Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos problems (fixes? not alternatives)

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos problems (fixes? not alternatives) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It looks nice and I like that it plays gifs, there's a few things that is bugging me about this app. They changed mousescroll to scrolling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yingjai, Nov 3, 2015.

1. yingjai Win User

Windows 10 Photos problems (fixes? not alternatives)

It looks nice and I like that it plays gifs, there's a few things that is bugging me about this app.

They changed mousescroll to scrolling next/previous instead of zoom. I use a Logitech mouse with Setpoint installed and because of Setpoint smooth scroll, it scrolls through several photos on one scroll. Turning smooth scroll off, it doesn't always scroll next when the mousewheel "clicks". Another thing with my Logitech mouse is that I can't use the forward/backward buttons. They function as left click. Double click any and it zooms in. I can't change Setpoint settings per app because Photos isn't really a typical exe app like Notepad.

The last thing is that it seems to sharpen the photos even when I turned auto adjustments off. Compare Photos to Firefox and even Windows Photo Gallery and you'll see.

So far, Windows Photo Gallery seems like a good alternative, except it doesn't play gifs (unless you click next frame really fast).

I'm guessing there are no fixes for these?

:)

yingjai, Nov 3, 2015
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 3, 2015
  3. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Nov 3, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Will the following setup eliminate the issues you mentioned ?

Use Windows Photo Gallery to open still images and Internet Explorer to open Gif files.
    That was my setup until Windows 10 installed.
    Phots is by default set to open gif files, but you can change that.

davidhk, Nov 3, 2015
  5. yingjai Win User
    I was hoping to fix the issues so I can uninstall Live Essentials.

yingjai, Nov 3, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    If you want to uninstall Windows Essentials, then may I suggest you restore Windows Photo Viewer ?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

I know that does not solve you problem , but it's better to have 2 programs running correctly than to have one program (Photos) which seems to have issues with your mouse.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Photos problems (fixes? not alternatives) - Similar Threads - Photos problems fixes

2. Alternative to Media Player for photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternative to Media Player for photos?: Hello!I'm trying to access and view photos from my other pc which is considered a 'Media device'. I can only open this with Media Player, but it's not very convenient. It hangs, it opens images as if they're videos, there's no preview pane and whenever I open an image, the...
  3. Alternative to Media Player for photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternative to Media Player for photos?: Hello!I'm trying to access and view photos from my other pc which is considered a 'Media device'. I can only open this with Media Player, but it's not very convenient. It hangs, it opens images as if they're videos, there's no preview pane and whenever I open an image, the...
  4. Alternative to Photos with spot fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternative to Photos with spot fix: Now that Microsoft has removed spot fix from Photos, can anyone suggest a preferably free alternative app that will do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alternative-to-photos-with-spot-fix/a02d526f-817d-44e9-88f1-6b1b1aed92b8
  5. Alternative to Photos with spot fix

Alternative to Photos with spot fix: Now that Microsoft has removed spot fix from Photos, can anyone suggest a preferably free alternative app that will do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alternative-to-photos-with-spot-fix/a02d526f-817d-44e9-88f1-6b1b1aed92b8
  6. Alternative To Photo Gallery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alternative To Photo Gallery?: I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's an alternative to Photo Gallery. I've used it for a while, but I'm so used to using everything in dark mode now, that it feels so unnatural to use Photo Gallery, which is blinding. I tried using the Photos app, but it is way too slow...
  7. Picasa Photo Viewer alternative?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Picasa Photo Viewer alternative?: For people who have used Picasa photo viewer in the past or currently. Have you found an alternative? or anything close to it? Why Picasa is my go to for 13-14 years - It is extremely fast, light weight and smooth. It feels like an Apple product made by mistake by Google. It...
  8. alternative to microsoft photos for windows 10?

alternative to microsoft photos for windows 10?: I've tried everything and Microsoft Photos is unable to import pictures and videos from my iPhone. I respectfully ask that replies do not include troubleshooting for Microsoft Photos. Can someone let me know the best app for windows 10 for importing and managing pics and...
  9. Alternative to Photo Viewer.

Alternative to Photo Viewer.: Hi. *Smile I am using build 10147 now, and Windows Photo Viewer is not working here as it used to. The new look/appearence of the Photos App is very cool, but is there any third party software that can be an alternative of the good old Windows Photo Viewer? I want a...
  10. Alternative to Windows Live Photo Gallery

Alternative to Windows Live Photo Gallery: I've used WLPG for a long time and like it, but I have the crashing problem which on and off makes it impossible to use. I'm looking for an alternative. I could do all the importing to the PC from the camera with Bridge. I might also be able to do it with Lightroom, have...