Windows 10: Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive

Discus and support Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good Day everyone, This is driving me crazy. I have an old,but new to me HP PC. I decided to buy a 3TB 49877 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EBNUNO, May 10, 2016.

1. EBNUNO Win User

Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive

Good Day everyone,

This is driving me crazy. I have an old,but new to me HP PC. I decided to buy a 3TB

:)

EBNUNO, May 10, 2016

2. Max disk size for Windows 10

I know this doesn't answer your question about Windows 10, because I do not know.

However, the problem you're running into with your Windows 7 machine, and the 2TB limit, and the "wasted" 1TB on your 3TB drive.

I had this problem when I cloned a 2TB drive to a 3TB drive, and found 2TB (2047.9GB actual) in use, and 1TB wasted (746.52 GB actual) .

My HD was Seagate and the solution was Seagate's Disc Wizard. Information about this can be found at: Support for Disk Drives Beyond 2.2 TeraBytes (TB) and 4K Advanced Format Sectors | Seagate Support

With a youtube video at:

The Disc Wizard didn't allow me to have a 3TB partition, but did allow my computer to access the 746GB as another drive letter.

If you have another manufacturer for your hard drive, perhaps they have a similar hard drive manager.

Dan - 80010, May 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 deleted partition - What I found out

I tired to update from Windows 10 build 10586 to Windows 10 build 14393 a few weeks ago and my HDD(a 3TB HDD) got wiped. Windows10 wiped the partition. Investigating what happened I found out the 2TB of a 3TB HDD was gone. I have not been able to find the
    2TB partition or recovery any file. The 3TB HDD only showed a 100MB recovery drive and 786GB of unallocated space because the HDD started out as a Windows 7 HDD. Using Mini Tool Partition Wizard I discovered 7 boot partitions 3MB in size, a 250 GB partition,
    and a 100 MB partition, all which were not visible using Drive Management under Windows 10. I attached this 3TB HDD using an enclosure to another Windows 10 computer. Basically Windows 10 turned this 3TB HDD to a 746GB HDD. The 2TB partition is not recoverable.
    So Windows 10 cost my not only the software I lost but 2TB of HDD space. Now I have to add that I have a Laptop and another computer that started out as Windows 7 that I have very little or no problem with Windows 10 or the updates but neither of these computer
    contain alot of additional software like the one Windows 10 killed the HDD on. I turned the unallocated drive to a logical drive and assigned it a letter and then it showed 273 GB of used space. I then looked a this partition using the Mini Tool software and
    it showed files, so I turned the logical drive into a primary where I was able to check the files in windows explorer. My point is I was able to recover files. This is what happened to me.

MCpbll_725, May 10, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive

1. Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive - Similar Threads - sees 746gb 3tb

2. External 3TB Drive broken?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External 3TB Drive broken?: Yesterday I received an external 3TB drive from a friend of mine. It worked perfectly after I formatted it. Just this morning, after restarting my computer( for an update), it wouldn't open. Whenever I try to do anything with it, it gives me this error. As I said, it worked...
  3. New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB: I bought the Seagate barracuda 3TB and it shows as 746GB on my another computer with Windows Vista SP2 32-bit in GPT mode. I have asked this problem at Seagate forum and the one guy who replied didn't know how to solve it. I am using the 3TB Seagate drive in my Rosewill...
  4. New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB

in Windows 10 Support
    New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB: I bought the Seagate barracuda 3TB and it shows as 746GB on my another computer with Windows Vista SP2 32-bit in GPT mode. I have asked this problem at Seagate forum and the one guy who replied didn't know how to solve it. I am using the 3TB Seagate drive in my Rosewill...
  5. 3tb drive works in win7, win 10 no.

3tb drive works in win7, win 10 no.: I have this drive working fine in win7 on the same PC. I formatted it as GPT, and win7 sees the entire 3tb space and is usable. I copied many gb of video files onto the drive. I boot win10 with this drive, it does not appear in file manager. disk management shows the...
  6. New PC Windows on Single 3TB Hard Drive, Seen as 746GB

New PC Windows on Single 3TB Hard Drive, Seen as 746GB: Hi, I recently acquired a second-hand PC that had everything working fine but lacked a hard drive. I bought a 3TB HDD and installed it. Afterwards, I installed Windows 7 (because I had a key for it), and then I upgraded to Windows 10 because I prefer it. I noticed as...
  7. 3tb hard drive that has 746gb unallocated how can i fix?

3tb hard drive that has 746gb unallocated how can i fix?: ok i got a 3tb hard drive that has 746gb unallocated and computer management wont let me do nothing with it. i dont care what i got to do with this drive i just want access to the full size of the drive. can someone please help me out on how i might get this done? 104457
  8. Why is only 2TB of my new 3TB drive showing up ?

Why is only 2TB of my new 3TB drive showing up ?: I bought a 3 TB drive today, to replace my, existing 1 TB drive which was 95% full. This is my "D" drive and is data only, no OS on it. Its actually all my WEB server data, for IIS. My plan was to use Paragon Hard Disk manager and clone my existing 1 TB, D drive to the new...
  9. Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive

Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive: Good Day everyone, This is driving me crazy. I have an old,but new to me HP PC. I decided to buy a 3TB drive to add as a secondary drive. Just my luck only 746gb show. I tried everything but all i can find on google is for intel chipsets. When attempting to run the driver...
  10. Installing Windows 10 Pro X64 on 3TB Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Pro X64 on 3TB Hard Drive: I recently purchased a internal 3.5 inch SATA Seagate 3TB Hard Drive from Amazon as it caught my eye because it was on sale. *chuckle I'm trying to install Windows 10 64 bit, and my problem is that my desktop, a Dell OptiPlex 3010, is only seeing 2.7 TB (2,794GB under...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 only seeing 746gb of 3tb

2. windows 10 3tb only 765