Windows 10: Windows 10 or Andriod?

Discus and support Windows 10 or Andriod? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm a little confused about Windows 10 (Pro). When I first started my new computer, it looked like android with apps (titles), but I didn't like that,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timlab55, Feb 4, 2017.

1. timlab55 Win User

Windows 10 or Andriod?

I'm a little confused about Windows 10 (Pro). When I first started my new computer, it looked like android with apps (titles), but I didn't like that, so now my computers runs and looks like Windows 7 (Pro). Lately, I've been playing a game that runs on Android only, and using BlueStacks. However, BlueStacks sometimes crashes and I lose the game. I have lots of memory and ram going on. So my first question is, is Windows 10 "Dos" based or Andriod?

Thanks

:)

timlab55, Feb 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Feb 4, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Feb 4, 2017
  4. Windows 10 or Andriod?

No, neither Android nor latest Windows has nothing to do with DOS.

Your problem is Bluestacks. It's slow and unstable.

Instead try AMIDuOS or GenyMotion with Oracle VirtualBox.

Both solutions are really fast and stable. I use them all the time.

slicendice, Feb 4, 2017
  5. timlab55 Win User
    Thank you slicendice. So I took your advice and downloaded and installed Oracle VirtualBox. Installed it. Now my next question (as I have never used this), is how do I go to Google (play store) and load in my game that I play?

timlab55, Feb 4, 2017
  6. Follow all the instructions step by step in GenyMotion UserGuides. You have to do some steps before you get Android up and running.

slicendice, Feb 4, 2017
  7. PJLLB Win User
    I tried AMIDuOS and it keeps crashing my PC. Any thoughts?

PJLLB, Feb 6, 2017
  8. timlab55 Win User

Windows 10 or Andriod?

Would love to use VB, however, there are NO steps on how to go from point A (installing VB (which I found), to getting my android game to play. I would love to use VB.

THanks
    *Sad

timlab55, Feb 6, 2017
  9. For Both AmiDuOS, you need to disable Windows Hypervisor.

Here is how to do that:

• Open Command Prompt as Administrator (make sure it is launched as Admin or it won't work)
      • Open START
      • Type CMD
      • Right Click CMD
      • Click Run As Administrator
      • Click YES when asked "Do you want to allow this application to make changes to your computer"
    • Type bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
    • Hit Enter
    • Reboot computer

See attached screenshot for more detailed steps:

Windows 10 or Andriod? [​IMG]

Now try AmiDuOS, it should work without crashing.

slicendice, Feb 6, 2017
  10. PJLLB Win User
    slicendice, Thanks, this worked. Not impressed with the product however. IMHO Bluestacks works better for what I need.

PJLLB, Feb 7, 2017
  11. You're welcome!
    I don't see how slow Bluestacks emulator can be any better than any of the real virtualization solutions out there.

I have tried them all, and Bluestacks was the first one to go in the BIN for me. Genymotion and AmiDuOS has been the only ones really worthwhile. Now that MS got Android to work fast too in the Visual Studio Emulators/VMs that is an alternative too.

Care to explain why AmiDuOS does not suit your needs??

slicendice, Feb 7, 2017
  12. PJLLB Win User
    It was never stable. Several of my apps did not work well in it (note ably GoLauncher). The graphics/fonts were way small (I have a 4K monitor set at 3840x2160). The networking was flakey -- sometimes it thought I only had WiFi and sometimes WiFi and Ethernet (the host machine is Ethernet only). And there was no bridging to the LAN (no network discovery), only to the WAN, even thought it reported the correct host IP in the LAN subnet. There were a few other things. But I had been having a crash issue with BlueStacks, just like AmiDuOS, and your solution worked for BlueStacks too. Again, thanks.

PJLLB, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 or Andriod?

1. Windows 10 or Andriod? - Similar Threads - Andriod

2. "Save as" image invalid size 0 from Windows phone companion from Andriod phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Save as" image invalid size 0 from Windows phone companion from Andriod phone: Hi,I use Windows phone companion to "save as" a photo right click the image and select save as.The image always size 0. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-image-invalid-size-0-from-windows-phone/28f9882d-1177-4905-9f10-593bf9eb275d
  3. "Save as" image invalid size 0 from Windows phone companion from Andriod phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Save as" image invalid size 0 from Windows phone companion from Andriod phone: Hi,I use Windows phone companion to "save as" a photo right click the image and select save as.The image always size 0. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-image-invalid-size-0-from-windows-phone/28f9882d-1177-4905-9f10-593bf9eb275d
  4. Amazon Andriod App store not working on Windows 11 Dev Channel Hyper-V Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amazon Andriod App store not working on Windows 11 Dev Channel Hyper-V Virtual Machine: I am running a Windows 11 Dev Channel Preview Build virtual machine using Hyper-V on a Windows 10 Pro host computer. I want to try out the amazon apps for android apps on Windows 11, but the Microsoft Store is saying that it is not compatible with my machine. I've checked all...
  5. Amazon Andriod App store not working on Windows 11 Dev Channel Hyper-V Virtual Machine

Amazon Andriod App store not working on Windows 11 Dev Channel Hyper-V Virtual Machine: I am running a Windows 11 Dev Channel Preview Build virtual machine using Hyper-V on a Windows 10 Pro host computer. I want to try out the amazon apps for android apps on Windows 11, but the Microsoft Store is saying that it is not compatible with my machine. I've checked all...
  6. VirtualBox Failure when launching Andriod 9.0 Pie

VirtualBox Failure when launching Andriod 9.0 Pie: I ran into a error with Virtualbox 6.1.22 when starting an Android emulator.If you can not see the page, the error code is : Failed to get device handle and/or partition ID for 000000000134ddb0 hPartitionDevice=0000000000000d3d, Last=0xc0000002/1...
  7. Backup Settings like Andriod

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Settings like Andriod: I have several Andriod devices. I can save all the settings for apps etc and restore after a complete reset or even to a new device. Not files etc; I backup these via other software on multiple disks. Is this facility available in Windows 10. I can see that I can backup...
  8. how do I take safe mode off my andriod televition

how do I take safe mode off my andriod televition: how do I take safe mode off my android television https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-safe-mode-off-my-andriod-televition/f0ed0c63-f9c9-4e95-88a4-fc2a734953ba
  9. Do not update to latest version of Twitter for Andriod until fixed

in Windows 10 News
    Do not update to latest version of Twitter for Andriod until fixed: Were investigating a problem with the latest version of our Android app that causes it to crash immediately once its opened. If you use Twitter for Android, we suggest not updating it until we let you know it's fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience! Tweet — Twitter API (@user)...
  10. Not able to project my Andriod phone screen on Windows 10 using "Connect" App

Not able to project my Andriod phone screen on Windows 10 using "Connect" App: Hello, Im having issues projecting my android screen to my windows 10 laptop. I open the connect app on my laptop, but my android devices are unable to see my computer via the cast option on Android. Im usually pretty tech savvy but this one has me stumped. I am unsure if...