Windows 10: Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

Discus and support Windows 10 popping sound in speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago and ever since, I've been getting a random popping noise in my speakers. It's driving me mad! I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paulevs, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Paulevs Win User

Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

I just upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago and ever since, I've been getting a random popping noise in my speakers. It's driving me mad! I have tried everything I can think of. I've updated my drivers and my Bios. (From HP site) I've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio (Realtek) driver. This problem never happened in Windows 8. Any help will be appreciated, I'm about to switch back to Windows 8.

:)

Paulevs, Aug 3, 2015

2. Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you still facing the issue?

From the Control Panel, Power Settings and settings set 'Minimum processor state' to 100%.

Also refer to the post by
    CaraRobbins
    and check if the issue can be fixed from the link below.

Crackling/Popping sounds on Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Joy Kemprai, Aug 3, 2015
  3. phi1514 Win User

Any response, Microsoft? There has to be a solution to this issue...

phi1514, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Jack07 Win User

Check your DPC latency with something like LatencyMon

Press play and let it monitor for a few minutes, if the bars with the highest interrupt to process latency , dps and isr routines goes to red switch to Drivers tab, sort by Total Execution Time and see what you have there. The drivers with the highest execution time can be responsible for your sound popping issue.

Jack07, Aug 3, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    I've solved the pops and crackles from Realtek chips, and others, by going to Control Panel Power Settings and setting 'Minimum processor state' to 100%.

Not ideal, but serves as a workaround until they release better drivers.

6. agentp Win User
    I don't know who you are, where you're from, or how you figured out the solution to this problem. But, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. This has been driving me crazy since I updated to windows 10 over the summer. I seriously just joined this forum to thank you. Take care.

agentp, Feb 3, 2016
  7. lord4gb Win User
    Nus, thank you so much for this solution. I've tried a ton of solutions and the crackling was driving me crazy: Spotify, Netflix, YouTube, games, basically any application with sound caused the crackling. The CPU setting did the trick. Could this be due to older processor models? Mine is a Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz. Like agentp, I just joined this forum to thank you. Cheers!

lord4gb, Mar 16, 2016
  8. WWWobbly Win User

You LEGEND! As with the other two, I joined just to say thanks. Anyone with a critical ear wondering what the HECK is causing those random pops and jumps, THIS IS THE ANSWER.

WWWobbly, Jun 11, 2016
  9. mharris13 Win User
    Bump. This works! Must be that power-saving mode.

mharris13, Jul 24, 2016
  10. kimkl Win User
    I had the same issue with my Sound blaster Z on Windows 8.1, had i only known your "Hot FIX then" it would have saved me some head ache, because i tried everything "except your Hot Fix" so any SB users out there with popping try try this i really would like to know if it had worked for my SBZ i threw the card out bought the SBZxR and never had the problem again but ill remember this one if it does "pop" back

kimkl, Jul 25, 2016
  11. Confirmed this solved the popping for me too, just upgraded about an hour ago. But does having the minimum set to 100% mean the PC will use more power/waste electricity?

frymillstrum, Aug 1, 2016
  12. smac Win User
    Thanks,

13. Snacko Win User

Confirmed... still popping. And my Min processor state is still set to 100%.

Didn't work.

Snacko, Oct 23, 2016
  14. Snacko Win User
    I did find this post on another forum and have been using it for 2 days with my volume up fairly loud all the time. And I have only heard 1-2 pops. At this volume I would normally have a pop about every 5 minutes. It seems to me that there is much less popping, but it still does happen.

Snacko, Oct 25, 2016
  15. This DID NOT work for me.

This solution WORKED.

richardboegli, Nov 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 popping sound in speakers - Similar Threads - popping sound speakers

2. Popping sound from my speakers whenever sound ends or starts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Popping sound from my speakers whenever sound ends or starts: Hello,i have a problem on my new thinkpad e15 gen4 . When ever a sound occurs and it ends there is something like a pop, silent but noticable, that occures. I tried updating my drivers changing settings but nothing has helped yet. A thing that I have recognized, was that i...
  3. Popping sound from my speakers whenever sound ends or starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popping sound from my speakers whenever sound ends or starts: Hello,i have a problem on my new thinkpad e15 gen4 . When ever a sound occurs and it ends there is something like a pop, silent but noticable, that occures. I tried updating my drivers changing settings but nothing has helped yet. A thing that I have recognized, was that i...
  4. Popping sound from my speakers whenever sound ends or starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No sound from speakers Windows 10

No sound from speakers Windows 10: I have a problem recently where I get no sound from my speakers. I do get however a sound when I use the TEST button. I have tried all of the options posted on the web including Microsoft own information such as:- Setting Default Update drivers etc Still no luck Also...
  6. speakers make popping sound with audio playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    speakers make popping sound with audio playback: Recently I’ve had an audio problem where I press play on a sound iTunes, Spotify, Netflix, YouTube the playback stutters and delays for a quick second, a bigboom and click comes from my speakers plugged in Logitech speakers w subwoofer and then the audio plays as normal. I’ve...
  7. Fast popping sound from speakers

Fast popping sound from speakers: My sound seems to be operating okay, albeit with some loss of fidelity (I think). But with no sound or volume I get a Fast popping sound from speakers. The popping is low level, but it's annoying like a dripping faucet. How do I troubleshoot and turn it off? 137960
  8. Popping speakers after Windows 10 update

Popping speakers after Windows 10 update: I just did an update and ever since, the speakers in my system are making a repeated popping noise. This is the same noise they always make when the system is first booted up which you are probably familiar with. But normally they make that sound only once on restart and...
  9. Laptop Sound Crackling and Popping (with speakers and headphones)

Laptop Sound Crackling and Popping (with speakers and headphones): Hello all, I don't usually post in these forums, but the problem I have is driving me absolutely crazy, and I don't have the luxury to drop off my laptop at a repair place for 1+ week. The problem is basically what I said in the title. I'm using an Asus Q525, Windows 10,...
  10. Popping sounds from speakers or headset

Popping sounds from speakers or headset: Today it just suddenly became popping sound whenever I play a round. From volume control and YouTube and any application. I've tried uninstalling restart then reinstalling driver but to no avail. I doubt it's an hardware issue because even when I plug in or on bluetooth...