Windows 10: windows 10 phone - mail app crashing

Discus and support windows 10 phone - mail app crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Lumia 650 with W10 Mail app has started to crash as soon as I try and open any emails I can see the preview but nothing will open and I can't start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nick_edwards_consulting, Aug 1, 2018.

1. windows 10 phone - mail app crashing

My Lumia 650 with W10 Mail app has started to crash as soon as I try and open any emails

I can see the preview but nothing will open and I can't start a new email

I have uninstalled and reinstalled

Deleted the IE/Edge cashe (as suggested in MS answer - don't know why that would help) and then deleted and reinstalled

I have reduced the number of days it downloads - to reduce data traffic - but this was never a problem before 2 days ago.

verion 1709

os build 10.0.15254.490

short of resetting the phone and starting all over again has anyone any idea what is going on?

:)

nick_edwards_consulting, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Allan Mej Win User

windows 10 phone - mail app crashing

Mail App Windows 10 keep Crashing

Hi Erfan,

Applications may crash due to unknown circumstances from time to time. To troubleshoot
    Mail app crashes, we recommend trying these following methods:

Run the Windows Application Troubleshooter:

The troubleshooter detects and fixes errors within Windows Store applications
    and built-in Windows 10 apps. It's always nice to try the troubleshooter before anything else. To use the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Download the troubleshooter on this
      link
    • Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • After running the troubleshooter, restart your PC and check if your issue has been fixed.

Reset the Mail App:

Resetting or refreshing the Mail app usually resolves any issue with it. To reset the Mail app, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, search and open Apps & features.
    • Scroll down to find Mail and Calendar.
    • Select Mail and Calendar, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

Note: Resetting the Mail app will remove any account associated with it. No need to worry, logging your account back to the Mail app will resync your email account to the Mail app. No emails are deleted upon resetting/refreshing
      the Mail app/

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 phone - mail app crashing

1. windows 10 phone - mail app crashing - Similar Threads - phone mail app

2. crashing phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashing phone app: Hi,I recently updated my windows 8 to 10. I try to open the phone app to connect my phone but it will keep crashing whenever I open it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crashing-phone-app/887f1058-223c-43e8-81ac-3a6f3722890e
  3. crashing phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    crashing phone app: Hi,I recently updated my windows 8 to 10. I try to open the phone app to connect my phone but it will keep crashing whenever I open it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crashing-phone-app/887f1058-223c-43e8-81ac-3a6f3722890e
  4. crashing phone app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail

Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail: The mail app completely stopped working today, I have to open it 3 or more times before it stays open, and all mail shows for a couple of seconds before all accounts go blank. When I go into managing accounts within the app, they are not there.Any help is appreciated, I don't...
  6. Windows Mail App Crashing

Windows Mail App Crashing: I just got a brand new HP Spectre. I added my emails to the windows mail app. Then I tried to hit settings --> notifications. Every time I hit notifications the app crashes and turns off. I have restarted my computer, checked for updates and nothing works. Could this be an...
  7. The "Your Phone" App on Windows 10 crashes

The "Your Phone" App on Windows 10 crashes: I've seen this question asked in 2019 but it was locked and left unanswered. I've just installed "Your Phone" app in Windows and on my Samsung S8+, which the other user also had. The Windows app appears fine on the taskbar with notification numbers. If I right click and...
  8. Mail app crash on Windows 10

Mail app crash on Windows 10: after last update the mail wont stay open. It will open for about 3 seconds then closes ***Original Title: surface pro mail*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-crash-on-windows-10/b5992afa-e0ff-4d79-8487-b8d354d94697
  9. Mail and Calendar crashing on Windows Phone

Mail and Calendar crashing on Windows Phone: Anyone seeing the Mail and Calendar apps crashing on Windows Phone? The appears to be due to an update issued on 07 Nov. I'm using a Nokia Lumia 930 running 14393.2551, and the Mail and Calendar app is (the latest) 16006.11001.20083.0. If I try to open the Calendar or Mail...
  10. Mail and Calendar crashing on Windows Phone

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Mail and Calendar crashing on Windows Phone: Anyone seeing the Mail and Calendar apps crashing on Windows Phone? The appears to be due to an update issued on 07 Nov. I'm using a Nokia Lumia 930 running 14393.2551, and the Mail and Calendar app is (the latest) 16006.11001.20083.0. If I try to open the Calendar or Mail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone mail app crashing

2. mail app crashes in windows 10 phone

3. windows 10 mail app crashing

4. windows mail windows 10 crash,
  5. windows mail keeps crashing 2019,
  6. windows 10 email crashing,
  7. lumia email app crash,
  8. windows phone outlook app crash,
  9. windows phones email app crashea,
  10. lumia mail and calendar crash,
  11. w10m outlook mail crashes,