Windows 10: Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS

Discus and support Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Continuing the legacy of hackerman1. Here's the thread about Windows 10 installations on OLD COMPUTERS ! . I start with my computer here .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WiiSky70, Feb 8, 2016.

1. WiiSky70 Win User

Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS

Continuing the legacy of hackerman1.

Here's the thread about Windows 10 installations on OLD COMPUTERS ! .

I start with my computer here .

NOTE : As of Windows 8.1 there's NO LONGER the WEI (Windows Experience Index) benchmark from Microsoft , so you will have to install this 3rd Party WEI : Windows Experience Index on Windows 10 and on Windows 8.1 - ChrisPC Win Experience Index - Get WEI Base Score, CPU Score, Memory Score, Gaming Score, Graphics Score, Storage Score - FREE Download - Chris P.C. srl

WEI Score

Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS [​IMG]

Speccy Info

Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS [​IMG]

:)

WiiSky70, Feb 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 old computer transfer to new Windows 10 computer

If I download new Windows 10 to my old Windows 7 computer & then transfer Windows 10 to new computer will it simplify the process. Old computer is in need of replacement

OTHGHAVASU, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Hardware upgrade to get ready for Windows 10

Before you buy windows 10 for that old computer, download the Windows 10 upgrade tool to see if windows 10 will run. I have a few old computers that windows 10 does not support.

GaPressman, Feb 8, 2016
  4. banger Win User

Is this supposed to be old hardware? Heck I am running Win 10 32 bit on a Foxconn Motherboard, with DDR2 633 4gb ram, a Dual Pentium @ 2Ghz and 2 20 gb IDE hard drives, and it runs perfect, slow, but perfect.

banger, Feb 9, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Just who is thehackerman1?? And why should we know who he is??

BunnyJ, Feb 9, 2016
  6. WiiSky70 Win User
    This hardware was never changed since it was build in summer of 2012 . It's almost 4 years old.

WiiSky70, Feb 9, 2016
  7. WiiSky70 Win User
    WiiSky70, Feb 9, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Never heard of him. And what does this have to do with the link you have in the OP??

The title is a bit misleading?? Trying to sell something??

BunnyJ, Feb 9, 2016
  9. WiiSky70 Win User
    The idea of the CAPS LOCK title was taken from similar Win7 on OLD computers thread that was made by another user at that time as well.

But i put all in CAPS because there are few threads about Windows 10 installations on old computers , on Forums and other media.

WiiSky70, Feb 9, 2016
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Huh?? There is very little in the thread about installing 10 on old computers. It's just about a link to a third party tool.

BunnyJ, Feb 9, 2016
  11. WiiSky70 Win User
    I kept the thread simple and visually appealing , it's not about how big the topic is , it's about sharing details like WEI and Speccy info .

That's pretty much about it.

WiiSky70, Feb 9, 2016
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Oh and that link in the OP starts the download automatically and that might not what users here would want to see happen.

BunnyJ, Feb 9, 2016
  13. WiiSky70 Win User

fixed now redirects to official site without auto download.

WiiSky70, Feb 9, 2016
  14. sml156 Win User
    I am the thehackerman1 of 2016 if you thought your computer was old my one must be ancient

Processor Name: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160
    Original Processor Frequency: 1800.0 MHz
    CPU Brand Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz
    CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel

Number of CPU Cores: 2
    Number of Logical CPUs: 2

BIOS Manufacturer: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG, Hewlett-Packard
    BIOS Date: 02/04/08
    BIOS Version: v5.01
    BIOS Message: Copyright 2008 by Hewlett-Packard Company
    UEFI BIOS: Not Capable
    Ram: 2048 MBytes
    Device Type: DDR2 SDRAM
    Device Type Detail: Synchronous
    Memory Speed: 800 MHz

I even had Windows 10 64 bit on this

sml156, Feb 9, 2016
  15. batlhilz Win User
    umm i ran win7 on p200 with 64mb. whats the news? it was heck slow but all i used was putty for ssh connection lol. sadly i dont have the rig anymore to slam it up again

batlhilz, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS - Similar Threads - OLD COMPUTERS

2. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  3. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  4. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. old computer had all my pics to see now window 11 has all in file and I can not see ALL OF...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old computer had all my pics to see now window 11 has all in file and I can not see ALL OF...: My new window 11 has micro 365 and I can not see all of my pic at one time.They are in files and when I open it I just get pic # and no real pic...
  6. old computer had all my pics to see now window 11 has all in file and I can not see ALL OF...

old computer had all my pics to see now window 11 has all in file and I can not see ALL OF...: My new window 11 has micro 365 and I can not see all of my pic at one time.They are in files and when I open it I just get pic # and no real pic...
  7. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  8. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  9. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  10. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476