Windows 10: Windows 10 Password Hint

Discus and support Windows 10 Password Hint in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I reset windows 10 using the password hint?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RussellFlowers, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Password Hint

How do I reset windows 10 using the password hint?

:)

RussellFlowers, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Roan T Win User

Changing Password Hint in Windows 10

Hi,

To change your password hint, you can follow the steps below:

• Click
      Start.

• Type Control Panel on the
      Search bar and click it from the result.

• Click
      Change account type underUser
      Accounts.

• Select the user you would like to change password hint.

• Change the password hint for that user.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Password Hints

Hi Pav,

You can create a password hint by creating or changing your password from the
    Control Panel
    's User Account option or from the
    Settings

These steps are from the Control Panel:

• Type Control Panel from the Cortana search field, then click
      Control Panel from the results.
    • Select Change account type under User Accounts.
    • Choose the user you want to set the password with.
    • Create or change the password, then type the password hint just below the password fields.
    • Click the Create password button if you're creating the password for the first time, or the
      Change password button if you're only changing your password.

If you already have tried these steps, can you share with us what gone wrong? If you're receiving an error message when trying to create a password hint, let us know the exact error message as well.

Here's creating a password hint steps from the Settings:

• Press the Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    • Select Accounts, then Sign-in options from the left pane.
    • Click the Add button if you still don't have a password, or the
      Change button under the Change your account password pane.
    • Input your password or new password in the fields, then the password hint below.
    • Click Next, then Finish.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Michelle Her, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Password Hint

Changing Password Hint in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would like to inform you that is it possible to change your password hint for Windows 10. Refer to the steps provided below to change your password hint.

Step 1- On the search bar, type “Settings” then locate and click on
    “Accounts”.

Step 2- On the left navigation pane, locate and click on
    “Sign- In Options”, then click on “Password”.

Step 3- Type your current password/new password and the hint that you want to provide under
    “Password Hint”.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Password Hint

1. Windows 10 Password Hint - Similar Threads - Password Hint

2. How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password: How do you change or delete the Password Hint on the sign-in screen? The Hint is no longer helpful because my password has been changed and I there are no instructions on how to revise or delete the Hint....
  3. How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password: How do you change or delete the Password Hint on the sign-in screen? The Hint is no longer helpful because my password has been changed and I there are no instructions on how to revise or delete the Hint....
  4. My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...: I am in a big panicMy Mac book just got fixed, but I might of soft locked it! My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log in and change my hint to be gone!Do you know how i can fix it? If so can you tell me exactly how to fix...
  5. My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...

My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...: I am in a big panicMy Mac book just got fixed, but I might of soft locked it! My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log in and change my hint to be gone!Do you know how i can fix it? If so can you tell me exactly how to fix...
  6. Can I change a password hint without changing the password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change a password hint without changing the password?: I am Win 11 Pro 64 bit fully updated except for Previews.I have Full Admin rights and had set up another User Acct a daughter who lives elsewhere on my laptop.This is purely for a form of backup purpose in case her laptop is indisposed. A few weeks ago, I changed her login...
  7. Can I change a password hint without changing the password?

Can I change a password hint without changing the password?: I am Win 11 Pro 64 bit fully updated except for Previews.I have Full Admin rights and had set up another User Acct a daughter who lives elsewhere on my laptop.This is purely for a form of backup purpose in case her laptop is indisposed. A few weeks ago, I changed her login...
  8. Please Assist with password hint EdT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Assist with password hint EdT: My laptop I forgot password it gives me a hint EdT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-assist-with-password-hint-edt/ca19289e-f35f-4165-a8a4-c50faaea953e
  9. Please Assist with password hint EdT

Please Assist with password hint EdT: My laptop I forgot password it gives me a hint EdT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-assist-with-password-hint-edt/ca19289e-f35f-4165-a8a4-c50faaea953e
  10. Please Assist with password hint EdT

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. password hint windows 10

2. what is password hint on windows 10

3. windows 10 default password hint

4. windows 10 compuslory password hint,
  5. hint in windows 10,
  6. windows 10 password hint