Windows 10: Windows 10 plus Windows 7 dilemma.

Discus and support Windows 10 plus Windows 7 dilemma. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 installed on a M.2 SSD. I have two other SSD's in Raid 0 which are used for gaming. There is also a 2TB sata drive for storage plus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by silas, Feb 24, 2016.

1. silas Win User

Windows 10 plus Windows 7 dilemma.

I have Windows 10 installed on a M.2 SSD. I have two other SSD's in Raid 0 which are used for gaming. There is also a 2TB sata drive for storage plus another SSD i use only for Linux. There is no dual boot as i installed Grub onto the SSD drive with Linux installed. I just boot into Linux via the F8 key at post and selecting the linux disk. Windows 10 boots normally when i power on the system.

Now what i would like to do and hence my question, is to install Windows 7 onto my Linux SSD but with the same boot configuration, ie boot into Windows 7 via the F8 key at post, not a dual boot config. I am not sure this is even possible but if so, grateful for and help in achieving this.

Thanks in advance..*Smile*Smile

:)

silas, Feb 24, 2016

2. have windows 7 disk/the code for the copy upgraded to windows 10 and i wish to to a fresh install of windows

i wish to reinstall with a fresh thing of windows 10 (*upgraded to in from 7 64bit pro*) issue is i have a windows 7 disk you see my dilemma (if you need more infromation to help me plz ask)

AutoBot BlackWing, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Windows 10 dilemma

Simply install all the latest updates and you should get it back.

How
    to reserve your free upgrade to Windows 10

If the Reservation application (Windows 10 app) has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

Please be aware even if you do not get the Windows 10 app, you can still download Windows 10 as a .ISO file, create a bootable copy and upgrade your system.

How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

• [*]Check Windows Update for an updated version of KB2952664 (Windows 7 SP1) or KB2976978 (Windows 8.x)

[*]After installing the Windows Update, re-run the Compatibility Appraiser. This will happen automatically within a day or it can be run manually from an admin command prompt:

• schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"
    Once started, it may take 10 minutes or so for the appraiser to complete. Once complete, re-open the Get Windows 10 app and it will have the updated compatibility information.

Dan Charlton

Windows DirectX Graphics team

Restart your computer and try again.

If the above does not work, try uninstalling both updates:

Press Windows key + X (for Windows 7 click Start, type: cmd then right click
    cmd and click Run as administrator)

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

At the command prompt, enter the following commands:

wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583

wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664

Exit the command prompt, restart and run Windows Update again.

If the problem persist, see the following:

I
    want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10, but I don’t see the icon on the taskbar

Andre Da Costa, Feb 24, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Easiest way is just to disconnect every drive but the SSD you want to install Windows 7 to, then do a clean install of Windows 7 to it. After it is installed and booting, then reconnect all the other drives.

You can just pull the power plugs from the other drives so you don't mix up the sata ports they were connected to when you reconnect.

NavyLCDR, Feb 24, 2016
  5. silas Win User
    Many thanks, by far the easiest solution. Appreciated.*Smile

silas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 plus Windows 7 dilemma. - Similar Threads - plus dilemma

2. Mon ordinateur windows 11 ne s'éteint plus correctement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mon ordinateur windows 11 ne s'éteint plus correctement: Bonjour, à chaque fois que j'éteins mon windows 11 ou presque, celui-ci redémarre immédiatement. Je sais que ce n'est pas le démarrage rapide qui est activé puisque h'avais déjà eu ce problème et l'ait désactivé, mais cette fois c'est un peu différent, quand il se rallume,...
  3. Mon ordinateur windows 11 ne s'éteint plus correctement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mon ordinateur windows 11 ne s'éteint plus correctement: Bonjour, à chaque fois que j'éteins mon windows 11 ou presque, celui-ci redémarre immédiatement. Je sais que ce n'est pas le démarrage rapide qui est activé puisque h'avais déjà eu ce problème et l'ait désactivé, mais cette fois c'est un peu différent, quand il se rallume,...
  4. How can I make Microsoft Plus XP work on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make Microsoft Plus XP work on Windows 11: I recently found a bunch of XP software in my dad's attic and wanted to boot it up.After I plopped it in my DVD slot and clicked on the install application it said that it cannot run on 64 bit versions of Windows XPPlease help I just want funny screensavers. :...
  5. How can I make Microsoft Plus XP work on Windows 11

How can I make Microsoft Plus XP work on Windows 11: I recently found a bunch of XP software in my dad's attic and wanted to boot it up.After I plopped it in my DVD slot and clicked on the install application it said that it cannot run on 64 bit versions of Windows XPPlease help I just want funny screensavers. :...
  6. Windows 10 not working after updates in Asus TUF B450-PLUS II

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not working after updates in Asus TUF B450-PLUS II: Hi, I recently upgraded my motherboard to Asus TUF B450-PLUS II, my CPU is a Ryzen 7 3700x 8-Core, I've got a CD version of WIndows 10 Pro but everytime that I install it, after some automatic updates, when the system reboots, the screen, keyboard and mouse turn off and I...
  7. Windows 10 not working after updates in Asus TUF B450-PLUS II

Windows 10 not working after updates in Asus TUF B450-PLUS II: Hi, I recently upgraded my motherboard to Asus TUF B450-PLUS II, my CPU is a Ryzen 7 3700x 8-Core, I've got a CD version of WIndows 10 Pro but everytime that I install it, after some automatic updates, when the system reboots, the screen, keyboard and mouse turn off and I...
  8. Windows 10 not working after updates in Asus TUF B450-PLUS II

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Error installing Disney Plus from store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error installing Disney Plus from store: Hi I'm getting the following error while trying to install the Disney+ app on both the online store and the store in Windows.I've tried the following solutions.However, solution 2 above I could only find this option for trouble-shooter in Windows 11.This is my system.Regards...
  10. Error installing Disney Plus from store

Error installing Disney Plus from store: Hi I'm getting the following error while trying to install the Disney+ app on both the online store and the store in Windows.I've tried the following solutions.However, solution 2 above I could only find this option for trouble-shooter in Windows 11.This is my system.Regards...