Windows 10: Windows 10 painfully slow

Discus and support Windows 10 painfully slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My old HP laptop running Windows 7 Pro crashed on me so I'm using my backup laptop a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series running Windows 10. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricRizzo727, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 painfully slow

My old HP laptop running Windows 7 Pro crashed on me so I'm using my backup laptop a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series running Windows 10. It is ridiculously slow & beyond frustrating! I don't understand how a practically "new" computer (hardly ever used) is running so much slower than my older laptop. I've done all the updates, virus scans, etc. It seems like there are hundreds of programs running in the background. This has been so frustrating, it's making me seriously consider switching to a Mac.

:)

EricRizzo727, Jul 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 - Painfully slow

Mine's the same. Painfully slow! And no, it's not at all the gradual aging of a computer. It was super fast and responsive until the moment Windows 10 went on. Now each double click just on a folder in the file explorer takes a long time to open and respond.

Windows 10 looks shiny and new, but under the hood it's so much slower than what it replaced.

Drivers have been updated too, so any other suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!

GrahamKell, Oct 14, 2018
  3. kailashXJ Win User
    downloading painfully slow

I upgrade win 8.1 to win 10 after sometime i notice that downloading painfully slow................ If there any solution..? Then please tell me...................

Thanks

kailashXJ, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Windows 10 painfully slow

Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 painfully slow

1. Windows 10 painfully slow - Similar Threads - painfully slow

2. Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install: Hello, I have a fresh x64 install of windows 11 2H23 using the latest build, I updated all of my drivers.For some reason file copies are REALLY REALLY slow! I copied 300gb of files from Drive D 4tb intel pcie U.2 drive should be getting around 4000mbps to drive C: 4tb SP...
  3. Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install: Hello, I have a fresh x64 install of windows 11 2H23 using the latest build, I updated all of my drivers.For some reason file copies are REALLY REALLY slow! I copied 300gb of files from Drive D 4tb intel pcie U.2 drive should be getting around 4000mbps to drive C: 4tb SP...
  4. Windows 11, copying files between hard drives painfully slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, copying files between hard drives painfully slow: Has anyone else experiencing extremely long times for copying one hard drive to another?I'm trying to copy all the files from a standard 3.5" hard drive to an SSD.It's almost 1TB of data but the speeds continuosly drop to less than 1MB/s when in safe mode, as running the PC...
  5. Windows 11, copying files between hard drives painfully slow

Windows 11, copying files between hard drives painfully slow: Has anyone else experiencing extremely long times for copying one hard drive to another?I'm trying to copy all the files from a standard 3.5" hard drive to an SSD.It's almost 1TB of data but the speeds continuosly drop to less than 1MB/s when in safe mode, as running the PC...
  6. Microsoft Store Updating Apps Painfully Slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Updating Apps Painfully Slow.: Hi everyone. : Hopefully someone can help me as nothing else on the internet seems to help with this problem. I've just brought a new laptop with the following specs:Intel i7 13700H CPU32GB 3200Mhz RAMIntel AX211 Wifi CardNvidia Geforce 4060 GPU2x 1TB PCI-E Solid State...
  7. Microsoft Store Updating Apps Painfully Slow.

Microsoft Store Updating Apps Painfully Slow.: Hi everyone. : Hopefully someone can help me as nothing else on the internet seems to help with this problem. I've just brought a new laptop with the following specs:Intel i7 13700H CPU32GB 3200Mhz RAMIntel AX211 Wifi CardNvidia Geforce 4060 GPU2x 1TB PCI-E Solid State...
  8. File explorer painfully slow after updating to the version with tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer painfully slow after updating to the version with tabs: When opening file explorer it will freeze saying "Working on it...", taking about 20 seconds to load.Once opened it seems to mostly load everything fine on any of my 6 drives and swapping between locations is normal.It is pretty annoying when it happens however, has anyone...
  9. File explorer painfully slow after updating to the version with tabs

File explorer painfully slow after updating to the version with tabs: When opening file explorer it will freeze saying "Working on it...", taking about 20 seconds to load.Once opened it seems to mostly load everything fine on any of my 6 drives and swapping between locations is normal.It is pretty annoying when it happens however, has anyone...
  10. Windows 11 Is Painfully Slow and often won't boot at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Is Painfully Slow and often won't boot at all: I have a Ryzen 9 16 core and 128GB of RAM and it takes Windows 11 about an hour to boot my PC on a good day. I have about 50 applications installed, minimal services, malwarebytes is the only thing always on.Windows 10 took about 5 minutes, still slow but not unusable like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 painfully slow