Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos App Issues.......

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos App Issues....... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know this may get moved but since it is part of Windows 10 thought I would start here. I have found hundreds of posts on many different places on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rdburke, Aug 8, 2018.

1. rdburke Win User

Windows 10 Photos App Issues.......

I know this may get moved but since it is part of Windows 10 thought I would start here. I have found hundreds of posts on many different places on the web about Win10 Photos app not showing pictures in folders and since I had not asked here I figured I would see if anyone knew if anything is being done about it? I have been an Insider for quite a few years now and have sent lots of Feedback on this issue to no avail. It just does not work and really has never for me. What is funny though is that I have tons of pics stored on my external HD and it has no trouble seeing them, but anything on the root drive is hit and miss.......mostly miss. Any help is welcomed and appreciated.

:)

rdburke, Aug 8, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 8, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Photos App Issues....... - Similar Threads - Photos App Issues

2. Issue printing with photo app in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue printing with photo app in windows 10: I'm trying to print a photo from Windows 10 phot app and it keeps cutting off the front half of the image. Tried turning paper around in printer, changed landscape and portrait, etc. Still cuts it off. Also when I tell the driver to print directly to the printer nothing...
  3. Issue printing with photo app in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue printing with photo app in windows 10: I'm trying to print a photo from Windows 10 phot app and it keeps cutting off the front half of the image. Tried turning paper around in printer, changed landscape and portrait, etc. Still cuts it off. Also when I tell the driver to print directly to the printer nothing...
  4. Photo app issue

Photo app issue: Hi guys, in my Windows 10 photo app there is no button to click t move to the next photo in my photo albums. Occasionally I will open a photo in an album and the button is there and I can scroll to the next photo but most of the time it is not there. It's really frustrating....
  5. Photos App Issue

Photos App Issue: My photos app contains thousands of random png images from my pc’s w10 hard drive. Whenever I open ‘recent’, I can see around 50-100 pngs being added every few seconds. The number has gotten up to 19,000 items before. All of these photos are coming from one program’s asset...
  6. Facing issue in windows 10 with photos app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Facing issue in windows 10 with photos app: I have windows 10 and recently I facing an issue with photos application. While opening jpeg file a thin light grey line showing the end of the photo. Suggest why this problem is there?...
  7. Issues with the Photos app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with the Photos app: the Photos app in my windows 10 program has just stopped working. i'v gone to the app store and re-downloaded it but still nothing. tried to open it straight from the store but its like its being blocked. yes, i've gone to settings and made sure its my default, but the...
  8. Windows 10 Photo App issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Photo App issue: I encountered an issue with Windows 10 Photo App because I am unable to move the pictures in the location I want. I prefer them to be grouped according to the place where they where taken rather than the time they were added to the Photo App. But when I click and drag a photo...
  9. Windows Photos App Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photos App Issue: Hi, Until recently, the Photos App on windows 10 was working fine. But today as i open my raw files, it opens with the correct orientation and then 1 second after, it rotates to landscape. It is only the portrait photos that does that. In the file explorer, they have the...
  10. issue with photo app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    issue with photo app: I have an issue with the Photos App. It keeps closing so I cannot see my photos there. The system informs me that there is a system error. I tried to reset and uninstall but it was in vain. Can you help me fix this issue?...