Windows 10: Windows 10 OS already in use

Discus and support Windows 10 OS already in use in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I wanted to install a different operating system for experimentation, would that overwrite the Windows 10 OS already in use, meaning I couldn't go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr Ed, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Windows 10 OS already in use

If I wanted to install a different operating system for experimentation, would that overwrite the Windows 10 OS already in use, meaning I couldn't go back to it, or would W10 remain on the HDD in another partition and can be safely retrieved? Thanks .

:)

Mr Ed, Jun 30, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 OS already in use - Similar Threads - already

2. After my windows 11 update on HP envy 360m my touch pad is not working. Drivers are already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After my windows 11 update on HP envy 360m my touch pad is not working. Drivers are already...: After my windows 11 update on HP envy 360m my touch pad is not working. Drivers are already updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-my-windows-11-update-on-hp-envy-360m-my/aea81d5b-c9e7-47f1-90a9-fdfc8f1db27f
  3. After my windows 11 update on HP envy 360m my touch pad is not working. Drivers are already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After my windows 11 update on HP envy 360m my touch pad is not working. Drivers are already...: After my windows 11 update on HP envy 360m my touch pad is not working. Drivers are already updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-my-windows-11-update-on-hp-envy-360m-my/aea81d5b-c9e7-47f1-90a9-fdfc8f1db27f
  4. this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...: Started randomly to appear. I receive this message - this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already is installed, create an association in the default apps settings page when i try to open folder in my documents folder, or when i try...
  5. this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...

this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...: Started randomly to appear. I receive this message - this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already is installed, create an association in the default apps settings page when i try to open folder in my documents folder, or when i try...
  6. [SC] StartService: Failure 1056: A copy of this service is already running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SC] StartService: Failure 1056: A copy of this service is already running.: After upgrading my Windows 10 to 11, whenever I boot up my laptop, approximately 1 minute later, three cmd windows briefly pop up with this message. I was only able to catch them after recording the screen. I spent the whole day with Microsoft support, only for the...
  7. [SC] StartService: Failure 1056: A copy of this service is already running.

[SC] StartService: Failure 1056: A copy of this service is already running.: After upgrading my Windows 10 to 11, whenever I boot up my laptop, approximately 1 minute later, three cmd windows briefly pop up with this message. I was only able to catch them after recording the screen. I spent the whole day with Microsoft support, only for the...
  8. My account got hacked. I tried the recovery forms already - please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account got hacked. I tried the recovery forms already - please help: It changed the email address to something ending in mcmfa on my desktop and it says my normal account cannot be accessed, that it doesn't exist. I tried going through the recovery forms but they don't recognize the account when i try to recover. My normal account address is...
  9. My account got hacked. I tried the recovery forms already - please help

My account got hacked. I tried the recovery forms already - please help: It changed the email address to something ending in mcmfa on my desktop and it says my normal account cannot be accessed, that it doesn't exist. I tried going through the recovery forms but they don't recognize the account when i try to recover. My normal account address is...
  10. What happens when I log in to a Microsoft account which already has a Windows 11 Pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens when I log in to a Microsoft account which already has a Windows 11 Pro...: What happens when I log in to a Microsoft account which already has a Windows 11 Pro digital key on a PC that already has a Windows 11 Home key with digital key support?Will the Windows 11 Home license override the Windows 11 Pro license or vice versa? Or will the Microsoft...