Windows 10: Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?

Discus and support Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there :) I have a question concerning the Microsoft-Photos App for Windows 10. Is there any way to backup the app's meta-data? In particular, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sparky298, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Sparky298 Win User

Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?

Hi there Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible? :)

I have a question concerning the Microsoft-Photos App for Windows 10. Is there any way to backup the app's meta-data?

In particular, I would like to save my albums, faces and video-projects in case of having to reinstall Windows one day.

Thanks in advance Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible? ;)
    Sparky

:)

Sparky298, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Arnie Est Win User

groove music meta data update is not working

Since you've done soft reset, we suggest that you perform a hard reset and start your phone afresh. This method will remove all the apps, music, photos, messages, and etc. To reset your, go to
    Settings > About > Reset your phone.
    We highly recommend that you create a backup to avoid data loss.

You can follow the steps below on how to:

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

Arnie Est, Aug 14, 2018
  3. arens Win User
    [WPSL] Backup app data

Hi All,

I have a Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight app in the store for quite some time now. I recently noticed that the automatic backup for my app doesn't work.

• The app is listed in my phones (W10M) backup options and automatic backup is enabled
    • Disable automatic backup is not checked in the WMAppManifest.xml
    • Setting "Windows can include this product’s data in automatic backups to OneDrive." in the Dev Center is checked
    • All of the apps data is written to Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder
    • Using ISETool I'm able to get all the data
    What am I possibly missing here?

Note: This question was posted in the MSDN forums before but MSFT suggested to post this here:

MSDN forum article

Regards,

Stephan

arens, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?

1. Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible? - Similar Threads - Photos App Meta

2. File Explorer: Issues with meta data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: Issues with meta data: Hi I am tagging all my photos right now. I am struggling with problems in File Explorer, when using multiple tags in combination with the search. Issue 1 detail pane: Without search, all tags are listed: [ATTACH] With search, only a few tags are listed:...
  3. Windows / Data Differential Backup from Command Line -- Possible ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows / Data Differential Backup from Command Line -- Possible ?: Hi folks I was wondering if some powershell expert would know if it's possible to create a daily differential backup from the command line and then run it as an automated daily command. Primarily for DATA not the OS backup. It might even be possible to do it in the WSL --...
  4. Windows / Data Differential Backup from Command Line -- Possible ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows / Data Differential Backup from Command Line -- Possible ?: Hi folks I was wondering if some powershell expert would know if it's possible to create a daily differential backup from the command line and then run it as an automated daily command. Primarily for DATA not the OS backup. It might even be possible to do it in the WSL --...
  5. WMP meta data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP meta data: Hi I have a question on why WMP seems to change meta data inconsistently. What is happening is: - I will go through the effort of updating a song's metadata (clicking on "Find Album Info") - The data will change, including the file name as per the settings in WMP and sorting...
  6. Windows wont show meta data for some tracks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows wont show meta data for some tracks: I got some FLAC files but Windows wont show the meta data for some tracks. It works fine in VLC. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/Poker_Face0958 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8umg8/windows_wont_show_meta_data_for_some_tracks/
  7. Backup apps and data windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup apps and data windows 10: I want to backup my apps and data on windows 10 and do a clean install. submitted by /u/Re-Evolution7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ettvup/backup_apps_and_data_windows_10/
  8. Location of meta data for Photo in Windowa 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location of meta data for Photo in Windowa 10: Where are the generated meta data for video projects stored on my computer? I need to make sure that the data is backuped (did lose some video projects when I reinstalled windows 10). Is there a way in Photo to setup where this data is stored? Also, there is a function to...
  9. Is backup of apps possible before a reset??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is backup of apps possible before a reset??: Hello, when doing a reset you can choose "keep personal files", but it will still delete all your apps that you have installed that were not included with the pc. Is it possible to back these apps up in order to restore after the reset is finished?? Thanks! 117486
  10. Backup and Restore Photos app Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Photos app Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Photos app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Photos app Settings in Windows 10 The Microsoft Photos app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This app lets you view and edit your photos and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 meta data appx

2. Windows 10 meta data NOT online