Windows 10: Windows 10 November update wont install. Im at my wits end.

Discus and support Windows 10 November update wont install. Im at my wits end. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I still haven't got the November update for windows 10. Ive recently signed up to seek advice. Windows update simply keeps saying the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by m4rksc, Jan 13, 2016.

1. m4rksc Win User

Windows 10 November update wont install. Im at my wits end.

Hi all,

I still haven't got the November update for windows 10. Ive recently signed up to seek advice. Windows update simply keeps saying the window 10 1511 has failed etc etc, so I tried the media creation tool which does its first step to 100% and then it disappears and im left with a small box that says something happened. Next I download the ISO, and I get to the same point of the process and the same 'something happened' box! Next I thought I would reset my installation but keep my files.........does its thing for about half an hour and windows restarts and loads back up 'there was a problem nothing has been altered'. Is there anything else I can do, I really dont want to back up my system Ive got tons of stuff.

Thanks in advance!

:)

m4rksc, Jan 13, 2016

2. Im at my wits end.. CANNOT project to another screen on windows 10.

Hello Tara,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with the issue that you are facing.

Since you have tried installing and uninstalling the drivers multiple time, and also tried compatibility mode, I would like to ask you:

• When you plug in the external display, does the PC detect any new hardware or not?
    • You mentioned that you tried the same device and setup on a different Laptop, does that laptop also has Windows 10 installed?

Note: Ghost devices are the previously installed devices which are not connected but the drivers for that device is still present in the computer and sometimes shows in the
    devices list.

To get rid of unwanted drivers, devices, or services, use the following steps:

• Open the Start menu.

• Swipe to the upper right corner to bring charm bar.

• Type cmd in search box.

• Select cmd from the displayed list, right click and
      Open as administrator.

• At the command prompt, type in
      set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press Enter.
    (Note that nothing seems to happen. This is expected. You are actually setting an environment variable which is going to help you to see hidden devices.)

• On the next command prompt line, type
      devmgmt.msc and press Enter. This will launch the Windows Device Manager Console.

• In the Device Manager Console, from the
      View menu, select Show Hidden Devices.
    As you expand the different drivers and devices in the device manager, you will see not only the items that Windows currently detects as installed on your PC; but you will also see drivers, devices, and services which have
    been loaded in the past but were not uninstalled or are not currently started. You can find your offending device, right-click, and choose
    uninstall to remove it from the system completely.

Note that ghost devices, drivers, and services are “grayed” out, but that does not necessarily mean that you should delete all of them. Only remove items you know you do not need. Be careful that you do not change too
    many devices.

Once you have removed the ghost drivers completely from the system, try to restart the system and connect the device again.

Let us know the results.

Sahil Bali, Jan 13, 2016
  3. TaraDavey Win User
    Im at my wits end.. CANNOT project to another screen on windows 10.

Ugh where do I start. I've spend the last week trying to figure this out!

I'm not like amazing at computers, I don't really know what I'm doing a lot of the time unless google has taught me, but anyway, I hope this makes sense.

Since upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10, I just cannot connect another screen to my laptop, due to the drivers failing with the windows 10 update.

I have uninstalled and installed and updated and rolled back drivers way too many times to count at this point.

I've tried older drivers (for windows 7) and the newest windows 10 drivers, I've tried literally everything I could think of and google. I just don't have any idea what to do anymore.

Unfortunately, I'm using an older laptop (as a media player, connecting to my TV) and all of the HDMI/VGA ports have stopped working, so the way I connect to the other display is with a usb-to-hdmi cable, but I know this isn't the problem as I've tested it
    with another laptop and it connects perfectly fine, and quickly.

Anyway, back to the point, can somebody help me with this? I will try anything I can I'm just getting desperate, clearly what I'm doing isn't working.

TaraDavey, Jan 13, 2016
  4. Windows 10 November update wont install. Im at my wits end.

