Windows 10: Windows 10 Patch Tuesday July 2018 greatly decreased performance.

Discus and support Windows 10 Patch Tuesday July 2018 greatly decreased performance. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After restarting my computer today and the recent patch installed, my computer now takes nearly 10 minutes to boot, the explorer is lagged to the point... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Roberto2018, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Patch Tuesday July 2018 greatly decreased performance.

After restarting my computer today and the recent patch installed, my computer now takes nearly 10 minutes to boot, the explorer is lagged to the point where I click something and have to leave the computer for 5 minutes to open the settings. The task manager wont open properly to show what's actually hogging the resources, safe mode doesn't seem to be an option from the sign-in screen, and the windows defender updates that are the likely culprits wont show up in the list to be uninstalled even though it shows recently install in the update section.

Every time windows releases a new patch my computer gets screwed, several times has caused me data loss, countless hours of lost time trying to fix it, then ultimately having to do a fresh install, and is nearly impossible to prolong the forced updates from being installed in the first place.

:)

Roberto2018, Jul 11, 2018

2. Does Patch Tuesday still exist

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Which Tuesdays patch you are referring to?
    • Which patch you are referring to? Is it for Windows or phone?
    I suggest you to refer to the Windows blog for the latest news and check if it helps.

Windows Experience Blog -

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Patch Tuesday updates Windows 10

Windows 10 on Patch Tuesday released updates to every version of Windows.

Version 1703

KB4034674 for Windows 10 version 1703 jumps the build number to 15063.540. Direct links:

Version 1607

KB4034658 for Windows 10 1607 jumps the build number to 14393.1593. Direct links:

See more details:

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/08/august-microsoft-updates-all-versions.html

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Patch Tuesday July 2018 greatly decreased performance.

No patch tuesday in January?

That's weird? No Patch Tuesday this month? Yes, I did receive sóme updates (only the Windows Defender update and the mal. removal tool update and an Flash update...) but that's it for January 2018?

RingTailCoon, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Patch Tuesday July 2018 greatly decreased performance.

1. Windows 10 Patch Tuesday July 2018 greatly decreased performance. - Similar Threads - Patch Tuesday July

2. Missed Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missed Patch Tuesday: Hello, Have a question about Patch Tuesday, i can't get general answer about it and need advice. So in company for some reason was missed two month Patch Tuesday on endpoints, now need to renew it. Question is: does January Patch Tuesday contains missed month security...
  3. Patch tuesday Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Patch tuesday Windows Update: After build 22000.282, but patch tuesday, update third build windows 11 22000.278, it is correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/patch-tuesday-windows-update/a9b5e468-8d7b-483f-a3e1-a85b09fdb569
  4. Windows 10 Patch Tuesday updates will remove Flash Player in July

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Patch Tuesday updates will remove Flash Player in July: Microsoft is in the process of slowly removing Flash Player from all versions and editions of Windows 10. The optional update that removes Flash Player is available for download since February and it is showing up for users at different intervals as part of the “phased”...
  5. Is This It For July 2020 Patch Tuesday?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is This It For July 2020 Patch Tuesday?: Well another Patch Tuesday has come and gone and defrag is still broken and if you are smart I would continue to keep it turned off especially those of you with SSD's. Oh BTW I bet you are still getting those annoying and aggravating Toast Notifications that my account needs...
  6. Tomorrow (July 14, 2020) is Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Tomorrow (July 14, 2020) is Patch Tuesday: Might want to disable updates before tomorrow! I used to always apply patches the day that they were released, but seeing how Microsoft seems to break more things than they fix recently, I'm definitely delaying any updates until I understand what they break this time and how...
  7. Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Patch Tuesday: I update an old win7 system to win10 (1903) a few months ago -- all was working find (a bit slow --- old hardware) until August's (2019) patch day --- I think there were 2 update --- one failed -- KB4512508 -- and when the OS reboot -- it was a nightmare I noticed...
  8. Patch Tuesday is active

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Patch Tuesday is active: CU for most every thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/patch-tuesday-is-active/ca9a1cd7-23e1-4452-bef4-71b5f180ad0b
  9. No patch tuesday in January?

No patch tuesday in January?: That's weird? No Patch Tuesday this month? Yes, I did receive sóme updates (only the Windows Defender update and the mal. removal tool update and an Flash update...) but that's it for January 2018? 102035
  10. Patch Tuesday KB120677

Patch Tuesday KB120677: New cumulative update KB120677 No issues here. Follow this link for further information. https://support.microsoft.com/pt-pt/kb/3120677 31406