Windows 10: Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS

Discus and support Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Continuing the legacy of hackerman1. Here's the thread about Windows 10 installations on OLD COMPUTERS ! . I start with my computer here .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WiiSky70, Feb 8, 2016.

1. WiiSky70 Win User

Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS

Continuing the legacy of hackerman1.

Here's the thread about Windows 10 installations on OLD COMPUTERS ! .

I start with my computer here .

NOTE : As of Windows 8.1 there's NO LONGER the WEI (Windows Experience Index) benchmark from Microsoft , so you will have to install this 3rd Party WEI : Windows Experience Index on Windows 10 and on Windows 8.1 - ChrisPC Win Experience Index - Get WEI Base Score, CPU Score, Memory Score, Gaming Score, Graphics Score, Storage Score - FREE Download - Chris P.C. srl

WEI Score

Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS [​IMG]

Speccy Info

Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS [​IMG]

:)

WiiSky70, Feb 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 old computer transfer to new Windows 10 computer

If I download new Windows 10 to my old Windows 7 computer & then transfer Windows 10 to new computer will it simplify the process. Old computer is in need of replacement

OTHGHAVASU, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Hardware upgrade to get ready for Windows 10

Before you buy windows 10 for that old computer, download the Windows 10 upgrade tool to see if windows 10 will run. I have a few old computers that windows 10 does not support.

GaPressman, Feb 8, 2016
  4. banger Win User

Is this supposed to be old hardware? Heck I am running Win 10 32 bit on a Foxconn Motherboard, with DDR2 633 4gb ram, a Dual Pentium @ 2Ghz and 2 20 gb IDE hard drives, and it runs perfect, slow, but perfect.

banger, Feb 9, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Just who is thehackerman1?? And why should we know who he is??

BunnyJ, Feb 9, 2016
  6. WiiSky70 Win User
    This hardware was never changed since it was build in summer of 2012 . It's almost 4 years old.

WiiSky70, Feb 9, 2016
  7. WiiSky70 Win User
    WiiSky70, Feb 9, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Never heard of him. And what does this have to do with the link you have in the OP??

The title is a bit misleading?? Trying to sell something??

BunnyJ, Feb 9, 2016
  9. WiiSky70 Win User
    The idea of the CAPS LOCK title was taken from similar Win7 on OLD computers thread that was made by another user at that time as well.

But i put all in CAPS because there are few threads about Windows 10 installations on old computers , on Forums and other media.

WiiSky70, Feb 9, 2016
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Huh?? There is very little in the thread about installing 10 on old computers. It's just about a link to a third party tool.

BunnyJ, Feb 9, 2016
  11. WiiSky70 Win User
    I kept the thread simple and visually appealing , it's not about how big the topic is , it's about sharing details like WEI and Speccy info .

That's pretty much about it.

WiiSky70, Feb 9, 2016
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Oh and that link in the OP starts the download automatically and that might not what users here would want to see happen.

BunnyJ, Feb 9, 2016
  13. WiiSky70 Win User

fixed now redirects to official site without auto download.

WiiSky70, Feb 9, 2016
  14. sml156 Win User
    I am the thehackerman1 of 2016 if you thought your computer was old my one must be ancient

Processor Name: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160
    Original Processor Frequency: 1800.0 MHz
    CPU Brand Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz
    CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel

Number of CPU Cores: 2
    Number of Logical CPUs: 2

BIOS Manufacturer: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG, Hewlett-Packard
    BIOS Date: 02/04/08
    BIOS Version: v5.01
    BIOS Message: Copyright 2008 by Hewlett-Packard Company
    UEFI BIOS: Not Capable
    Ram: 2048 MBytes
    Device Type: DDR2 SDRAM
    Device Type Detail: Synchronous
    Memory Speed: 800 MHz

I even had Windows 10 64 bit on this

sml156, Feb 9, 2016
  15. batlhilz Win User
    umm i ran win7 on p200 with 64mb. whats the news? it was heck slow but all i used was putty for ssh connection lol. sadly i dont have the rig anymore to slam it up again

batlhilz, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS - Similar Threads - OLD COMPUTERS

2. Battery seems to be going bad in a 3 month old computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery seems to be going bad in a 3 month old computer: I purchased an MSI PS63 from Microsoft sometime early July this summer. I use it for gaming as well as for school. Besides constant battery issues, I love the computer. When I am gaming, I obviously don't expect the battery to give me much more battery than an hour, so I just...
  3. Can old hard drive contents be viewed on new computer?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can old hard drive contents be viewed on new computer?: I have a hard drive from a laptop that became unusable several years ago. The display gave out, but the HDD was fine, so I removed it and kept it. Now I purchased a hard drive enclosure to be able to use it with my current laptop as a backup external hard drive to back up my...
  4. If i payed for an app on my old computer, can i transfer it to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If i payed for an app on my old computer, can i transfer it to my new computer?: no details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-payed-for-an-app-on-my-old-computer-can-i/c9421db6-8ea3-452b-b392-c4a666a94bdb"
  5. Upgrading Windows 7 To Windows 10 On Old Computer Without USB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 7 To Windows 10 On Old Computer Without USB?: I have an old dell desktop that uses windows 7. I haven't used it in long time and it just stays there. But i want to upgrade it to windows 10 as well. I read you can still do the upgrade. 1. How do i update it from windows 7 to windows 10? I don't see option like on...
  6. I had word on my old computer, how do I transfer it to my new laptop.?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I had word on my old computer, how do I transfer it to my new laptop.?: On my old computer, which died, I had Word. In our recent move, evidently I lost the key as I can not find it. How do I get word transferred to my new laptop? I would think it would be possible but how do I do it? Mavis Hintermeister *** Email address is removed for...
  7. Sold My Old Computer - Unsure About Personal Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sold My Old Computer - Unsure About Personal Accounts: I sold my old computer and I have manually deleted or uninstalled all programs and/or documents. I have also backed up my PC onto an external hard drive. I have a new computer and it seems that all or most of my previous programs and/or documents are there. My concern is...
  8. How to find old computer name in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to find old computer name in windows 10?: Hi Guys, I recently updated my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and changed the computer name. now i am in need of the old computer name for a software license that was tied to it. Any registry settings i should be looking at? all the help is much appreciated. Thank...
  9. Computer crash I restarted but lost all my internet data I have back up on old computer how...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer crash I restarted but lost all my internet data I have back up on old computer how...: C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-crash-i-restarted-but-lost-all-my/3021c481-84c3-4865-ab00-130dfac608a4
  10. Can't access my old external drive after my purchase of my new computer with Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access my old external drive after my purchase of my new computer with Windows 10....: How do I find my old external drive? I have used it since the purchase of my new computer but can't seem to get Windows 10 to recognize it again. I'm completely computer illiterate but have successfully used my computer for several business for 20+ years. Thanks!!!!!...