Windows 10: Windows 10 Pop 3 Mail Flawed

Discus and support Windows 10 Pop 3 Mail Flawed in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hope this thread abides by the Forum rules,( I am a newbie). I did search the relevant Threads and the last one posted re this thread was old and an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tenrus, Apr 4, 2016.

1. tenrus Win User

Windows 10 Pop 3 Mail Flawed

Hope this thread abides by the Forum rules,( I am a newbie). I did search the relevant Threads and the last one posted re this thread was old and an accompanying pop-up advised to create new thread.
    Pop 3 Mail Client in Windows 10 is flawed according to highlevel Microsoft tech support. After spending more than 8 hours with high levelTech support from Verizon, Asus, and Microsoft the latter came to theconclusion that the Pop 3 Mail Client is flawed. My mail server isVerizon.yahoo .com. We tried several configurations of the mail client including the correctPort numbers. I can send and receive emailbut received mail includes a Hyperlink to download remaining mail which doesnot work. Thus 90% of received emails cannot be read. My system runs on a 64bitPC with Home version of Windows 10version 1511, build 10586.164.Given the fact that Verizon pop3 is one of the most commonmail clients one would think Microsoft would have corrected this by now.

:)

tenrus, Apr 4, 2016

2. Pop 3 Mail Client for Verizon/yahoo accounts in Windows 10 flawed & not yet fixed

Pop 3 Mail Client in Windows 10 is flawed according to high level Microsoft tech support. After spending more than 8 hours with high level Tech support from Verizon, Asus, and Microsoft the latter came to the conclusion that the Pop 3 Mail Client
    is flawed. My mail server is Verizon.yahoo .com. We tried several configurations of
    the mail client including the correct Port numbers. I can send and receive email but received mail includes a Hyperlink to download remaining mail which does not work. Thus 90% of received emails
    cannot be read. My system runs on a 64bit PC with Home version of Windows 10
    version 1511, build 10586.164.

Given the fact that Verizon pop3 is one of the most common mail clients one would think Microsoft
    would have corrected this by now.

RichardStaub, Apr 4, 2016
  3. Mail and Calender Apps on Windoes 10 error 0x80048811

Pop 3 Mail Client in Windows 10 is flawed according to high level Microsoft tech support. After spending more than 8 hours with high level Tech support from Verizon, Asus, and Microsoft the latter came to the conclusion that the Pop 3 Mail Client is
    flawed. My mail server is Verizon.yahoo .com. We tried several configurations of the mail client including the correct Port numbers. I can send and receive email but received mail includes a Hyperlink to download remaining mail which does not work. Thus
    90% of received emails cannot be read. My system runs on a 64bit PC with Home version of Windows 10 version 1511, build 10586.164.

Given the fact that Verizon pop3 is one of the most common mail clients one would think Microsoft would have corrected this by now.

RichardStaub, Apr 4, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Not the actual answer to your post but have you considered using IMAP instead of POP3.

Also what's your email client -- could be a silly setting you've missed in configuration.

I'm using OUTLOOK 2016 and there's no problem with IMAP -- others say also no problem with POP3 either.

I've run OUTLOOK 2007 / 2010/2016 with ZERO problems. Office 2013 (including Outlook 2013) was a TOTAL DOG which I junked ASAP. Office 2010 still works fine with W10 if you don't want to upgrade .

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2016
  5. tenrus Win User
    Both Verizon and Microsoft Support said IMAP not an option for Verizon/Yahoo mail clients. BU THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION

tenrus, Apr 4, 2016
  6. tenrus Win User
    Microsoft level 2 finally solved the issue by installing Outlook 2013 and configuring the Verizon yahoo within it.

tenrus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pop 3 Mail Flawed - Similar Threads - Pop Mail Flawed

2. Hidden Taskbar Pops up in multiples of 3 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hidden Taskbar Pops up in multiples of 3 Windows 10: In Windows 10, on computers owned by my employment, with a ScreenConnect client for the SysAdmin to access remotely installed: My taskbar is set to auto-hide. Randomly, between 2-5 times per workday, it will pop up for a second as if an app has a notification, then hide...
  3. Flawed software.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Flawed software.: When will you fix the recent updates that cause browsers both firefox and edge to crash every time I try to print from the browsers. Printers work fine when printing from Word. fr...
  4. Terrible Windows 10 flaw

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Terrible Windows 10 flaw: A copy operation I've been waiting a long time for got cancelled when I accidentally pressed the space bar. It didn't even prompt me if I'm sure I want to I cancel. To make matters worse, Windows 10 had the cancel button in the selected view so any key pretty much triggers it...
  5. Windows 10 Mail - 3-line preview gone!

Windows 10 Mail - 3-line preview gone!: Have lost the 3-line email preview on the reading pane, Only showing one line. And no item in settings to modify preview mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-3-line-preview-gone/c4d74353-d45d-43e8-8856-7a4893c77128
  6. Windows 10 security flaw?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 security flaw?: There are a whole ton of weird articles saying the NSA informed microsoft about a serious security flaw in windows 10 that I don't particularly think it's true. I would like conformation on whether or not it's true Thanks in advance...
  7. (3) virus pop-up

(3) virus pop-up: I have unsuccessfully tried to find this adware/malware in my files to remove it. My virus scanner continues to show 0 viruses, yet this annoying pop-up happens every time I access Firefox or Google. Any suggestions how to end it?...
  8. Windows 10 security flaws

Windows 10 security flaws: Hi, This is Agnivesh This is a major security flaw with Microsoft windows 10 pro . I had actually forgotten my windows account password.I wanted to crack and make a new account on my laptop.I had tried a bunch of ways to crack the OS but none was proved...
  9. Windows 10 security flaw

Windows 10 security flaw: My brother sometimes uses my computer and I once deleted his account cause I thought he wouldn't need it, but he once wanted to use it and he didn't know my password and he created an account on his own. I do know that he has a flash drive that can bypass the password or...
  10. No notification Sound or Pop up for new mail in MAIL APP in Windows 10

No notification Sound or Pop up for new mail in MAIL APP in Windows 10: NO Notification getting for new Email in MAIL APP. Tried all the settings in Notification, personal. Searched net for any notification settings I have missed but to no help. Is anybody else facing the same problem and found any solution OR should I switch to Outlook or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2007 verizon/yahoo send receive error language:en