Windows 10: Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10

Discus and support Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10 How to Clear Information from your Live Tiles in Windows 10 [img] Information A tile is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10

How to: Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10

How to Clear Information from your Live Tiles in Windows 10

Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information A tile is a modern app’s representation on the Start menu in Windows 10, and can be either static or live.

A static tile displays the default content, which is generally just a full-tile logo image for the app.

Live tiles can show updates from your friends, new email, app notifications, and the next appointment on your calendar at a glance, even without opening an app. And because everyone who uses the PC can sign in with their own Microsoft account, each person can personalize their own tiles, colors, and backgrounds.

For more information about live tiles, see: Guidelines for tiles and badges - Windows app development

Sometimes your live tiles may continue to display old information, even after it has been deleted. For example, the Photos app's live tile still displaying images you deleted from your Pictures library.

This tutorial will show you how to clear information from live tiles for all your modern Store apps pinned to your Start menu to refresh the tiles in Windows 10.

Note After you clear information from live tiles, it will take a little bit before they start automatically showing information again.

EXAMPLE: Live Tiles on Start Menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for how you would like to open Taskbar and Start Menu Properties.

2. Open the step 4 below.

3. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, click/tap on Properties, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Start Menu tab, click/tap on the Clear button, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 30, 2015

2. Linking external e mail accounts to the Mail tile in Window's 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to delete and existing account that is added in Mail Tile App.

• Open the Mail Tile App.
    • Click on the Gear icon in the left bottom corner.
    • Select “Accounts” from the list.
    • Select the Account which needs to be deleted and click on “Delete”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Live tiles not working Windows 10

I tried your suggestions, but when I got to the 'Apps & Features' list, none of my tiles were listed.

Thank-you for trying to help.

DorothyFabi, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Tiles - Clear Information from in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Tiles Clear Information

2. Windows 10 Tiles!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Tiles!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,In my Start Menu Disney+ tile's picture is not showing and I don't want to Install Disney+ app, so I want to fix it. Help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-tiles/c6154fd2-ec63-4255-b18f-adccf07ecf2f
  3. how to clear cookies from windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to clear cookies from windows 10: need directions to clear cookies from windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-cookies-from-windows-10/5aef3df2-3add-42c1-b5da-dc0eacfe6f6e
  4. Windows 10 Tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Tiles: [ATTACH] My tiles always end up like this daily on my Thinkpad and I have to drag and fix them. Any fix for this? https://preview.redd.it/3mrcl57uw2r41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=0657c4f0b1d671ac1c7ec8f332df574d56262277 submitted by /u/uchiraq [link]...
  5. Clear 'Live Tiles' using a script or Command..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear 'Live Tiles' using a script or Command..?: Does anyone know how to clear ALL the Live Tiles from the Windows 10 Start Menu using a script or by editing a file/files? Have tried a number of Registry Edits, adding and deleting keys, but to no avail... The goal is to have a Start Menu with no extra space to the right...
  6. Windows 10 tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 tiles: Good morning, is anyone else having this problem, every time I press the start button and the tiles open I have 2 tiles that I have to open twice only 2 the Weather tile and the news tile when i open either of those the first time they close the second time they stay open...
  7. Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10: How to: Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 How to Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 Starting with activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or other activities, either on your PC or your phone. To resume your...
  8. Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10: How to: Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information The pinned to your Start screen cache the data that flips across them. Sometimes when you delete something, the cached version will still show up on the live tile of an app. Clearing the live tile...
  9. Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10 A tile is an apps representation on the Start menu in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. A static tile...
  10. Clear Personal Data and Information from Cortana

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Personal Data and Information from Cortana: How to: Clear Personal Data and Information from Cortana How to Clear Your Personal Data and Info from Cortana Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...