Windows 10: Windows 10 on Aspire 7720G

Discus and support Windows 10 on Aspire 7720G in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; hi just upgraded my old laptop to windows ten from win 8.1, its a Acer aspire 7720G, had trouble with graphics drivers in 8.1, same problem on win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by web, Aug 21, 2015.

1. WEB
    web Win User

Windows 10 on Aspire 7720G

hi just upgraded my old laptop to windows ten from win 8.1, its a Acer aspire 7720G, had trouble with graphics drivers in 8.1, same problem on win 10 seem to be on a basic windows driver but does work but not good.

built my own desktops before, but not so much laptops, searched for new drivers online but cant find, plus slim drivers free addition says I'm up to date, but device manager says I have "other devices ... base system device" haven't got drivers ???

does anyone know if I can now buy, or update my graphics card?, or is it on-board and cant?, is there a slot if on board?, or any information I can find this all out?, plus been old laptop rarely used could I update processer cheaply now ?, use laptop mainly as a second pc to fix my main desktop

any help advice welcome

:)

2. XP ROCKS. Win User

Windows 10 failure

Your system is compatible with windows 10. See list.

Aspire V3-572G
    Aspire V3-572P
    Aspire V3-572PG
    Aspire V3-574
    Aspire V3-574G
    Aspire V3-574T
    Aspire V3-574TG
    Aspire V3-772
    Aspire V3-772G
    Aspire V5-122P
    Aspire V5-123
    Aspire V5-132

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models

You can perform a clean installation of Windows 10.

Clean Install Windows 10,

Clean Install Windows 10

XP ROCKS., Aug 21, 2015
  3. Anyone got update on aspire switch 10 ?

Hi

my aspire switch 10 has 3 GB memory free?

Can that be an issue for getting the update ?

Has anyone else got windows 10 update on aspire switch 10 ?

Best Regards

Muhammad Waqar Akram, Aug 21, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Do you know what type of graphics processor is in the laptop?

A little quick Googling suggest that it may be an nVidia 8400m. (m as in mobile.)

What drivers show in Device Manager? If the laptop is using the Microsoft basic drivers, download and install the drivers from Visual Computing Leadership from NVIDIA. I have done that for the 8200m device in my cheap old (2008) Compaq laptop.

These are the 64 bit drivers:

Drivers | GeForce

There are also 32 bit ones.

It's unusual for a laptop to have a discrete graphics card, but yours may be one of them. However, you won't find a replacement card at retail. Maybe you could get an RFE (removed from equipment) one on eBay. If you have 8400m graphics, though, I'd try to get those working before contemplating major surgery on the laptop.

bobkn, Aug 21, 2015
  5. popeye Win User
    Um, not unusual for a laptop to have a discrete graphics card, chip actually, but yes you should have the 8400m GS graphics. Many confuse discrete graphics in a laptop for an actual removable card but they are really a chip soldered to the motherboard. There was a period where high end gaming machines did have removable mini cards. I think it is a semantics issue mostly. Card, chip, it is still discrete graphics instead of just CPU based graphics and doesn't really matter how you refer to it.

Here is another link for drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/87987/en-us

Laptop info here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Short-R...ok.8225.0.html

popeye, Aug 22, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    I tend to use, or misuse, "discrete" for everything socketed.

The 8200m g graphics on my old 2008 Compaq laptop aren't socketed. I was mildly shocked that nVidia still supports them. I wish nVidia was as considerate for the MCP77MV chipset (AMD QL60 CPU).

bobkn, Aug 22, 2015
  7. WEB
    web Win User
    third time lucky win 10 keeps stalling on me don't know if its win ten or laptop ?

Windows 10 on Aspire 7720G [​IMG]

cant get any drivers to install all end up at above attachment picture, most likely my graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce 8400 Gs 32-bit but cant find a win 10 driver for it ...... been trying to source a 9600 GT MXM-ii but there about £60 might be better off buying new laptop

8. bobkn Win User

These don't work?

Drivers | GeForce

I suppose that you might be affected by an unfortunate practice of some notebook manufacturers: a custom device ID. Ih they did that, a driver package from nVidia may not recognize your card.

You could try the latest drivers Acer posted. They're for Windows 7 32 bit, from 2010.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFi...E&Step3=ASPIRE 7720G&OS=712&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_27

Good luck.

bobkn, Aug 23, 2015
  9. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Can you post your VENdor ID and DEVice ID? Go to hardware manager and double click your graphics card -> Details tab -> Hardware ID.

MIne is PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_367B1458&REV_A1

Then you can check PCI Vendor and Device Lists to check for Vendor and Device IDs.

In my case: 10DE = nVidia ; 13C2 = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

OR

You could use the nice util GPU-Z to find a lot of info about it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 on Aspire 7720G - Similar Threads - Aspire 7720G

2. What can I do my accer aspire 3 is not showing anything its blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do my accer aspire 3 is not showing anything its blank: Hello my pc accer aspire 3 is not showing anything on the screen it's blank no place to put a password not even icons it's just showing a picture and a pointer please help...
  3. What can I do my accer aspire 3 is not showing anything its blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What can I do my accer aspire 3 is not showing anything its blank: Hello my pc accer aspire 3 is not showing anything on the screen it's blank no place to put a password not even icons it's just showing a picture and a pointer please help...
  4. What can I do my accer aspire 3 is not showing anything its blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can I run Windows 11 on a Acer Aspire 3 2017 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I run Windows 11 on a Acer Aspire 3 2017 ?: I have a Acer Aspire 3 2017 and I wanted to see if it can run Windows 11 becuase windows 10 is starting to get old and I wanted to upgrade and this is the only laptop I have and when I go to updates in the settings it say "This device does not meet the minimum requirements to...
  6. My Acer aspire 13 will not let me download apps that aren't from the app store. How do I...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Acer aspire 13 will not let me download apps that aren't from the app store. How do I...: Anytime I try to download an app that is not in the app store I get a message saying I can't and to refer to the setting and I looked through the settings and can't find any5hing to change it....
  7. My Acer aspire 13 will not let me download apps that aren't from the app store. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Acer aspire 13 will not let me download apps that aren't from the app store. How do I...: Anytime I try to download an app that is not in the app store I get a message saying I can't and to refer to the setting and I looked through the settings and can't find any5hing to change it....
  8. My Acer aspire 13 will not let me download apps that aren't from the app store. How do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Cannot Enter BIOS on Acer Aspire 4752 After Installation of Lubuntu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Enter BIOS on Acer Aspire 4752 After Installation of Lubuntu: Hi! First of all this is not the first time I have installed more than on Operating System.I actually use more than one SSD with different operating systems. Windows 7, 8.1, 10, & 11; Debian 11 & Debian 12; Ubuntu Latest - I forgot the version Kubuntu, Xubuntu, & Lubuntu;...
  10. Cannot Enter BIOS on Acer Aspire 4752 After Installation of Lubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Enter BIOS on Acer Aspire 4752 After Installation of Lubuntu: Hi! First of all this is not the first time I have installed more than on Operating System.I actually use more than one SSD with different operating systems. Windows 7, 8.1, 10, & 11; Debian 11 & Debian 12; Ubuntu Latest - I forgot the version Kubuntu, Xubuntu, & Lubuntu;...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drivers acer aspire 7720g windows 10

2. acer 7720g win 10 drivers

3. Can acer 7720 run on windows 10?

4. acer aspire 7720g driver windows 10,
  5. windows 10 driver aspire 7720g,
  6. aspire 7720g compatible windows 10,
  7. acer drivers aspire 7720g win 10