Windows 10: Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are...

Discus and support Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, so I just imported a bunch of pictures onto my computer through the Windows 10 Photos app and when I go into the Pictures folder, all of those new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DominicBandoni, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are...

Hey, so I just imported a bunch of pictures onto my computer through the Windows 10 Photos app and when I go into the Pictures folder, all of those new photos are located there. So there's no problem with the newly imported photos.

Where the issue is, is with a bunch of photos that are on the Photos app, but they appear nowhere on my actual harddrive or on OneDrive. I'm able to "save image as" with these, which saves them to my harddrive and places them in a subfolder in Pictures. Otherwise, where are all of these photos stored (if not in Pictures or OneDrive)?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

:)

DominicBandoni, Jul 29, 2018
  2. xexets Win User

Photos app behaviour with photos on OneDrive

Hello! So I am trying to use Photos app to arrange and view my library of photos and videos (about 30,000 files). I have windows 10 latest version, fully updated photos and onedrive app.

Behaviour of the app is erratic at best and I would like to know if someone has understood how Photos app works. Here is what I found:

- If all my photos are on my local hard drive, outside of OneDrive Photos adds them, indexes them, finds people in them etc. so it works fine. However I cannot search for tags (i.e. keywords), because photos does not seem to look into files metadata. So
    far so good.

- When all my photos are in OneDrive the onedrive interface can search for tags and places. If the photos are in the main OneDrive Pictures folder Photos app in windows 10 sees them all, always regardless whether I have checked show pictures from my onedrive
    folder, show pictures in the could only, or if I add or remove manually the folder from the list of folders. If the pictures are outside of the pictures folder they appear only if 'show pictures from all onedrive folders' is selected. all right.

- I use 'on demand' onedrive files: if the pictures are not downloaded, photos app does not index them at all. If they are downloaded photos app pulls some indexing from OneDrive but not all of it. So for instance if I search for 'cat' in the onedrive
    web interface I get 200 results, if I search on the Windows 10 photos app I get maybe 70. In neither case photos app indexes people. People indexing seems to be reserved to photos that are on your harddrive outside of the OneDrive folder, at least for me.

So at the moment I have two identical copies of my library: one is offline on my hard drive outside of the onedrive folder and is indexed normally. The other one is in onedrive, every single file is linked as duplicate within Photos app, and this enables
    me to pull albums from Onedrive.

Now my question is: why can't I just have all my library in the Pictures folder in OneDrive, keep it always available on my computer and have a fully indexed catalogue? Why do I have to keep two copies of the library to have the best of both worlds? I does
    not make sense.

Also why does show my OneDrive photos default to ON everytime I restart the app?

I bet I will get an answer from a Microsoft 'technician' asking me to send a screenshot of the problem so they can understand the issue...

PS: I have reset the app, uninstalled and reinstalled it, deleted all the possible system files and started from scratch, no matter what I do this seems to be Photos default behaviour...

xexets, Jul 29, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Naveeddil Win User

Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are...

Photo App automatically add OneDrive Folder

Dear all,

The Photos app of Windows 10 Automatically adds Onedrive Location and start syncing OneDrive Pictures in Collection.

The Photos app add Custom Address of the OneDrive folder automatically i.e. "D:\Libraries\OneDrive\Pictures" then i remove it but after a restart of system the address is again added. (Below Screesnshot for easy reference)

I have unchecked "Show my Photos and Videos from One Drive (Cloud Only".

Can you please suggest another location from where it could be turn off permanenetly.

Thank You All

Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are... 7b2f6845-4099-4ca9-a22a-62d575fa88c5.png

Naveeddil, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are...

1. Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are... - Similar Threads - photos found Photos

2. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...
  3. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...
  4. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  5. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  6. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app: Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the Windows 10 photo application and I'm having some issues with organizing my pictures. 1st question: While in the "folders" tab, if I try to create a new folder and import my OneDrive pictures it will show the folders saved to my...
  8. adding picture folders to the Photo app

adding picture folders to the Photo app: I have a few thousand pictures on my laptop that are in 75 folders under the Pictures folder. I want to copy/move all to the Photos app. and have the individual folders become albums in Photos. How can I accomplish this without loading 75 different folders?...
  9. Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures

Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures: There is already a good post about it but it is locked and the solution doesn't satisfy me. Problem: Everytime OneDrive is starting up it adds the user folder "My Pictures" to the Location in the Photos app. The above solution was to uninstall the photos app via a...
  10. Windows 10 Photo app versus Pictures folder

Windows 10 Photo app versus Pictures folder: When I transfer photos from my iPhone 8 to my PC, they show up in the Photos app as well as the Picture folder. Are these two separate storage areas taking up twice as much memory, or are they related?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pictures in windows app but not in folders\