Windows 10: Windows 10 PC boots with Stopcode: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, wont boot to homescreen! Please help!

Discus and support Windows 10 PC boots with Stopcode: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, wont boot to homescreen! Please help! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. During an update, our windows 10 PC was mistakenly turned off by the on/off switch mid-update (The monitor was turned off and a family member... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AushiarnChallis, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Windows 10 PC boots with Stopcode: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, wont boot to homescreen! Please help!

Hello.
    During an update, our windows 10 PC was mistakenly turned off by the on/off switch mid-update (The monitor was turned off and a family member thought the PC was not in use and it was quite noisy so they decided to turn it off). I turned it back on and it was acting quite strange, most of the apps and software previously installed on it had vanished, so I decided maybe it was because of the mid-update turn off incident in which I decided to select the 'restart and update' option from the shut down menu. It was stuck on the 'restarting your pc' screen for the entire night, frustrated I naturally turned off the PC. I turned it on sometime after that and it booted with "Choose an option screen" whenever I click the continue to windows 10 tab it always goes to a blue screen saying "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, then we'll restart for you.
    Stopcode: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" It restarts a few times always going back to that screen and then after a while goes back to the choose an option screen.

I have tried the following options:
    1. Start up repair
    *Diagnosing pc*
    Startup repair couldn't repair your PC
    Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or "shut down" to turn off your PC.
    Log file: D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

2. Trouble shoot -> Reset this PC -> Keep my files
    There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

3. System restore
    No restore points have been created on your computer's system drive. To create a restore point open system protection.
    System protection -> System protection is avaliable only in online operating system

Go back to the previous version
    We ran into a problem and wont be able to take you back to the previous version of windows. Try resetting your PC instead (Troubleshoot > Reset this PC)

Startup settings -> Restart -> Safemode
    Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, then we'll restart for you.
    Stopcode: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

I'm not sure what to do, I've followed all the guides on how to fix these types of mishaps but nothing seems to work with this. I'd also prefer an option that does not include erasing all personal files, if possible.
    Thanks!
    -A

:)

AushiarnChallis, Jul 10, 2018

2. stopcode/critical process died

getting stopcode/critical process died and shuts down my computer .../// what is the fix?

RichG PALCKO, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Windows.com/stopcode with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED MESSAGE on boot-up

On booting up keep getting either Windows.com/stopcode message with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message or a blue screen asking which keyboard I am using - US or several other countries. Keyboard and mouse do not function when the blue screen/keyboard question
    appears and only action is to force shut down. Either case only way to shutdown computer is to press the power button.

Updated to Windows 10 8 months ago.

Have tried F10 and F11 keys on boot-up to try to resolve.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

richardkempton, Jul 10, 2018
  4. GiriRao Win User

Windows 10 PC boots with Stopcode: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, wont boot to homescreen! Please help!

critical process died, stopcode error

Recently I tried to update build 17686. But, unable to do so. while I restart my laptop it shows critical process died, stopcode error

what to do?

GiriRao, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 PC boots with Stopcode: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, wont boot to homescreen! Please help!

1. Windows 10 PC boots with Stopcode: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, wont boot to homescreen! Please help! - Similar Threads - boots Stopcode CRITICAL

2. Unable to boot - “critical process died” Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot - “critical process died” Windows 10: A few days ago I ran I to a BSOD loop of a bunch of different errors which I didn’t really document. Eventually, I did something which stopped them but now I am greeted with the same error every time I try to boot - “critical process died”. I’ve tried a bunch of things but...
  3. Windows 10 stopped booting critical process died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stopped booting critical process died: Hey all,Looking for some help from forum members. All of a sudden my windows 10 pro stopped booting and failing BSOD with 'critical process died'.I tried several things to recover to no avail:- system restore it shows 2 restore points, but just says that it fails to restore-...
  4. Windows 10 stopped booting critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stopped booting critical process died: Hey all,Looking for some help from forum members. All of a sudden my windows 10 pro stopped booting and failing BSOD with 'critical process died'.I tried several things to recover to no avail:- system restore it shows 2 restore points, but just says that it fails to restore-...
  5. Critical process died boot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Critical process died boot loop: Hi guys, i just have this bsod everytime i booted to my windows 64bit os+some ram issues that i fixed by removing 1 stick and wont even boot to safe modeI fixed the issue by booting to my 32 bit system via dualboot but still any thoughts about my problemIt boots normally...
  6. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED CANNOT BOOT

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED CANNOT BOOT: So I got this error yesterday and Ive tried EVERYTHING and nothing is working. I don't know what to do and saying all the things I tried would make this thread endless. I'm using a desktop and I have no access to the hone screen and I cannot boot into safe mode...
  7. stopcode critical process died

stopcode critical process died: After i think accidentaly unplugging my lenovo desktop i get an STOPCODE CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDafter lenovo repairing tool I tried:yes turning it on and off gave the same resultsrestoring system with Rstrui.exe /offline:C:\windows=active as instructed here ->errorboot in safe...
  8. stopcode critical process died

stopcode critical process died: After i think accidentaly unplugging my lenovo desktop i get an STOPCODE CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDafter lenovo repairing tool I tried:yes turning it on and off gave the same resultsrestoring system with Rstrui.exe /offline:C:\windows=active as instructed here ->errorboot in safe...
  9. Unable to boot - "critical process died"

Unable to boot - "critical process died": Yesterday i had a BSOD with a driver problem. It would get to the desktop and each time give a "exception not handled" BSOD a few seconds after getting to desktop. I was able to boot into safe mode fine though, so uninstalled my graphics drivers. The problem still carried on,...
  10. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED will not boot will not boot in safe mode

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED will not boot will not boot in safe mode: First off the only thing I have access to is the troubleshoot screen. Will not boot what so ever even in any safemode. The restore point cannot be used since drives are not protected to do so. I cannot command prompt a protection. Cannot even do a delete all reset on windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 boots into critical process died

2. my pc turned off and wont turn back on saying critical process died

3. windows 10 critical process died computer wont boot

4. windows 10 wont boot critical process died,
  5. critical process died. srttrail.txt,
  6. critical process died system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt