Windows 10: Windows 10 OEM Partitions

Discus and support Windows 10 OEM Partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 2 OEM partitions on my windows 10, Disk 0. Both are small; one 350MB and the other 450MB (drive G). The later is within 10% of being full and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Simon#1SAC, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Windows 10 OEM Partitions

I have 2 OEM partitions on my windows 10, Disk 0. Both are small; one 350MB and the other 450MB (drive G). The later is within 10% of being full and I am constantly getting a system message making me aware of this space issue. Please can anyone tell me what these partitions are used for and if I need them? If they are required how do I increase or move drive G? thank you.

:)

Simon#1SAC, Jul 4, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Windows 10 OEM Partitions partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Jul 4, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Vulcan Win User

Windows 10 OEM Partitions

Updated to 1803 via Windows Update - now D: OEM partition is showing

Here's how you remove it from OEM partition. Let's assume in this scenario that the OEM partition has letter F and it's listed as Volume 4. Here are the steps:

1. Do a search for cmd and right click it and run As Administrator.
    2. Type the following commands one by one (hit Enter after each one of them):

> diskpart
    > list volume
    > select volume 4
    > remove letter=F

Done.

Vulcan, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 OEM Partitions

1. Windows 10 OEM Partitions - Similar Threads - OEM Partitions

2. ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition: my laptop: ASUS; Windows 7 Home edition sp1 2009 original; 25 GB partition for Windows OEM for factory recovery; MBR 700GB HDD Drive.HDD has bad sectors: over 40KB per partition.But Windows currently works well.summary:I got a 1TB SSD and I want to move to it since these bad...
  3. ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop Move from HDD to SSD with original windows 7 and OEM Partition: my laptop: ASUS; Windows 7 Home edition sp1 2009 original; 25 GB partition for Windows OEM for factory recovery; MBR 700GB HDD Drive.HDD has bad sectors: over 40KB per partition.But Windows currently works well.summary:I got a 1TB SSD and I want to move to it since these bad...
  4. Accidently Deleted WinRe OEM Partition, Lost Some Functionality when trying to restart and...

Accidently Deleted WinRe OEM Partition, Lost Some Functionality when trying to restart and...: Hello,I feel slightly embarrassed, because of the mistake, but I've made it, and now need some help to fix it. I've been researching for days to make my laptop "more secure". I don't think it'll ever be Windows 11 ready, I don't really want that, anyway, I just didn't know...
  5. Accidently Deleted WinRe OEM Partition, Lost Some Functionality when trying to restart and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidently Deleted WinRe OEM Partition, Lost Some Functionality when trying to restart and...: Hello,I feel slightly embarrassed, because of the mistake, but I've made it, and now need some help to fix it. I've been researching for days to make my laptop "more secure". I don't think it'll ever be Windows 11 ready, I don't really want that, anyway, I just didn't know...
  6. Accidently Deleted WinRe OEM Partition, Lost Some Functionality when trying to restart and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. VSS Shadow Copy service not working, wants to store on OEM Service Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VSS Shadow Copy service not working, wants to store on OEM Service Partition: Hi,today I attempted to copy my system partition for backup, the backup software showed me a VSS error. In the event log I found error 4001, saying that the shadow copies need at least 320 MB free space. The description also mentioned the drive where the error occured. After...
  8. VSS Shadow Copy service not working, wants to store on OEM Service Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSS Shadow Copy service not working, wants to store on OEM Service Partition: Hi,today I attempted to copy my system partition for backup, the backup software showed me a VSS error. In the event log I found error 4001, saying that the shadow copies need at least 320 MB free space. The description also mentioned the drive where the error occured. After...
  9. VSS Shadow Copy service not working, wants to store on OEM Service Partition

10. c: split into e: after crash / EFI Partitions / OEM ID for GPT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    c: split into e: after crash / EFI Partitions / OEM ID for GPT: Hi There,Wonder if you could help with the below three questions related to a current pc issue? I know my options for solving this problem, but would like to ask these related questions to assist with this and future practice:1 C: DRIVE SPLIT INTO C: AND E: AFTER CRASHMy pc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. have 2 oem partitions can i delete one of them?

2. 3 oem partitions in windows 10

3. new windows 10 1903 disc oem partition

4. view contents of oem partition in windows 10,
  5. diskpart create oem partition ,
  6. disk 0 oem partition windows,
  7. windows oem partition,
  8. windows 10 oem partition,
  9. windows 10 disk management oem partitions,
  10. windows 10 bootdrive merge oem partitions,
  11. windows 10 oem partition merge,
  12. win 10 d: oem partition