hi I have a lil problem with my notification center.. The problem is i cant get any notifications and can't change any options that belong to it... [img] [img] Would like to know is there any solution to this ? All help is much apprectiated 10720