Windows 10: Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted

Discus and support Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys i have Windows.old folder in my c drive every time i try to delete it says ''The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AmirAcle, Jun 21, 2016.

1. AmirAcle Win User

Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted

Hi guys i have Windows.old folder in my c drive every time i try to delete it says ''The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open another program Close the folder or file and try again."

Here are the steps are tried to deleting

1. Try using unlocker to delete the folder didn't work
    2. you ccleaner program to delete folder didn't work
    3. Using windows Disk cleanup and checking on previous Windows installation(s) didn't work
    4. taking ownership from the folder and try deleting it didn't work

like there is no way to delete this folder because in the folder it contains system files folder and there is no way to delete them any help would be great thanks.

:)

AmirAcle, Jun 21, 2016

2. Should I delete windows.old folder?

Unless you plan to move back to Windows 7 etc., yes!

Use the link for tips on how to remove the windows.old folder. You cannot right click and select 'Delete' to delete it.

How To Delete Windows.old Folder In Windows 10

IshamTrivedi, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10. I need System Privilidges to delete windows.old.

After upgrading to Windows 10 the old Windows 8.1 was renamed to windows.old. I cannot delete that folder. I get a message saying that I need System rights to delete the folder. How do I get System rights?

Jimmy RayClemons, Jun 21, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Jun 21, 2016
  5. AmirAcle Win User
    kk when i go to safe mod using option one how do i get out of safe mod just by restarting?

AmirAcle, Jun 21, 2016
  6. AmirAcle Win User
    safe mode didn't work either...

AmirAcle, Jun 21, 2016
  7. Hi have you tried as a last resort Revo Uninstaller
    Or go into your C Drive go to Windows there you should see a Folder called Windows Old.
    Try Right click on it and see if you can delete it that way.

hTconeM9user, Jun 21, 2016
  8. dencal Win User

dencal, Jun 21, 2016
  9. Gayle Win User
    Boot from a linux or ubuntu live cd and you can delete any files.

Gayle, Jun 21, 2016
  10. AmirAcle Win User
    AmirAcle, Jun 21, 2016
  11. AmirAcle Win User
    ?? are you okay i don't have linux... lol

AmirAcle, Jun 21, 2016
  12. RonCFL Win User
    Ha .. It's weird .. Just curious .. Are you using the admin acct. on that PC ?

It did work for me using Disk clean up ..:

Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted [​IMG]

RonCFL, Jun 21, 2016
  13. AmirAcle Win User

ya man i know its weird this is my main pc and im log in as admin i check that also when doing disk clean up

AmirAcle, Jun 21, 2016
  14. Gayle Win User
    There are many free linux live CDs available on the net, for example, Hiren's Boot CD, Ubuntu Live CD.

Gayle, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted - Similar Threads - Old Folder cannot

2. Cannot delete old one drive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete old one drive folder: My current working oneDrive folder is on Drive H , there is another oneDrive folder on Drive E, it contains a 25 kb file, and is probably from a previous installation, which is doing nothing and I wish to delete it but cannot....
  3. Cannot delete old one drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete old one drive folder: My current working oneDrive folder is on Drive H , there is another oneDrive folder on Drive E, it contains a 25 kb file, and is probably from a previous installation, which is doing nothing and I wish to delete it but cannot....
  4. Cannot delete a folder Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete a folder Windows 10: I'm trying to delete a folder but I can't delete it, when I right click and go to the security tab only this message appears - "the requested security information is either unavailable or cannot be displayed"I can't rename it as well, when I do that it says the file doesn't...
  5. Cannot delete a folder Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete a folder Windows 10: I'm trying to delete a folder but I can't delete it, when I right click and go to the security tab only this message appears - "the requested security information is either unavailable or cannot be displayed"I can't rename it as well, when I do that it says the file doesn't...
  6. Cannot delete a folder Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot delete folder - windows 10

Cannot delete folder - windows 10: Hi friends, I have this stubborn folder on my desktop that is refusing to be deleted. I have used a number of erasing applications to try removing it permanently. But to no avail Any advice?...
  8. Windows 10 folder cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 folder cannot be deleted: [img] Here is a folder I have found on my Win 10 PC. I have tried to delete/uninstall but it will not go away. How can It be removed? Windows 10 PRO v10.0.19041 165789
  9. Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder

Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder: Hi, So a few months ago I had a problem with an Insiders update so I had to reset my computer C: drive only. Prior to re-setting my computer, I had some official apps installed from Xbox Beta and Microsoft Store on the D: drive which is on a different hard drive than my...
  10. Old Windows folder delete

Old Windows folder delete: I just installed win 10 . I have 2 more drives with Win7 OS( Windows folders) in them. I am trying to delete these folders in vain. I am logged in as administrator. Any ideas?...