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 13, 2016
  5. m4rksc Win User
    Hi. I have tried that method too. But I keep getting a 'something happened' error with no codes. It does the same error at the same point whichever way I go about the update?

m4rksc, Jan 13, 2016
  6. JRJ
    JRJ Win User
    Like you, I have tried all of the above and MORE since the November Update was released and the result is exactly the same as above. Nothing seems to allow the "install." You would think after two month Microsoft would have figured it out!!!!
    Please help...

Thanks in advance

7. JRJ
    JRJ Win User
    I have tried this several times with the same result ... "something happened," which you can appreciate if of no value at all.
    Microsoft needs to figure this out. As users we shouldn't have to go to the ends of the earth, or in this case the internet, to figure it out for ourselves!

Cheers

8. Windows 10 November update wont install. Im at my wits end.

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 14, 2016
  9. JRJ
    JRJ Win User
    Thank you. I downloaded ISO and ran "setup" with the same result. "Installing Windows 10... your PC will reboot serval times...."
    It ran and then seems to stall at 56%... after about 5 minutes it scrambles through 65%, 70%, 71% to 85% and then suddenly I'm back to my desktop with a littled white notification box that says "Something happened... installation failed."
    Like I said in an earlier post I have tried virtually every recommendation found on the internet with no success and no actual error codes. Unless you have another suggestion I appeared doomed to stay with the old version of WIN 10.

Thank you.

10. cereberus Win User
    Yeah - it is a PITA when the manual installation fails.

You can of course do a clean install which usually works by making a bootable usb using iso, but that would mean reinstalling all your programs and backing up data etc.

If you decide to try this, strongly recommend you make a system image backup of the current installation (using Macrium Reflect Free or similar), so you can easily revert if things go wrong.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 November update wont install. Im at my wits end.

1. Windows 10 November update wont install. Im at my wits end. - Similar Threads - November update wont

2. I Am At My Wit's End

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Am At My Wit's End: After digging through countless forums and help boards I cannot filter through or find anything relevant to my current situation. I got a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 a few days ago and set up a few things, nothing much. Just Steam, Tf2, Zoom, Minecraft, and a couple...
  3. AT my wits end with this mouse issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AT my wits end with this mouse issue: y does my mouse not work since windows 10? requires 1 2 3 clicks to function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-my-wits-end-with-this-mouse-issue/072dc6b7-98d5-454a-9d0c-dde48cd963d5
  4. I am at my wits end..

I am at my wits end..: submitted by /u/TIWIMEISTER [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlypq3/i_am_at_my_wits_end/
  5. Constant BSOD - at my wits end

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD - at my wits end: Hi, Can someone please look at my minidump files and point me in the right direction here? dump files here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkUVehxmeikB8TZCZS_rcFQniT2N?e=PZhmYf been getting ntfs.sys a lot of late but has also been others. i had changed my SSD, swapped memory...
  6. Im at wits end....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Im at wits end....: Okay, I've been running NOX android emulator on my windows10 , Dell laptop for about a week with no problems. Then a few days ago, I started it up, and got a blue screen. ERROR VERIFICATION FAILED 15 ACCESS DENIED and in the middle of the screen, theres a little icon that...
  7. At wit's end

At wit's end: Ok, so a little while ago, I decided I want to get into game streaming. I'm a stay at home, disabled husband. I bought a decent pair of headphones, and a professional cardiodid mic. Everything worked perfectly - until today. Now, I can't get my mic to work with groups,...
  8. Windows 10 Update *At My Wits End*

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update *At My Wits End*: Hello, Long story short, I have been trying to update the various new updates since May this year! Everytime I get close it says I lose space so I tried to use an external hardrive - wouldn't accept it. I tried creating space - Still wasn't enough! I have done the...
  9. At Wits end

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At Wits end: Ok, things used to be so easy. I have three new or newer computers running windows 10 and avg internet security ultimate. I can't connect to other computers on network and am just about bald. I can see one computer but the laptop I can't. all settings are the same.. I am...
  10. Windows 10 forced download - at my wits end.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 forced download - at my wits end.: I have owned windows OS PCs since Win2000. I have never had any issues until I bought my Win10 machine. I am on a limited data plan and have done everything I can think of to stop automatic windows updates because they chew up all my data allowance (win10 is updating as I...