Windows 10: Windows 10 Optional Updates not downloading/showing

Discus and support Windows 10 Optional Updates not downloading/showing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [img] I've been facing this issue lately on this new OS. Previously on W7 & W8 the updates categorized into 2 column (Important & Optional) where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by samjo511, Oct 1, 2015.

1. samjo511 Win User

Windows 10 Optional Updates not downloading/showing

Windows 10 Optional Updates not downloading/showing [​IMG]

I've been facing this issue lately on this new OS.
    Previously on W7 & W8 the updates categorized into 2 column (Important & Optional) where we can select the updates individually and download/install. This way I can get some optional drivers for memory card, printers & etc.

I couldn't find this option in W10. I choose to ignore it but my antivirus keep notifying me that optional downloads are available. I did click the "Run System Updates" but it navigates to System > Update & Security > Message and shows "System is up to date".

Sometimes it only updates the critical updates. The rest (Recommended & Optional) ignored/not notified on windows updates.
    Anyone facing this issue? Able to solve? Please help.

:)

samjo511, Oct 1, 2015

2. Problem downloading the app (Optional updates) via Nokia Suite V3.5.34

Hi Sixmabone3,

I have found Nokia Suite to be a bit hit and miss for me lately too. Much in the way of trying to update firmware, so instead I use Nokia Software Updater. Sounds like there isn't a problem with your computer, as you are still able to update applications
    via the Nokia Store, therefore they may be problems with Nokia Suite itself. I suggest checking SW Update on the phone itself to see if the updates are available via that method.

adrianhughesNSD, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Problem downloading the app (Optional updates) via Nokia Suite V3.5.34

I have updated my N8 to Belle Refresh. Now I want to install the optional updates (Calendar, Nokia Store, Social and Search widget) via Nokia Suite version 3.5.34. When I click install in Nokia Suite, the installation process begins then almost immediately,
    the Suite says: "There was a problem with downloading the app". I am able to download apps from the Store via the Nokia Suite, but these updates just won't budge.

What's wrong?

Sixmabone3, Oct 1, 2015
  4. axysjr Win User

Having this same concern. I too am using ESET Smart Sec. I just wish the Windows update was the same back then in windows 7 where you can see recommended/optional updates for drivers.

axysjr, Oct 5, 2015
  5. xbmcnut Win User
    Anyone resolve this as I have the same issue? Eset 9 advised of a whole host of optional drivers updates but Windows update says I'm up-to-date and I can't find the optional updates anywhere unlike W7/8.

xbmcnut, Apr 14, 2016
  6. I'm pretty sure no one on this forum can help. I posted about this exact issue a couple of weeks ago and the only response I got advised me to use a third party tool, which is hardly ideal. Think I might just go and use the technet forums instead.

pantsdetector, Apr 23, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Just go to the maker of your laptop or desktop and check for updates their. If you are having no problems with your Windows 10 then I don't see why you would want to look for drivers anyhow. Installing a driver which windows is reporting as the latest could affect how your OS runs. Also could cause serious problems. But that's your choice. *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Optional Updates not downloading/showing - Similar Threads - Optional Updates downloading

2. Download / Get option not showing in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download / Get option not showing in Microsoft Store: I installed an application telegram Desktop, which I had downloaded from the Microsoft store and uninstalled it . Now I am not able see the get/download option in the store. It says that I already own the app ....
  3. Download / Get option not showing in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download / Get option not showing in Microsoft Store: I installed an application telegram Desktop, which I had downloaded from the Microsoft store and uninstalled it . Now I am not able see the get/download option in the store. It says that I already own the app ....
  4. Telegram download option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Telegram download option not showing: first of all I download telegram nd then uninstalled then I download telegram not showing download option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telegram-download-option-not-showing/a877891d-b02e-4939-b3f0-704b0e852566
  5. Telegram download option not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Telegram download option not showing: first of all I download telegram nd then uninstalled then I download telegram not showing download option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telegram-download-option-not-showing/a877891d-b02e-4939-b3f0-704b0e852566
  6. windows 10 optional update won't download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 optional update won't download: in the optional updates menu there is an update called "Android - Net - 3/30/2016 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1" when i click the checkbox and click install now it looks like it worked and it says windows is up to date, but when i click on "look for updates", the same update shows...
  7. RSAT downloaded but doesn't show up to download in optional features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RSAT downloaded but doesn't show up to download in optional features: Hi, I downloaded RSAT with the Powershell runned as administrator and it says "staged" so it is downloaded. But when I go to optional features in settings and I click add features and type in "RSAT" nothing shows up and when I look in already downloaded features it isn't...
  8. Feature update to windows 10 1909 is not showing the option to download and install via...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to windows 10 1909 is not showing the option to download and install via...: Feature update to windows 10 1909 is not showing the option to download and install via windows update Only receiving the windows 10 2004 feature. My Desktop is currently Windows 10 Pro 1903...
  9. Download option is not showing in windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download option is not showing in windows store: Hey, i am trying to download some apps and games from windows store for free.But there is no downloading option in my store even i already signed in.and showing me that "This app or game is not compatible with device".Please help me to download any apps or game from...
  10. How to download Optional Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to download Optional Updates?: The Update Troubleshooter detects that I have these optional updates These updates are in the "optional updates" section on Windows 8.1/8/7 [img] but then I have no way of updating them because the native Windows Update doesn't allow me to choose the updates that I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update not showing optional updates