Windows 10: Windows 10 on a newer Dell Laptop suddenly is no longer a full screen but appears as a square

Discus and support Windows 10 on a newer Dell Laptop suddenly is no longer a full screen but appears as a square in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Out of the blue my Windows 10/Dell laptop suddenly lost its full screen display. The entirety of Windows or any app now appears as a square taking up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevenFriedman1, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Windows 10 on a newer Dell Laptop suddenly is no longer a full screen but appears as a square

Out of the blue my Windows 10/Dell laptop suddenly lost its full screen display. The entirety of Windows or any app now appears as a square taking up most of the height of the screen, but only about the center 2/3 of the screen, in the shape of a square. I attempted to fix this by changing resolution settings but that did not fix the problem. This is maddening.

:)

StevenFriedman1, Jul 31, 2018

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Dell Inspiron laptop Windows 10 stuck on Dell logo screen!!!!

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop Windows 10 and it won't advance past the Dell logo screen. The computer turns on, the Dell logo appears for a few seconds, then the screen goes black, and then it does it all over again......the Dell logo appears, and screen
    turns black...and on and on.......

I checked a few other forums and removed the battery, removed the power cable, held the power button down, powered it back on, it didn't work. I did a system diagnostic check and it came back good, with no problems.

Help!! Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

ToddMoriarty, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Windows 10 on a newer Dell Laptop suddenly is no longer a full screen but appears as a square

Windows 10 Club

Windows 10 on a newer Dell Laptop suddenly is no longer a full screen but appears as a square windows-10-build-9926-png.png

So I've tried the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926,... So far so good i like it, it appears to already have DX12.

At list i have an old Laptop to test it on,.. it's good so far and i highly think I'll be upgrading to it day on of release.

dxdiag screen above

Protagonist, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 on a newer Dell Laptop suddenly is no longer a full screen but appears as a square

1. Windows 10 on a newer Dell Laptop suddenly is no longer a full screen but appears as a square - Similar Threads - newer Dell Laptop

2. Black squares appearing on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black squares appearing on screen: I've already asked for help on this and as someone suggested, I redownloaded and updated my graphics drivers, but that didn't help at all.Black squares keep appearing on my screen randomly and they dissappear almost immediately. It is very distracting and annoying....
  3. Black squares appearing on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black squares appearing on screen: I've already asked for help on this and as someone suggested, I redownloaded and updated my graphics drivers, but that didn't help at all.Black squares keep appearing on my screen randomly and they dissappear almost immediately. It is very distracting and annoying....
  4. Black squares appearing on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black squares appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black squares appearing on my screen: Black squares keep appearing on my screen. All kinds of patterns and sizes. They appear for a split second then disappear. If the screen doesn't refresh, they stay there until I move my mouse. This isn't the screen's fault, I have tried using different screen to no avail....
  6. Black squares appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black squares appearing on my screen: Black squares keep appearing on my screen. All kinds of patterns and sizes. They appear for a split second then disappear. If the screen doesn't refresh, they stay there until I move my mouse. This isn't the screen's fault, I have tried using different screen to no avail....
  7. Black squares appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows 10 "photos" app suddenly changed, and full-screen image border is no longer white,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 "photos" app suddenly changed, and full-screen image border is no longer white,...: hello, i had stoped opening images on my computer for a week or so, but today, when i opened microsoft "photos" app. it has a totally different UI, probrally because of an update, the UI change does not bother me much, but what i am having problems with is the fact that the...
  9. Windows USB recovery newer Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows USB recovery newer Dell laptop: Hi - My 12 mos old dell inspiron 5584 crashed during a windows update. Stuck on the dell logo black screen/preparing auto repair.. i’m having trouble getting the USB recovery disk to work. Here’s what done so far with dell support. The sytem is uefi only no legacy boot mode...
  10. Screen blocks and a square appears at the top of the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen blocks and a square appears at the top of the screen.: Good Morning. A few minutes after open de surface, the screen blocks and apears a square at te top fo de screen. What can i do stop this?[IMG]...