Windows 10: Windows 10 Notifications not working until it detects activity

Discus and support Windows 10 Notifications not working until it detects activity in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After updating to FCU, I noticed my notifications would not work if I'm away from the PC. The notifications would sound as soon as I move my mouse or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by heartog, Dec 10, 2017.

1. heartog Win User

Windows 10 Notifications not working until it detects activity

After updating to FCU, I noticed my notifications would not work if I'm away from the PC. The notifications would sound as soon as I move my mouse or press a key on my keyboard. I constantly leave my PC with speakers on while away and I would know if there is a way to make windows give notifications while it doesn't detect activity like in the past.

:)

heartog, Dec 10, 2017
  2. fitfit759 Win User

Windows 10 Notifications not working until it detects activity from keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc

After updating to FCU, I noticed my notifications would not work if I'm away from the PC. The notifications would all appear as soon as I move my mouse or press a key on my keyboard. I constantly leave
    my PC with speakers on while away and I would know if there is a way to make windows give notifications while it doesn't detect activity like in the past.

fitfit759, Dec 10, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Notifications not working until it detects activity from keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc

Hi,

This could be an issue with the configuration on your Windows, or some application is affecting this misbehavior. To rectify this, we need to start a diagnostic to know the main reason behind all this. Please perform the following steps below:

• Perform Clean Boot. This is to check if some programs or services are affecting this. Head over to this
      link for the steps.
    • Check out this link for the instruction to setup the notifications in Windows 10.
    • You can also change your Power plan and see the results. To do this, right click on
      Start, choose Power Options. On Choose or customize a power plan, change the the
      Preferred plans to High performance. If High performance is not visible, click on
      Create a power plan on the left side then choose High performance.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Dec 10, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Notifications not working until it detects activity

1. Windows 10 Notifications not working until it detects activity - Similar Threads - Notifications working until

2. Windows 10 Activation valid until?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation valid until?: Hello, I'd like to know until when I can still activate Windows 10 through the Microsoft activation servers or by phone. For instance, if I wanted to activate Windows 10 in 2034, would I still be able to do so?Thank you Nir...
  3. Windows 10 Activation valid until?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation valid until?: Hello, I'd like to know until when I can still activate Windows 10 through the Microsoft activation servers or by phone. For instance, if I wanted to activate Windows 10 in 2034, would I still be able to do so?Thank you Nir...
  4. Windows 10 Activation valid until?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Notifications and activities Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications and activities Windows 10: Hi, can someone help me? I just installed Messenger from Windows Store, there may have been an issue that made it unavailable in Notifications and Activities. This means I don't get any notifications from the app. Worse this also happens with all other apps. What should I do...
  6. Notifications and activities Windows 10

Notifications and activities Windows 10: Hi, can someone help me? I just installed Messenger from Windows Store, there may have been an issue that made it unavailable in Notifications and Activities. This means I don't get any notifications from the app. Worse this also happens with all other apps. What should I do...
  7. Notifications and activities Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Mail app not receiving notifications until onscreen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail app not receiving notifications until onscreen?: I recently downloaded Office and tried out Outlook, and I felt like I touched a piece of software from a decade ago so I uninstalled it. Now, notifications don't work on the default Mail app anymore. I've tried turning them on and off, and nothing works. Now, I only receive...
  9. "Virus detected" windows notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Virus detected" windows notification: I have received a notification, apparently through Windows, that my computer has viruses. See the image below. I immediately ran scans with Adaware and Malwarebytes. Adaware came up with nothing. Malwarebytes found 6 items and quarantined them. I shut down the PC and started...
  10. Unable to activate notifications - Windows 10

Unable to activate notifications - Windows 10: I'm unable to activate the app notifications. I dont know why, but this is disabled. When I put the mouse above the notification icon, I can see the message informing that "the notifications is disabled" [img] When I access the configurations I can see that the "show...