Windows 10: Windows 10 on SSD Hard Freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 on SSD Hard Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and added in a SSD drive to my build but for some reason my computer keeps randomly hard freezing (have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DevinAfshari, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 on SSD Hard Freezing

Hey there,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and added in a SSD drive to my build but for some reason my computer keeps randomly hard freezing (have had it freeze while doing several different things) to the point were I have to hard reboot. I have tried several solutions like running Memtest 86+ for 18 hours (with five passes), disk defrag, re formatting, updating my BIOS, re-downloading drivers for my graphics, and others. Is there anyone here that can help me troubleshoot?

:)

DevinAfshari, Aug 1, 2016
  2. KasparsZe Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary AFTER newest update

I was installed clean windows on my alienware laptop ssd with latest update still got the freeze issue, after couple minutes its freez hard. Need to hard reset

alienware 17

nvidia gtx 770 3gb

sad 64gb

1.5TB hard drive

KasparsZe, Aug 1, 2016
  3. jk_2016 Win User
    Windows 10 freezes, Disk usage 100%

After numerous attempts to upgrade to windows 10 I finally found out why It kept freezing in the middle of something or if I just left it alone. By pure chance. I was fed up with upgrading on my SSD card so instead I updated to a cloned ssd running win
    7 64 bit on a normal HDD. I Have been running windows 10 upgrade for 2 weeks now with all my original programs and have also done the November update IT RUNS FINE ON A NORMALL HDD IT DONT LIKE MY CRUCIAL SSD. Even after I contacted crucial who suggested doing
    a firmware update it still freezes. I have tried turning things off in bios, a clean install IT STILL FREEZES. Run windows 7 on it runs fine. My only conclusion is the driver 10.0.10586 has a bug.

Running in ide or ahci makes no difference

Turning power management off no difference

Turning bios off no difference.

Seems a pity the SSD doesn't work with windows 10 so for now I will stick to HDD Hitachi 1TB.

As the 10.0.10586 driver runs the AHCI controller , IDE controller, ETC unless I can find an updated driver for windows 10 ?. Asus site has no driver for chipset for 10 only win 7.

UPDATE

well I never? did the Microsoft November update on my hard drive and after talking to crucial about the SSD decided to wipe it clean and also ran disk sanitizer (software package supplied on line to wipe the disk and reset it).

Using Acronis I cloned the hard drive to the ssd and so far no freezes. I suggest anyone who updates to SSD does the upgrade on hard disk first then clone it. All the threads about this subject I have read made the issue worse. Perhaps upgrading on OS on
    ssd caused bad blocks?

Two I will agree with is power settings to NEVER let hard disk go to sleep.

Make sure you run AHCI not IDE (recommended by crucial)

And clean the drive before you use it, Random freezes are usually caused by bad blocks on the SSD which don't show on the drive status as if it did I would have known a lot sooner. As soon as I explained the 100% disk and freezing of screen not mouse to
    crucial they said it was a bad block being written too.

Touch wood it has been running for 8 hours continuous and no freezes. SSD drive refresh or November Update who

knows. Just glad it works and with all my old software running as well.

HAPPY...........................

jk_2016, Aug 1, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 on SSD Hard Freezing

This site does not support counterfeit installation which yours appears to be

Forum rules

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified on your system. A counterfeit installation may contain modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways. For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.

Please install a genuine copy of Windows and activate it.

If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you once this install is confirmed .

We fully realize that everyone with an illegal installation is not always aware of this. Some have shops who work on their computer or who reinstall windows for them only to find out when they come here that it is illegal. They paid for a legal copy, but wound up with a counterfeit one. The ones who bought from eBay, (or other online sources or were ripped off).

We are always prepared to work with users once they are fully legal

You may also report this type of thing to Microsoft who have been known to assist victims in the past

Ztruker, Aug 1, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 on SSD Hard Freezing

1. Windows 10 on SSD Hard Freezing - Similar Threads - SSD Hard Freezing

2. NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze: So my PC has been hard freezing randomly. I checked task manager right before it completely locked up and it shows that my SSD is at 100% usage with 0 transfer rate. This causes a hard freeze about 98% of the time and results in a BSOD MAYBE 2% of the time. I have tried so...
  3. NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze: So my PC has been hard freezing randomly. I checked task manager right before it completely locked up and it shows that my SSD is at 100% usage with 0 transfer rate. This causes a hard freeze about 98% of the time and results in a BSOD MAYBE 2% of the time. I have tried so...
  4. SSD Hard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD Hard: i bought my SSD Hard one month ago and its name is : " TwinMos " ..... at first when i turn on by button power my laptop ... it opens in 6 or 8 seconds but now its effiency reduced ... now my lap opens in 15 seconds .... are there any reqired updates for this driver in...
  5. Inconsistent hard freeze, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inconsistent hard freeze, Windows 10: Hello. I've had this problem for a while now. It was even happening before I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It seems that it happens almost every time I play video games. It hard freezes, the only thing I can do is hold down the power button and restart it. I ran...
  6. BSODs/Hard freezes after installing SSD

BSODs/Hard freezes after installing SSD: I get a blue screen after some time in a game without the samsung firmware installed. When I have the firmware installed, the screen freezes, then the sound some itme after. I know for a facts the SSD isn't faulte becouse I've already returned it once & still can't get it...
  7. ssd freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd freezing: so basically I'm having an issue here like my laptop starts to freeze and lag and hold when i open tabs on a browser or run any sort of program idk whats the problem i tried downloading the link power management but it still is not helping and also sometimes when i unplug its...
  8. Windows 10 Hard Freezing

Windows 10 Hard Freezing: Hi all, fresh ex Mac newbie here. I've just built my own system and without going into too much detail right now, I've encountered a problem that's making this experience a disappointing experience. I can run any and all programs without any problems, pushing capabilities...
  9. Windows 10 Freezing - SSD scans

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Freezing - SSD scans: I have been getting issues with windows 10 and freezing. Everything would freeze up but my mouse stills moves around. I have read a bunch of posts with possible fixes, and done a handful of things to try fix it. My PC froze again last night after all my attempts, and I...
  10. Win10 with new SSD freezing hard sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 with new SSD freezing hard sometimes: I decided to upgrade my computer with a SSD (Samsung 850 Evo 250GB) to speed things up a bit. I did this when I upgraded from win7 to win10. I wanted my computer clean and "new" which meant that after the initial upgrade I removed everything from the old hardware and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. top deep freeze software for ssd hard disk windown 64 bit