Windows 10: Windows 10 on bootcamp

Discus and support Windows 10 on bootcamp in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have recently installed a newly bought version of Windows 10 pro onto my Macbook Pro using bootcamp. Everything is working fine and I am very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by geoff1948, Apr 1, 2016.

1. geoff1948 Win User

Windows 10 on bootcamp

I have recently installed a newly bought version of Windows 10 pro onto my Macbook Pro using bootcamp. Everything is working fine and I am very impressed with the speed of the system, however looking at disk cleanup it says I have an old windows file containing 16 gb, my questions are, 1) is it safe to delete this file to free up some disk space, and, 2) where did it come from considering it was a clean first time install.
    Reagards
    northwestern

:)

geoff1948, Apr 1, 2016

2. how do I reuse windows 10 licence from apple bootcamp if I want to create different sized partitions

I want to reclaim the space on my MacBook Pro, by removing the windows 10 bootcamp partitions, then install windows 10 through bootcamp on another MacBook Pro with a larger hard drive

RussellStewart62, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Kumpat Win User
    Repairing a Win 10 running on Boot camp using Win 10 system image file

Hi,

I had installed Win10 on bootcamp using Bootcamp utility using GB250 (Half of the Mc partition)

All worked fine. Win10 and OS/X (El capitan)

I needed to reduce Bootcamp win10 partition.

So I created Win 10 system Image and a repair disk using Windows admin tools.

Then removed the Win 10 and and bootcamp using Bootcamp utility on MAC.

Then I recreated new bootcamp partition of 150 GB (smaller than before)

Ran the recovery and installed the WIN 10 Image on to Bootcamp. (Windows recovery process reformatted the C:Bootcamp partition to NTFS to restore the image)

Windows 10 works fine. (Win admin tools show Win 10 is on C:bootcamp partition with Apprx 150 GB drive)

OS/ X runs fine also.

I checked the disk utility and it shows that I have OS X partition of the correct size (Disk minus150GB); there is no Bootcamp partition.

If I look at the HDD partitions it shows MAC partition of correct size but there is no Bootcamp. and the 150GB space is shown to unallocated.

I do I fix the problem such that OS X recognises the bootcamp partition

Any ideas ??

Kumpat, Apr 1, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Windows 10 on bootcamp

Welcome aboard, @geoff1948 *Smile
    Answer to your first question: Yes, it is completely safe to delete Windows.old folder in the C drive.
    *Arrow Windows.old Folder - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Answer to your second question: A clean install should not generate windows.old. An upgrade install or a repair install causes it. So it is very unusual in normal case. Though I dont know much about Mac and bootcamp, still it is unlikely.
    Perhaps you ran the installer anyhow from within the windows, after the installation id done?

Whatever may the reason be, feel free to delete it.

Thema:

Windows 10 on bootcamp

1. Windows 10 on bootcamp - Similar Threads - bootcamp

2. Windows 10 on iMac with Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 on iMac with Bootcamp: Can I transfer Windows 10 from my current computer to iMac with built in bootcamp program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-imac-with-bootcamp/2bec7a24-8fc3-4dff-980e-35ffa4fca429
  3. Windows 10 on iMac with Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 on iMac with Bootcamp: Can I transfer Windows 10 from my current computer to iMac with built in bootcamp program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-imac-with-bootcamp/2bec7a24-8fc3-4dff-980e-35ffa4fca429
  4. Windows 10 on iMac with Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bootcamp MacBook Pro 16” 2019 overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootcamp MacBook Pro 16” 2019 overheating: MacBook/Gaming OverheatsHi, I wondered if you would be able to help me. I have a MacBook Pro with the following spec and would like to use windows bootcamp to use steam and use it for gaming games like GTA. Having followed all the instructions and installing everything the...
  6. Bootcamp MacBook Pro 16” 2019 overheating

Bootcamp MacBook Pro 16” 2019 overheating: MacBook/Gaming OverheatsHi, I wondered if you would be able to help me. I have a MacBook Pro with the following spec and would like to use windows bootcamp to use steam and use it for gaming games like GTA. Having followed all the instructions and installing everything the...
  7. Bootcamp MacBook Pro 16” 2019 overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unable to deactivate Windows 11 Pro key on 2016 MacBook Pro Bootcamp to change to 2022...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to deactivate Windows 11 Pro key on 2016 MacBook Pro Bootcamp to change to 2022...: Hello, I purchased Windows 10 Home back in 2018 for my MacBook Pro in Bootcamp, worked fine.I recently upgraded to a new MacBook Pro and now need to run Windows on this machine for MS Project. Have to go with Parallels now.I had tried to upgrade my old machine to Windows 11...
  9. Unable to deactivate Windows 11 Pro key on 2016 MacBook Pro Bootcamp to change to 2022...

Unable to deactivate Windows 11 Pro key on 2016 MacBook Pro Bootcamp to change to 2022...: Hello, I purchased Windows 10 Home back in 2018 for my MacBook Pro in Bootcamp, worked fine.I recently upgraded to a new MacBook Pro and now need to run Windows on this machine for MS Project. Have to go with Parallels now.I had tried to upgrade my old machine to Windows 11...
  10. Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key: I'm trying to activate windows 10 on bootcamp with a valid windows key, and every time I try it fails. I've used this key for a long time now and Microsoft will mot validate my machine...No matter which way I go, I can't activate. Even though I know the keys are all...