Windows 10: Windows 10 Offline Update Downloading - Which Method You Recommend

Discus and support Windows 10 Offline Update Downloading - Which Method You Recommend in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Have used Portable Updates and WSUS Offine Updates. Both gave me issue but the latter started giving me errors. The last Windows10 update seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by caxtin, Mar 28, 2017.

1. caxtin Win User

Windows 10 Offline Update Downloading - Which Method You Recommend

Have used Portable Updates and WSUS Offine Updates. Both gave me issue but
    the latter started giving me errors.

The last Windows10 update seem to be large and it got my montly data limits at home for four PCs.
    What would be the best method to update Windows (offline download) so I can bring the files home
    and update my PCs?

Thanks.

:)

caxtin, Mar 28, 2017

2. 1709

This is update assistant. You can try this also though foolproof method is media creation tool. But once again, this is an online update only not offline.

Windows experts recommend media creation tool to have a flawless experience. This is an offline update.

E for Excel, Mar 28, 2017
  3. I don't see the Get Windows 10

While updating to Windows 10 with Windows 10 setup, the downloading gets stuck at 75%. What do I do?

And which method is recommended? The "Upgrade this PC" or via the ISO file method.

Please help

SiddharthSingh95, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

The Offline updates I download are installable files, usually .msu. I just put them on a Thumb driver for transportability. Double-clicking a file starts the install.

Berton, Mar 28, 2017
  5. caxtin Win User
    - How do you download them? What process or utility?
    - Can I also download Office products updates with your process?
    Thanks.

caxtin, Mar 29, 2017
  6. I download updates from Microsoft Update Catalog
    I have never used Windows Update to download them since I found this catalog.

Matthew Wai, Mar 29, 2017
  7. TairikuOkami, Mar 29, 2017
  8. caxtin Win User

Hello,
    I tried the catalog using the "Windows 10 Update" search but the latest date is 7/11/16.
    Below is the search result information:
    Your search resulted in over 1000 matching updates. Only the first 1000 are returned. To narrow your search, try adding additional keywords to your search terms.

Updates: 1 - 25 of 1000 (page 1 of 40)

caxtin, May 11, 2017
  9. caxtin Win User
    I really love this tool except, it can ONLY download the architecture of the windows system where you are downloading with. I have both 32bit and 64bit systems at home but at the office, where I would download the updates, has only 64bit computer. Bummer!
    Thanks

caxtin, May 11, 2017
  10. You have to enter the correct keywords, for example 'version 1703 cumulative KB4016871'.
    That said, I have switched to downloading updates via Windows Update MiniTool, which spares me the trouble of typing the keywords.

Matthew Wai, May 11, 2017
  11. caxtin Win User
    I tried your "keyword" and it works. In this case, it is no more a keyword since I would have to know the name of the file I am looking for, which would be finding the name first before using the tool.

The Windows Update MiniTool would only download the architecture of the PC you are using, 64Bit or 32Bit.

Thanks for the information, well appreciated.

caxtin, May 11, 2017
  12. On the 32-bit computer at your home, use MiniTool to find the names.
    On the 64-bit computer at your office, use those names as keywords to search for updates at Microsoft Update Catalog.

Alternatively, you may click on 'Update Support URL', as shown in the screenshot below. Go to the URLs and copy the direct download links, which can then be used to download the updates on the computer at your office.

Matthew Wai, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Offline Update Downloading - Which Method You Recommend - Similar Threads - Offline Update Downloading

2. Which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend?: Hi everyone, which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend? I'm using Wise Registry Cleaner FREE. Do you recommend anything else? Which is the absolute best free or commercial? And which is instead the best free?Thanks in advance....
  3. Is there a recommended method to troubleshoot Windows update errors on my PC?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a recommended method to troubleshoot Windows update errors on my PC?": Need help with Windows update errors on my PC. Any troubleshooting tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-recommended-method-to-troubleshoot/c6a94445-6035-454e-99f5-4aa36d116581
  4. Is there a recommended method to troubleshoot Windows update errors on my PC?"

Is there a recommended method to troubleshoot Windows update errors on my PC?": Need help with Windows update errors on my PC. Any troubleshooting tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-recommended-method-to-troubleshoot/c6a94445-6035-454e-99f5-4aa36d116581
  5. Is there a recommended method to troubleshoot Windows update errors on my PC?"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Which Windows Hello for Business deployments / Trust do you recommend?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Which Windows Hello for Business deployments / Trust do you recommend?: I intend to incorporate WHFB to the office.Unfortunately, I can't find any reliable information about the various deployments/trust.Can you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of each deployment?...
  7. Which Windows Hello for Business deployments / Trust do you recommend?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Windows Hello for Business deployments / Trust do you recommend?: I intend to incorporate WHFB to the office.Unfortunately, I can't find any reliable information about the various deployments/trust.Can you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of each deployment?...
  8. Which Windows Hello for Business deployments / Trust do you recommend?

9. Which service pack to download for offline update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which service pack to download for offline update?: I'm going to my Grandparents house this weekend to get their computers updated. They are on a very slow municipal Wifi and a metered 4G connection that maybe get 3-10meg depending on how the wind blows and how many are on. When I was there for Thanksgiving and tried to DL...
  10. Which antivirus do you recommend is best for Windows 10 Home?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which antivirus do you recommend is best for Windows 10 Home?: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 Home and please tell me what antivirus you recommend to install it, but I want the antivirus not to consume too much resources. I mention that I checked on the AV-Test and AV-Comparatives sites and the antivirus that is embedded Windows 10...