Windows 10: Windows 10 - poor customer support and lack of media player

Discus and support Windows 10 - poor customer support and lack of media player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good to see that you got your problems sorted out! :-) Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Traverston0, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Joergi Win User

Windows 10 - poor customer support and lack of media player

Good to see that you got your problems sorted out! Windows 10 - poor customer support and lack of media player :)

Joergi, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Dch48 Win User

I had Windows Media Player in my standard 8.1 installation from the get go. I never had to download it. It is now also present and working in Windows 10 Home after the upgrade. As far as I know, it was never removed from any version of Windows. The Media Center was removed but Media Player was always there. They did remove support for playing DVD's but the player itself was never removed from any version and always worked for CD's, MP3's, WMA, WMV and most other video formats.

Dch48, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Gary Win User
    I am using CS6 on Win 10 Pro with zero problems. Maybe PS5 is not compatible with Windows 10.

4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Aug 7, 2015
  5. A MS Live account or other MS type account has to be logged into first before you can run the See What Works search engine there. And guess what? I already got Acronis True Image 2010 on without a hitch after I had to perform a second upgrade install to get anything but pc games to install correctly!

The search engine there shows "no info check with software publisher: which of course only shows the original release notes on a page full of other products and mentions the need to contact sales to acquire a newer version which we already know. It will depend a lot on how long the program has been out and how much circulation it saw since there are endless tons of programs as well as utility apps to av softwares that likely may not even show up at all. The products from the better known companies are the most likely to be displayed however even if you still end up at the manufacturer's support site!

Night Hawk, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Jarfaru Win User
    It was the smoothest upgrade i've ever had from Microsoft. No errors at all and it took 35 minutes. I read some of these complaints and just have to wonder whats going on.

Jarfaru, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Glad to hear things went smoothly at your end! For me it was a chance to get familiar with some of the problems that could come up from a diagnostic point of view as well as dissecting the new OS! Granted I still had to go back to a few of the guides to check up on what works! And I also found out that do not put all your money in the upgrade too soon!

Wait a bit however to see if any new updates going on or trying to get more of the old programs to run on 10 has an OOPS! Some going to use one of the new apps that come with 10 suddenly find themselves in a jam where the upgrade didn't actually go as well as they thought it did due to something not going on fully but not used right away! It can happen with any version of any software where a fresh install then becomes a necessity at times to correct a glitch or two!

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - poor customer support and lack of media player - Similar Threads - poor customer support

2. lack of display customization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lack of display customization?: Hello, apologies if I am repeating prior posts, but what is happening with the lack of customization for displays on windows 11?Firstly, the zoom/scale 100% and resolution default settings are huge! I have to run programs for work like Citrix for example and the zoom is so...
  3. lack of support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lack of support: i purchased windows 10 todayhow do i bust through the support wall i have case numbercant talk to anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/e36938fe-1ca4-4d3b-a0bd-8345b65cf840
  4. lack of support

lack of support: i purchased windows 10 todayhow do i bust through the support wall i have case numbercant talk to anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/e36938fe-1ca4-4d3b-a0bd-8345b65cf840
  5. Lack of Support for Windows 10

Lack of Support for Windows 10: Now that Windows 11 is here, most PCs that got the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 and have digital licenses will definitely start having issues with their PCs. Microsoft forced an incompatible audio driver High Definition audio driver in the the last update. Microsoft has...
  6. Lack of Support for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lack of Support for Windows 10: Now that Windows 11 is here, most PCs that got the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 and have digital licenses will definitely start having issues with their PCs. Microsoft forced an incompatible audio driver High Definition audio driver in the the last update. Microsoft has...
  7. Lack of Support for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. lack of support.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lack of support.: i have paid to be supported by the team,when i try to get help i go round and round with any help,the virual agent is useless,the tel support has no tel number,help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/17fff45a-b5ae-4f2c-bbe8-0242b3a25c95
  9. 100% Disk Space, Windows 10, Poor performance, poor customer support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk Space, Windows 10, Poor performance, poor customer support: I have literally spent hours trying to get my computer to work right. I have tried cleaning, disabling, defragging, uninstalling, and nothing seems to work. Windows 10 has made my life miserable. There is nothing running but it still seems to peg out at 100% disk space. I'm...
  10. Windows Media Player supported formats?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player supported formats?: In Windows 10 October 2018 update, are there any formats that are supported by Windows Media Player that are not listed in the Default Apps sections of Settings? I know that WordPad supports doc files on a basic scale, but this function is hidden, manual association needs to...