Windows 10: Windows 10 Num Lock

Discus and support Windows 10 Num Lock in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I turn on the Num Lock key on Windows 10? I would like it to stay on after reboot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomSkaggsLV, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Num Lock

How do I turn on the Num Lock key on Windows 10? I would like it to stay on after reboot.

:)

TomSkaggsLV, Jul 25, 2018

2. Num Lock issue on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the Num Lock on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

You may plug in an external keyboard to the PC to check if the Num Lock issue reoccurs. You may also want to use the on-screen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 25, 2018
  3. bm26 Win User
    How to keep Num Lock ON in Windows 10

How to keep Num Lock ON in Windows 10 can any one give me steps so that each time I do not have to press Num Lock on

4. Kris Ver Win User

Windows 10 Num Lock

NUM Lock issue

Hi Karl,

The status of the NUM LOCK key is specific for each user, and NUM LOCK is disabled by default. If you want the NUM LOCK key enabled for use before a user presses CTRL+ALT+DEL to log on, you must use Registry Editor to change the default behavior.

To enable NUM LOCK before a user logs on, follow these steps:

• Run Registry Editor.
    • Move to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard.
    • Change the value for InitialKeyboardIndicators from 0 to 2.

IMPORTANT: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: How to back up and restore the registry in Window.

Kindly update us with the result.

Kris Ver, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Num Lock

1. Windows 10 Num Lock - Similar Threads - Num Lock

2. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  3. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  4. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  5. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  6. Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.: Hi, i remember diabling this setting a long time ago and can't remember how. today this annoying thing popped up again. I have tried a multitude of methods that have been previously posted, but appear to lack the options required to complete the instructions. please help me...
  7. Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.

Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.: Hi, i remember diabling this setting a long time ago and can't remember how. today this annoying thing popped up again. I have tried a multitude of methods that have been previously posted, but appear to lack the options required to complete the instructions. please help me...
  8. How do I turn off caps lock num lock scroll lock indicator, I've tried everything. Windows 11

How do I turn off caps lock num lock scroll lock indicator, I've tried everything. Windows 11: How do I turn off caps lock num lock scroll lock indicator, I've tried everything. Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-caps-lock-num-lock-scroll-lock/08e352e5-cda9-4054-9cf0-245d797eaa49
  9. How do I turn off caps lock num lock scroll lock indicator, I've tried everything. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off caps lock num lock scroll lock indicator, I've tried everything. Windows 11: How do I turn off caps lock num lock scroll lock indicator, I've tried everything. Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-caps-lock-num-lock-scroll-lock/08e352e5-cda9-4054-9cf0-245d797eaa49
  10. Caps Lock/Num Lock Visual Indicators turn on even when its off in settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock/Num Lock Visual Indicators turn on even when its off in settings.: So, i was with a friend clearing out ram on my computer when i hit "end task" on the fillies icon when i was in task manager. My computer immediately grey screened and i panicked and pressed the power button. I was able to shut down my computer and bring it back online. When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatically turn on num lock windows 10

2. external keyboard num lock on restart