Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos app updated with improved image editing interface

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos app updated with improved image editing interface in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows has always had different ways of viewing photos stored in local drives and the experience has got better and modern with Windows 10. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 20, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Photos app updated with improved image editing interface

Windows has always had different ways of viewing photos stored in local drives and the experience has got better and modern with Windows 10. The operating system comes with a new built-in Photos app that lets you view, organize and edit the media content. Basically, Microsoft’s purpose here is to provide users with instant access to photo editing tools in Windows.

Microsoft appears to be A/B testing a new update for the Windows 10 Photos app that would improve the image editing interface. The new interface is more organized. For example, the editing options – crop & rotate, filters and adjustments now appear across the top of the app.

For those unfamiliar, “Crop & rotate,” lets you customize the size of the photos and the other sections are dedicated to photos filter, contrast and other editing features.

The new version of Microsoft Photos with the aforementioned changes is slowly rolling out and it would show up on some devices soon.

For those familiar, Microsoft Photos comes with the following features:

• Crop and rotate photos, adjust lighting and color, add filters and other effects.
    • Trim video clips, and upload them to YouTube, or other social apps.
    • Create new videos from photos and video clips, with music, filters, and other effects.
    • Search your collection for people, places, and things that are automatically tagged for you.
    • Draw on a photo or video, and share an animated playback of your drawing.
    • Edit your video project to change music, camera motion, text, filters, and more.
    • Add 3D effects to videos, like a swarm of bees, lightning, or a fireball.
    • Enjoy albums and videos created for you automatically–edit and save the ones you like.
    • Remix videos to instantly change the look and feel–recombining images, music, and styles.

The post Windows 10 Photos app updated with improved image editing interface appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 Photo App will not update photos after editing.

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing Windows Photo app as it fails to update the edited photos, we will help you with this issue.

As you have issues with performance of Photos app, I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Store Apps.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

You could restore the classic Windows Photo Viewer app

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Windows 10 Photos app updated with improved image editing interface [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Can I Add/Edit Tags in Photos?

Hi Randy,

On Windows 10 Photos app, you can edit and enhance your photo by following the steps below:

• Click on the photo and then select the pencil icon to open the editing window.

Windows 10 Photos app updated with improved image editing interface febe8ced-591a-457c-8579-e8116656bf39.jpg
    • You can select how you want to edit your photo.

Windows 10 Photos app updated with improved image editing interface 5459a73f-3ed0-435f-967e-8fd38316239b.jpg
    • And now you can save the edited photo that you created.

Windows 10 Photos app updated with improved image editing interface 080a4262-920b-42eb-8b46-3bc02751a76c.jpg
    And with regard to add or change tag it can only be done to file explorer.

You use the Send Feedback button that you will see on Settings window to give suggestions, comments or feedback. This can help us improve the service that we are providing.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Photos app updated with improved image editing interface - Similar Threads - Photos app updated

2. Windows Photo app changes the colour of the image when in edit mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo app changes the colour of the image when in edit mode: I have had this issue since day 1 and I never realized it until I opened the picture in another photo application other than the native Photos app. here is the example. On the left is the Photos app and on the right is an app called ImageGlass. I use the edit feature quite a...
  3. Windows Photo app changes the colour of the image when in edit mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo app changes the colour of the image when in edit mode: I have had this issue since day 1 and I never realized it until I opened the picture in another photo application other than the native Photos app. here is the example. On the left is the Photos app and on the right is an app called ImageGlass. I use the edit feature quite a...
  4. Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.: For a couple of hours, I have been editing images. I saved one, then opened another, cropped it and now I cannot save it. I close down the Photos app and re-open it - same issue. I try opening an image I just edited and saved - I can no longer save changes to it.Look for...
  5. Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.

Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.: For a couple of hours, I have been editing images. I saved one, then opened another, cropped it and now I cannot save it. I close down the Photos app and re-open it - same issue. I try opening an image I just edited and saved - I can no longer save changes to it.Look for...
  6. Photos app update for Windows 11 rolls out with a new interface and editing options

in Windows 10 News
    Photos app update for Windows 11 rolls out with a new interface and editing options: The Photos app in Windows 10 and 11 is not exactly a fan-favorite. Many users prefer the good old Photo Viewer, for its speed, simplicity and overall usefulness. That could change, because Microsoft is rolling out a new update for the Photos app for Windows 11, and it brings...
  7. Editing in Photo App

Editing in Photo App: I've added and edited Orientation, Taken Date many photos into the My Pictures Folder, where I've added subfolders for Date or Event. I've turned off One Drive because it was slowing down my already slow Intel i3 computer. Since the Photo App displays photos from One Drive,...
  8. Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App

Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App: I was editing photos today in my Photos App in Windows 10. I have hundreds of photos, so I always just click "Save" when I'm done editing, instead of "Save a Copy" because I don't want to have to go back later and delete the originals. After hitting "Save" for a couple of...
  9. Windows 10’s stock Photos app updated for Insiders with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s stock Photos app updated for Insiders with improvements: Windows Insiders should receive a new update for Microsoft Photos and OneNote applications. Microsoft’s update to Windows 10’s stock Photos app introduces notable improvements, including an improved way to crop photos. The update for OneNote, on the other hand, adds support...
  10. Windows 10 Photos app - Edits some photos but not others

Windows 10 Photos app - Edits some photos but not others: This is driving me crazy. I have PhotoShop which runs fine under win10 bty BUT I really like the little Photos app for quick editing however. It doesn't work all the time. The app itself never fails to launch but with about half of the pictures that I try to edit give me...