Windows 10: Windows 10 possible network issues?

Discus and support Windows 10 possible network issues? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Currently have Windows 7 machines running with no issues, specifically with an application that's available only on the local LAN. Upgraded two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dimm0k, Jan 13, 2016.

1. dimm0k Win User

Windows 10 possible network issues?

Currently have Windows 7 machines running with no issues, specifically with an application that's available only on the local LAN. Upgraded two machines to Windows 10 and now this same application is crashing if left idle for say an hour (time hasn't been exactly determined yet). Trying to work with the application's engineers and they're clueless on where to even begin. The engineers are saying the application is crashing because of loss of connectivity to the server serving the application (hosted locally on the LAN). The LAN is gigabit, which is plenty for the application and our poor internet bandwidth so I'm stumped as to why the application crashing. Is there something new in Windows 10 that might be causing some kind of disconnect?

BTW, also tried running this application in a virtualized machine with Windows 10 and same thing after idling. This does not happen with Windows 7.

:)

dimm0k, Jan 13, 2016
  2. GNJha Win User

No Wifi access on Safe Mode with Networking

Original title:- Why not Internet in Windows 10?

Hi,

Why I am not able to connect my Windows 10 Laptop to Wifi Internet in "Safe Mode with Networking"?

Most of us says, its not possible.

But Microsoft Experts say, "its possible but you should know because if its not possible, Microsoft might remove "Safe Mode with Networking" in Window 10. Also if Windows 10 Laptop can connect with Ethernet Internet in "Safe Mode with Networking", it will
    also be connected with Wifi Internet as well.

Therefore, please help me to find its answer.

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Wilson T Win User
    Test network speed in Windows 10

Hi,

Is it possible to test network speed in Windows 10?

Thanks very much Windows 10 possible network issues? :)

Wilson T, Jan 13, 2016
  4. Railtech Win User

You might want to look at your power settings and see if your network adapters are set to turn off after a period of time (default in Win 10). That might not work with your app and is causing it to crash when connectivity is lost.

Railtech, Jan 14, 2016
  5. dimm0k Win User
    thanks. tried out this suggestion yesterday and upon logging into the computer this morning, unfortunately the app crashed. are there other things that Windows 10 differs from 7 that may be causing this?

dimm0k, Jan 14, 2016
  6. Railtech Win User
    Have a look in Device Manager at your network adapter properties and check for the same thing there. If your adapter has this functionality which it probably does it will be enabled there by default as well.

Railtech, Jan 14, 2016
  7. dimm0k Win User
    hrmm, looks like I misread your previous post as the network adapter properties was where I originally looked and unchecked. As for the Power Settings, I don't see anything for network except "Wireless Adapter Settings", which is already set to max performance. The current active profile is already set to High performance.

dimm0k, Jan 14, 2016
  8. Railtech Win User

Have you rebooted the PC after you made the changes? If not you should. If the issue is still present after that then you have something else going on.

Railtech, Jan 14, 2016
  9. dimm0k Win User
    rebooted the system and unfortunately that did not help! not sure what else it could be, as the virtualized Windows 10 does not have any changes made since the fresh install...

dimm0k, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 possible network issues? - Similar Threads - possible network issues

2. Possible network driver/Hardware issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible network driver/Hardware issues: I'm experiencing internet connectivity issues, taskbar slowdown, and more. I noticed some slowdown with internet services, and rebooted my PC. Avast said it had driver updates/patches, which I installed. On reboot, multiple apps failed to connect to the Internet. Endless...
  3. Possible network driver/Hardware issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible network driver/Hardware issues: I'm experiencing internet connectivity issues, taskbar slowdown, and more. I noticed some slowdown with internet services, and rebooted my PC. Avast said it had driver updates/patches, which I installed. On reboot, multiple apps failed to connect to the Internet. Endless...
  4. Possible network driver/Hardware issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 network issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network issues.: I have a laptop and pc. Both are Windows 10.My laptop connects to the WiFi fine.My pc has had issues since I installed a new WiFi adapter.I have since replaced it with my old one but the issues still remain.I have been using an ethernet cable to connect my laptop to my pc and...
  6. Possible issue with Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible issue with Windows: Hello, I just recently built a new PC. Everything seemed to be working all right. I got the new computer to post and then I installed Windows and it seemed to be working fine. The next day I turned my computer on and was downloading some games off of steam. While I was doing...
  7. Possible directx issue but overall windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible directx issue but overall windows 10 issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The3mbered0ne [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljfnrr/possible_directx_issue_but_overall_windows_10/
  8. Windows 10 Possible Corruption Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Possible Corruption Issue: Hello, Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me in resolving my Windows 10 issue. On Nov 11th I allowed a Windows 10 update to post over night. On Nov 12th my machine, posted to Windows with no issues. After a few hours I noticed a performance slow down....
  9. Possible issues with Cortana on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible issues with Cortana on Windows 10.: I apologize for flying blind here (no screenshots). I was on a friend's computer at her house and I could not remember my password for Windows Forums. She has a budget laptop for work. She has 4GB of ram and running on an i3. I say possible issues with Cortana, because...
  10. Possible issues with Cortana on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible issues with Cortana on Windows 10.: I apologize for flying blind here (no screenshots). I was on a friend's computer at her house and I could not remember my password for Windows Forums. She has a budget laptop for work. She has 4GB of ram and running on an i3. I say possible issues with Cortana, because...