Windows 10: Windows 10 Pin code pfishing/brute force attack?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pin code pfishing/brute force attack? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently when turning the computer on a series of incorrect pin codes are automatically and rapidly generated and rejected until the a1b2c3 phrase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pin code concern, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Pin code pfishing/brute force attack?

Recently when turning the computer on a series of incorrect pin codes are automatically and rapidly generated and rejected until the a1b2c3 phrase appears. Only then can I enter the code and access computer. It seems a computer is attempting to guess the pin code. I've done scans and power erasers and it still happens. How can this be stopped? Please advise! Thank you.

:)

Pin code concern, Jul 17, 2018

2. Why is Bitlocker Bootup PIN Limited to Numerals by Default?

True, if you go with the minimum suggested PIN of 7 numbers, there are only 10,000,000 possible combinations...

It is possible that a personal identification number (PIN) can be discovered by an attacker performing a brute force attack. A brute force attack occurs when an attacker uses an automated tool to try different PIN combinations until
    the correct one is discovered. For BitLocker-protected computers, this type of attack, also known as a dictionary attack, requires that the attacker have physical access to the computer.

The TPM has the built-in ability to detect and react to these types of attacks. Because different manufacturers' TPMs may support different PIN and attack mitigations, contact your TPM's manufacturer to determine how your computer's
    TPM mitigates PIN brute force attacks.

After you have determined your TPM's manufacturer ,contact the manufacturer to gather the TPM's vendor-specific information. Most manufacturers use the PIN authentication failure count to exponentially increase lockout time to the PIN
    interface. However, each manufacturer has different policies regarding when and how the failure counter is decreased or reset.

As for the second part, if they can get past the bitlocker protection, the password protection is no obstacle at all.

Shenan Stanley, Jul 17, 2018
  3. bitlocker password vs pin

my question was:

does password more stronger than pin against brute force attacks (since pin is only numbers).

and why i cant set up bitlocker using password (i only have the pin option).

Gwynbleidd_721, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Pin code pfishing/brute force attack?

WPS PIN

Hi,

Windows Phone does not support Wi-Fi Protected Setup. You will need to enter your Wi-Fi key manually.

Wi-Fi Protected Setup is a network security standard to create a secure wireless home network. The PIN method could fail against brute-force attacks

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pin code pfishing/brute force attack?

1. Windows 10 Pin code pfishing/brute force attack? - Similar Threads - Pin code pfishing

2. Microsoft brings account brute-force protections to older versions of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings account brute-force protections to older versions of Windows: Microsoft unveiled plans in July 2022 to roll out brute force protection against local accounts in the next version of Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022. The added protection is now enabled on new machines running Windows 11 and on "any new machines that include the October...
  3. Next Windows 11 delays brute force attacks by default

in Windows 10 News
    Next Windows 11 delays brute force attacks by default: Microsoft plans to roll out new default settings in the next major Windows 11 release that delay brute force attacks against accounts on the system. [ATTACH] Brute-force attacks are commonly used by threat actors to gain access to systems. Especially Remote Desktop Protocol...
  4. Getting Brute Force Attacks on MS SQL Server, Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Brute Force Attacks on MS SQL Server, Urgent Help Needed: Hi,We have a Dedicated Godaddy Server running Windows Server 2012 accessible through remote desktop. We are getting a lot of IP brute force attacks on the server with these error codes:Event ID: 4625, Audit FailureEvent ID: 10016,_DISTRIBUTEDCOMThese errors are getting...
  5. Getting Brute Force Attacks on MS SQL Server, Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Brute Force Attacks on MS SQL Server, Urgent Help Needed: Hi,We have a Dedicated Godaddy Server running Windows Server 2012 accessible through remote desktop. We are getting a lot of IP brute force attacks on the server with these error codes:Event ID: 4625, Audit FailureEvent ID: 10016,_DISTRIBUTEDCOMThese errors are getting...
  6. pfishing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pfishing: Received an e mail from Microsoft Defender but from a g mail. My e mail but nit my name. They say they are billing me 400.00 for Microsoft Defender I do not want to call the number they provided. I think it is pfishing but cannot find where to forward it to Microsoft....
  7. Pfishing email

Pfishing email: Re: Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection email I have received What Microsoft email address do I send pfishing attempt email to?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pfishing-email/b586f9df-75bd-459d-97e7-23d9fb2d1f81
  8. How is the Windows 10 Hello password protected against Brute-Force, Dictionary or Hybrid...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How is the Windows 10 Hello password protected against Brute-Force, Dictionary or Hybrid...: I have a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 with Windows Hello Face Recognition. Instead of Face Recognition, Windows Hello also accepts a password thus no 2FA. The harddrive is encrypted with VeraCrypt. Assume Windows is running but locked and VeraCrypt is unlocked. An attacker...
  9. Forced PIN in Windows 10 is a Disaster!

Forced PIN in Windows 10 is a Disaster!: Last night, to my horror, when I went to login I was asked not for my password, but for my PIN, which I never set up. Since I do not have a PIN I could not log into my computer. This was very, very disturbing--to be locked out of a computer that I paid for, by the operating...
  10. "Brute Force" disconnecting USB External HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Brute Force" disconnecting USB External HDD: Hi, I have 1 HDD connected to one USB 3.0 Port. When I connect a second HDD to another USB 3.0 Port, windows automatically Disconnects/Reconnects the First HDD. I can listen the Motor of the HDD going down, exactly as if I removed the Power Supply. This is not good. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 11 pin brute forcing

2. windows 10 pincode bruteforce