Windows 10: Windows 10 November Update Trashed My Computer

Discus and support Windows 10 November Update Trashed My Computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This morning I received the November Windows 10 update. At the point it says it is installing new features and drivers it gives me an error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by StevenTodd, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Windows 10 November Update Trashed My Computer

This morning I received the November Windows 10 update. At the point it says it is installing new features and drivers it gives me an error message that Windows encountered a problem. It then reverts me back to my previous version of Windows. When I sign back to my account the automatic update tries to install the update again. Again it gets to the point of where it saysit is installing new features and drivers and again it says it encountered a problem and reverts me back again to my prior version of Windows.

I then did a new install of Windows and tried the update again. For the third time it says itencountered a problem but never tells me what the problem is. Since there is no way to disable the update Iguess my only solution is to trash the computer unless someone can give me a solution. I have ran the troubleshooting feature in the Control Panel and did the scan now command to no avail. So it looks like my best option is to buy a new computer but it will not be a Windows PC. Going with an Apple Mac. Not going to be subject to these forced Microsoft updates. Had it not been for the forced updates I could decline the update and still have used the computer with the prior version of Windows 10.

:)

StevenTodd, Nov 13, 2015
  2. Time Lady Win User

Windows 10 November Update Trashed My Computer

Turn off any anti virus & firewall software, set the theme to the windows default which is without the screensaver & remove any external usb devices like dvd & HD drives.

Time Lady, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 November Update Trashed My Computer

This morning I received the November Windows 10 update.
    At the point it says it is installing new features and drivers it gives me an error message that Windows encountered a problem.
    It then reverts me back to my previous version of Windows. When I sign back to my account the automatic update tries to install the update again.
    Again it gets to the point of where it says it is installing new features and drivers and again it says it encountered a problem and reverts me back again to my prior version of Windows.

I then did a new install of Windows and tried the update again.
    For the third time it says it encountered a problem but never tells me what the problem is.
    Since there is no way to disable the update I guess my only solution is to trash the computer unless someone can give me a solution.
    I have ran the troubleshooting feature in the Control Panel and did the scan now command to no avail.
    So it looks like by best option is to buy a new computer but it will not be a Windows PC.
    Going with an Apple Mac. Not going to be subject to these forced Microsoft updates. Had it not been for these forced updates I could decline the update and still used the computer with the prior version of Windows 10. What good is it to
    have the computer revert back to the prior version but then when you sign back into your account the automatic update takes over and I am back to a continuous loop.

LarryRice_852, Nov 13, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Did you try a clean install of the new build 10586?

NavyLCDR, Nov 13, 2015
  5. I have tried to install manually 5 times all failed. So far the automatic update is not kick in, but I'm very afraid it will be.

This Threshold update is a disaster for some users.

BTW, I don't want a clean install as I have a bunch of SW I want to keep and it works quite well with the current build.

Bruno Luong, Nov 13, 2015
  6. After working on it for over 8 hours I finally got the update installed. The issue seemed to have been a driver issue. Do not know how it got resolved but it did.

StevenTodd, Nov 14, 2015
  7. Geneo Win User
    As with you, I had issues and it took a long time to correct them all. Seems a big price to pay for basically non-gray menus and a few minor other tweaks.

Geneo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 November Update Trashed My Computer - Similar Threads - November Update Trashed

2. My Computer is now Trash because of Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer is now Trash because of Windows 11 Update: ok so i wanted to update my computer to windows 11 because i have heard it runs better so i did but after i did i tried it with a game but the game ran worse it was like every game was limited to 6 fps and i dont know why!!!! Then i downgraded to windows 10 and nothing...
  3. My Computer is now Trash because of Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer is now Trash because of Windows 11 Update: ok so i wanted to update my computer to windows 11 because i have heard it runs better so i did but after i did i tried it with a game but the game ran worse it was like every game was limited to 6 fps and i dont know why!!!! Then i downgraded to windows 10 and nothing...
  4. my computer is trashed

in Windows 10 Customization
    my computer is trashed: There is no way to fix it, tried going to a earlier build, also installed a preview build on a virtual machine but it updated my HOST!?, It's not fair, now all the files to let me go back to the previousbuild are gone forever....
  5. Windows 10 update TRASHED my desktop computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update TRASHED my desktop computer: I attempted to update my desktop computer a week ago and it kept failing. I ended up on a blue screen and managed to uninstall the update and recover. I then ran AVG utilities to clean up my Registry, CheckDisk and Defrag. Backed up my documents to my laptop, I made a System...
  6. Windows 10 November update

Windows 10 November update: I have twice updated and after each time my PC was unusable. Excel and Word had defaulted to a black background with yellow font. LastPass was the same with the added problem that most features, e.g. viewing settings were unreadable. I had to revert to the older Windows 10...
  7. windows 10 november update

windows 10 november update: Is the November Windows 10 update for the home edition too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-november-update/45232e5a-3805-44fd-ad49-5276f13dcd7f
  8. Recent Windows 10 Update trashed my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recent Windows 10 Update trashed my computer: I am pissed! yesterday(feb 23, 2019) my Win10 Home system began an update on it's own. OK So I let it go. Iwas working on my Win7 system while this was updating. Some time later I glanced over at it's progress and saw something I had never seen before. It said that the update...
  9. Windows 10 Updates Trash My Desktop

Windows 10 Updates Trash My Desktop: Windows 10 Updates often trash my Desktop Layout. Everything is still there but it is completely re-arranged. This is particularly annoying when I have allowed the desktop to accumulate too much crap but still have all the important, frequently used stuff in discrete, easy to...
  10. Windows 10 - November Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - November Update: I went through the process of updating my pc and everything went fine. The system did the updates, it got through all the screens. I got back to the desktop and suddenly I got a BSOD. The BSOD was really bad as BSOD goes, every time the computer would get to the login screen...