Windows 10: Windows 10 November Update - Bad Creative Sound Card Driver

Discus and support Windows 10 November Update - Bad Creative Sound Card Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, yesterday I was happily playing my music with the nice working drivers. Along comes the new Windows 10 November update to download and install, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TPigPog, Nov 14, 2015.

1. TPigPog Win User

Windows 10 November Update - Bad Creative Sound Card Driver

So, yesterday I was happily playing my music with the nice working drivers. Along comes the new Windows 10 November update to download and install, it went in fine without any issue. To my surprise the next day my speakers wern't working in full 5.1 (I have the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio card) and the EAX effects didn't sound right (had no depth). So I then checked to see if the Creative Audio Panel software would open and inevitably it didn't.

I then went online and re-downloaded and installed the appropriate driver from the Creative Labs website, restarted my computer and then tried to open up the Creative Audio Panel... SUCCESS!! At least I thought until I spotted that not all the tabs at the top of the window were there (Crystalizer, EAX and X-Fi CMSS 3D). Then I decided to test with some music and again not working in 5.1 (even though it's specified in the software) and a weak quality in sound.

Please say this isn't what i'm going to have to listen to for months upon months. If anybody could help, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

:)

TPigPog, Nov 14, 2015

2. Windows 10 -- No sound after restart

Creative Audio cards: list of new drivers for Windows 10, including Sound Blaster legacy cards

Creative has updated the drivers for many of their old audio cards for use in Windows 10. Your card is listed and there are new Win 10 drivers available. You can grab the latest Windows 10 drivers for old cards

here
    , though they are still working on rolling some of the updates out. I’ve just updated my own Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio card driver. I bought the card when Vista came out in 2007. It was working fine in 10, it’s always nice to have
    the proper drivers for Windows 10 though. A nice move from Creative to support legacy cards.

Creative Weltweite Unterstützung

Richard Law Bijster, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 -- No sound after restart

Creative Audio cards: list of new drivers for Windows 10, including Sound Blaster legacy cards

Creative have updated the drivers for many of their old audio cards for use in Windows 10. If you do have one, you can grab the latest Windows 10 drivers for old cards

here
    , though they are still working on rolling some of the updates out. I’ve just updated my own Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio card driver. I bought the card when Vista came out in 2007. It was working fine in 10, it’s always nice to have
    the proper drivers for Windows 10 though. A nice move from Creative to support legacy cards.

Creative Weltweite Unterstützung

Richard Law Bijster, Nov 14, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I used to have a creative sound card and the main issue I encountered was poor driver support by them. This was back in the Win7/Win8/8.1 days and I would have thought they would have remedied the situation by now.

Sorry about your issues.. I hope they update the drivers for you soon,
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 14, 2015
  5. TPigPog Win User
    Thanks, yeah Creative were pretty bad with their support, they did update most of their drivers in July/August for the Windows 10 release, i'm now hoping they release a better driver for this November update.

TPigPog, Nov 14, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I hope so for your sake. They make great hardware but they really need to up their game with the driver support. If I did get a new sound card I would get an Asus. I think that they would have better driver support.

BunnyJ, Nov 14, 2015
  7. TPigPog Win User
    I agree, luckily it's only a cheap thing in the first place and cheap to replace. It's funny that you can still buy it from other sellers on amazon.

TPigPog, Nov 14, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Nov 14, 2015
  9. TPigPog Win User
    TPigPog, Nov 14, 2015
  10. TPigPog Win User
    SOLVED! Boggles my mind how simple some of things really are, but a basic re-install of the driver instead of installing over the previous copy solved it for me. Thanks for the input Jeff, but the future looks good for me at the moment with this sound card... until maybe a Windows 10.1 comes out haha.

TPigPog, Nov 14, 2015
  11. spapakons Win User
    Yes, this is a known annoying issue with the new upgrade to Windows 10 TH2. All your drivers are updated without notice with generic Microsoft not-full-feature drivers and you have to reinstall any OEM drivers to get full functionality back. Also all customizations (colors, fonts, icons etc) are canceled and all Advanced Security settings in IE are return to the default. Apart from that, I didn't notice anything else.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 November Update - Bad Creative Sound Card Driver - Similar Threads - November Update Bad

2. Creative Sound Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creative Sound Card: I just brought a Creative SB Audigy RX sound card, everything is find only the driver from creative web site is oudated. Anywhere i can find mod/hack/updated drivers ? Thanks. 168355
  3. After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working: After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working. There is no sound my web browsers. I have tested this in both the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. When playing videos, the sound is significantly reduced...
  4. After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working

After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working: After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working. There is no sound my web browsers. I have tested this in both the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. When playing videos, the sound is significantly reduced...
  5. Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card, latest driver, no sound when upgraded to Windows 10 (again)

Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card, latest driver, no sound when upgraded to Windows 10 (again): I had this problem several years ago when I updated my desktop from Windwos 7 to 10 under the free offer. But when I did so, I could never get my Creative SB X-FI sound card to produce sound in my 5.1 speaker system. I did everything, and even posted on this forum. Could...
  6. creative sound card issues

creative sound card issues: There has been a known issue with creative sound cards not working after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903. I finally had to remove the sound card and rely on the onboard sound for the time being. When can we expect this problem to be resolved as I would like to use my...
  7. Updated to Windows 10 vs1903 Now my Sound card (creative sound blaster) won't work

Updated to Windows 10 vs1903 Now my Sound card (creative sound blaster) won't work: I updated to Windows vs1903 now my sound card will not work. I reinstalled the drivers, my speakers popped as the drivers had updated, but still no sound. I have an HP Z420, 64 bitwindows . the event viewer shows "Device...
  8. Creative XFI drivers for Windows 10 no sound problem

Creative XFI drivers for Windows 10 no sound problem: Hello I have a Sound Blaster XFi Elite Pro On this page Creative provides drivers for Windows 10. https://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331&h=13a Unfortunately these drivers don't work anymore with latest windows 10 versions. I tried them but there is no...
  9. Creative SB 1095 Sound card automatically switches to default sound card after Windows 10...

Creative SB 1095 Sound card automatically switches to default sound card after Windows 10...: I have a sound card Creative sb 1095 it working fine on win 10 1709, after update win 10 1803 it doesn't working, something goes wrong. Sound opption auto swich between onboard sound card realtek alc 233 and Creative sb 1095 like this...
  10. no Sound from creative soundblaster card since windows 10 update

no Sound from creative soundblaster card since windows 10 update: I have been pulling my hair out trying to get sound back ever since installing the most recent updates to windows 10. Delete, reinstall ,troubleshooting, downloading new updates from creative resetting the audio service over and over again, nothing works my computer tells me...