Windows 10: Windows 10 optimization

Discus and support Windows 10 optimization in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not having any notable issues, but I have a question for a little bit more experienced users. I've recently upgraded ram from 2 GB to 16 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Joredon, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Joredon Win User

Windows 10 optimization

Hi, I'm not having any notable issues, but I have a question for a little bit more experienced users.

I've recently upgraded ram from 2 GB to 16 GB and installed a ssd which is awesome, but I don't have the best CPU in the world. So, I was wondering is there anyway I can take less strain on my CPU by fully taking advantage of my new upgrades. I'm not new to tweaking I'm just looking for anything that'll help.

Thanks *Smile

:)

Joredon, Apr 16, 2016

2. Drives

I am trying to defrag and optimize and there were four drives to optimize. Three optimized, but when trying to optimize the drive in question, it would not. It had been optimized 96 days earlier. I am using Windows 10.

BillFulmer, Apr 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 System Drive will not defrag

Windows 10 system drive needs to be optimized but it will not optimize. it stats at 100% defragmentation

FSG Achilles 7x, Apr 16, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 optimization

Not really. Upgrading ram and ssu is a bit like a sprinter in a race. He might get away from blocks quickly, but if he does not have the basic speed (cpu), he will always lose the race.

Obviously you can make sure you only start up programs you need, don't try and run too many apps simultaneously etc, experiment with browsers etc, but fundamentally not much you can do.

You might be able to overclock the cpu but no idea how to do this?

cereberus, Apr 16, 2016
  5. Joredon Win User
    Alright, thanks. And I rather not overclock without a better cooling system.

Joredon, Apr 16, 2016
  6. msny Win User
    This depends on the programs your running on a daily basis.

If a program, like a game for instance, needs a fast CPU to load data into RAM
    then upgrading the CPU is your best bet. Any graphics related programs will
    also too, like Photoshop. These need brute power to work fast and efficiently.

However most day to day activities, well no.
    Windows "learns" what you run, and starts to cache data in memory in order
    to speed up program loading. If your basically web surfing, doing lite video
    then no.

What CPU do you have and full system specs?

IMHO upgrading a CPU would be my LAST upgrade. You have done what is best so far.

7. TairikuOkami, Apr 16, 2016
  8. Joredon Win User

Windows 10 optimization

I have an AMD Quad-Core E2-6110 1.5GHz which i believe is integrated.

Windows 10 Home x64
    AMD Quad-Core E2-6110 1.5GHz
    16 GB DDR3 ram
    500GB Samsung SSD
    AMD Radeon R2 Graphics (which is definately integrated)

Joredon, Apr 21, 2016
  9. Joredon Win User
    Seems like a nifty prog. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Joredon, Apr 21, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Joredon, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, here are some additional items in the tutorial below you could do to help optimize Windows 10.

Optimize Performance of Windows 10

Brink, Apr 21, 2016
  11. prikker Win User
    And never delete prefetch files. And don't use a registry cleaner, but defrag it.

prikker, Apr 21, 2016
  12. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Why not use a registry cleaner but defrag it ??

Sounds like don't delete obsolete files, just defrag that drive to me.....

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 21, 2016
  13. prikker Win User

Windows 10 optimization

prikker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 optimization

1. Windows 10 optimization - Similar Threads - optimization

2. disk optimizer has greyed out analyze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk optimizer has greyed out analyze: i am wondering if this is a new thing for windows as i know previous versions prior to windows 10 not noticing this in windows 11 home in the disk optimizer the analyze option is greyed out and has been nice thing to have to determine if you need to defrag or not minus large...
  3. disk optimizer has greyed out analyze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk optimizer has greyed out analyze: i am wondering if this is a new thing for windows as i know previous versions prior to windows 10 not noticing this in windows 11 home in the disk optimizer the analyze option is greyed out and has been nice thing to have to determine if you need to defrag or not minus large...
  4. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  5. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  6. Struggling to use internet after using OMEN gaming hub Optimizer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Struggling to use internet after using OMEN gaming hub Optimizer.: Hello. I recently purchased a new pc, and I decided to install Omen gaming hub on it as I used it on my laptop which was an Hp laptop, and I really liked how easy and effective it was to use. I've tried ccleaner, but I didn't like it, and preferred to use Omen hub as it was...
  7. Struggling to use internet after using OMEN gaming hub Optimizer.

Struggling to use internet after using OMEN gaming hub Optimizer.: Hello. I recently purchased a new pc, and I decided to install Omen gaming hub on it as I used it on my laptop which was an Hp laptop, and I really liked how easy and effective it was to use. I've tried ccleaner, but I didn't like it, and preferred to use Omen hub as it was...
  8. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  9. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  10. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Customization