Windows 10: Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders

Discus and support Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there. I see various other posts of a similar nature. I'll try to explain the problem I'm having and post a screen shot to help illustrate. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by airbournepickle, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders

Hi there. I see various other posts of a similar nature. I'll try to explain the problem I'm having and post a screen shot to help illustrate.
    The issue is this. I have photos and videos on a Canon Camera which I have imported using windows 10 app: Photos, but some of the resulting folders have a folder name of a date which does NOT match the date that the images were taken.

For example, the images in the attached screen shot were taken ("date taken") on 7th Jan 2018.

the expected behavior of the APP when importing is that it will import the photos to a folder named as follows:

"2018-01-07"

However, what "photos" is doing is creating the folder with the wrong date .

eg, for some reason, it is creating a folder named

"2018-01-06"

Even though all the photos that are inside the folder have a "date taken" attribute of 7th Jan 2018.

It seems to do this with some days, and not others.

While this might seem like a minor issue, (eg 'why don't you just rename the folder?') I don't want to have to do that for the hundreds of days worth of pictures that I have. It would mean having to open each folder, then open and image and check if the issue has presented itself and then manually rename the folder to have the correct date. This would be time consuming.

Just so we are clear - this is a new computer, the system clock is fine and accurate (eg the time and date are "up to date")

Also there is nothing wrong with the camera, and the date and time on the camera are (and always have been) up to date.

Just to provide a little context - the process I'm using in windows Photos app is as follows:

1) click on Import (top right of app)

2 Choose "from USB device"

3) App askes me to choose the photos I want to import. I select all, and clicked "Import settings" first....

4) In the Import settings, I check that I have it set to "By Date" and then click "done"

5) I click on "import Selected"

6) I watch as the photos app begins to create folders, for which the naming conventions is "by date" but... as described above, it uses the wrong date to name some of the folders,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please see attached images. Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders 002cc311-d42c-42c3-922d-0099da6921d5?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders 70aaf612-0d13-4bbb-87fe-166c80b89287?upload=true.jpg

:)

airbournepickle, Jul 25, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Seeing incorrect photo dates in Photos app

Hi christopherfagan,

As a first step in investigating this further, I'd like to take a closer look at one of the files that this is happening to. Can you reply back with a screenshot of the file info? I've provided steps below for how to capture the information for us.

• Open File Explorer (Start > File Explorer)

• In the navigation bar, type “Libraries\Pictures” without the quotations.

Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders 16859234-7567-445a-9375-b3b6020791aa.png

• Search for the filename of one of the images that has the incorrect date.

• Right-click on the columns (Name, Date), and ensure that the Date, Date taken, and Date created columns are checked

Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders e54952b4-c313-4808-818c-aeba8f2a58fa.png

• Take a screenshot of the result with the Date, Date taken, and Date created columns visible. It should look like this:

Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders cf61bdb4-dbfb-45e3-be1e-882c06db94c9.png

• Also check the File Properties of the image

• Right-click the image and select Properties.

• Switch to the Details tab.

• Let us know the Date taken, Date created, and Date modified.

Adam A (Windows), Jul 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders

Windows 10 Photos App Not Displaying all Photos and Folders

I've been trying to research this issue and have tried a number of fixes. Here is the situation:

• I am using a network drive for my photos
    • "Collection" will not show all of my photos - many are missing.
    • If I go to "Folders" view:
      • Some will show only a subset of the photos.
      • Others will not show any photos at all.
      • Several folders don't show up at all (yet if I search for them in the search bar, they do)
    • If in Windows Explorer I click on any of the missing photos or folders, they all open with no issues with the photos App

I have tried a number of fixes:

• I have used the windows app troubleshooter
    • I reset the photos app
    • I have added and removed the folders in the photos app settings
    • I uninstalled and re-installed the photos app
    • I "refreshed" folders within the app
    • I changed permissions for the photos folder
      • Added SYSTEM to all sub-folders and files
    In all I have spent hours trying to get this to work - and its not. I really want to use the photos app to manage my extensive library of family photos. Any other suggestions to get this to work? Is this a known issue with Windows 10 Photos App?

Thank You!

TomPinchuk, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders

1. Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders - Similar Threads - photo app incorrect

2. Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time: I recently saw a message in the Photos app that MS was making some changes to the app. Today I launched the app and a message I had never seen before asked me if I wish to keep some data that was not being used or delete it. I clicked on 'keep it' and then tried to import...
  3. Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time: I recently saw a message in the Photos app that MS was making some changes to the app. Today I launched the app and a message I had never seen before asked me if I wish to keep some data that was not being used or delete it. I clicked on 'keep it' and then tried to import...
  4. Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10: I have downloaded thousands of pictures from Google Photos. The pictures have correct metadata in Google Photos, including "date taken", for all photos.However, in WIndows 10, the "data taken" for photos sent to me by others has been changed to the download date. The "date...
  5. Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10

Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10: I have downloaded thousands of pictures from Google Photos. The pictures have correct metadata in Google Photos, including "date taken", for all photos.However, in WIndows 10, the "data taken" for photos sent to me by others has been changed to the download date. The "date...
  6. Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format: Default date inside Win 10 photo app is backwards. Photo app Collections where all photos are shows month of May 2021 and below that 01/05 - 30/05 instead of 05/01-05/30 USA date style. PC date is correct format. How to change Photo App to correct date format?...
  8. Photos App won't import to a folder with the date anymore?

Photos App won't import to a folder with the date anymore?: Ever since a few days ago whenever I import photos within the app it won't import to a folder with the name of the folder being the date the photos were taken. Now If I want to import my photos it simply puts each individual photo onto the desktop? How Can I fix this?...
  9. Folder Incorrect Date Modified Information

Folder Incorrect Date Modified Information: Hello everyone, I have recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled on it. After copying files and folders from my old laptop and working on one of the files, I found an issue with date modified information (seems to be observed by others too). The file date...
  10. incorrect date

incorrect date: The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-date/486fc3cc-7ace-4dca-8dd7-ba03bd9c631b"