Windows 10: Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

Discus and support Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Im new here to the forum because i have an odd issue and i can't find anything on the net so i thought i ask here. I am on Windows 10 - 64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hurricane28, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

Hi,

Im new here to the forum because i have an odd issue and i can't find anything on the net so i thought i ask here.

I am on Windows 10 - 64 version 1607 build 14393.1358

The problem is that i don't have the options for processor power management anymore in power options. I don't know if this is necessary but its kinda odd.

The other thing is that i tried to install my AMD X370 chipset drivers and it worked only in device manager it keeps saying that i am using an driver from 2015 under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

Any advice?

Thnx in advanced.

:)

hurricane28, Jul 10, 2017
  2. Vladger Win User

CPU underclocked since upgrade to Win 10

Go into the power options and set it to performance.

If you really wanted to dig into it you can go into the advance power settings and look for "processor power management". set min to 100%

Vladger, Jul 10, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Not Shutting Down ! ?

I have an ACER M5 laptop with the same problem. I did some digging and found a possible fix, at least it fix the problem with my ACER. The most common work around is manually pressing the power button everytime, but this kinda defeats the purpose of shut
    down and may cause unnecessary strain on laptop batteries if the mains is not connected. The other fix that worked for me is under power management: minimum processor state in power management needs to be set to 100. This is a similar problem with Win 8
    (and I think I remember having the issue there as well). Quickest way to change the setting:

Windows 10 search, search Power Option.

For the selected plan (mine was Balanced), select Change Plan Settings then select Change Advanced Power Settings in the next dialog.

When the Power Options pop-up opens, scroll down and expand the Processor Power Management option.

Expand the Minimum processor state and change both battery and plugged in state to 100%. Press OK.

You will need to do this for each power plan that you use.

From what I understand from reading, Windows and Intel might have a conflict to who actually controls the processor for power management. If you set it to 100, this forces the CPU to keep control and removes this conflict. I might be wrong, but I researched
    more on how to fix and not so much the cause.

Hope this helps.

ChristopherFromknecht, Jul 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

Hi, same build.. can you please post a screenshot similar to this to confirm what you're seeing?

Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone. [​IMG]

To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon to the left of the video icon above your post

Normally Win 10 takes care of all basic drivers- I'm wondering why you need to install any manually? This is normally only necessary if MS gets it wrong.

dalchina, Jul 10, 2017
  5. Sure:

6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jul 10, 2017
  7. Thank you for the link but this also didn't work for me.

What do you mean by refering this to the Asus forum? What does Asus has to do with this?

8. Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

Could this have anything to do with it?
    I installed the latest AMD X370 chipset drivers but MS keeps reporting this driver.

9. dalchina New Member
    ASUS:
    Motherboard: Asus Crosshair 6 hero
    - from your specs. Or is the PC you are concerned with actually different?

Not sure what you mean about MS reporting a driver... Win 10 may replace a driver you've installed with its own unless you protect it.

Seems AMD is doing sthg clever: is this relevant?
    AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance | PCWorld
    AMD Updates Ryzens Windows Power Plan, Boosts Performance With New Chipset Driver - ExtremeTech
    Balanced power plan optimized for AMD Ryzen processors | Play3r

dalchina, Jul 10, 2017
  10. No i am on the CH6 motherboard.

If you can see in the picture above, MS is reporting a driver from 2006 instead of the new AMD SATA driver.. I installed all drivers but in device manager MS is still revering to 2015 SATA controller driver.

The RYZEN power plan does nothing for me.

11. dalchina New Member
    Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

dalchina, Jul 10, 2017
  12. Try3 Win User
    They are not necessary. Any options you get are the result of decisions by the processor designers.

My advice is to forget the subject.

Alternatively, you might wish to try to track down a copy of the MS document Processor Power Management in Windows 7 [its original link no longer works - it was published in 2010]. I have never seen any updates let alone a Windows 10 version.

Denis

13. Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

Alright then, its being solved for now.

thank you all for your advice.

hurricane28, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

1. Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone. - Similar Threads - power options processor

2. Can't find processor power management in power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find processor power management in power options: How to fix this problem? And can I increase cpu speed with this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-processor-power-management-in-power/5215cb1e-5c0c-4381-a150-850f1f7473b3
  3. Can't find processor power management in power options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find processor power management in power options: How to fix this problem? And can I increase cpu speed with this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-processor-power-management-in-power/5215cb1e-5c0c-4381-a150-850f1f7473b3
  4. Can't find processor power management in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why am I missing the processor power management under my power options?

Why am I missing the processor power management under my power options?: Under Power > Advanced settings, I need to have the processor power management advanced options. I do not have the availability to access it. I watched tutorials that told me I need to go under regedit to fix it, but I cannot access the said files under regedit....
  6. power option processor power management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    power option processor power management: i have problem when i put on maximum processor state to 100% fps drops and when it is on 80% there are no more fps drops pls can someone help me submitted by /u/Impuls45 [link] [comments]...
  7. Processor speed settings missing from Power Options

Processor speed settings missing from Power Options: My computer has CPU speed clock speed that goes all over the place. I tried going into power options, advanced, and it is missing any options for processor power, which I have on every other machine I own. How can I get processor power options back actually never had it on...
  8. Power Management Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Management Options: Hello, i am having an issue with a Dell all in one that i purchased recently. i use this computer as the main computer of my network where certain shared files are located. i have the power setting to turn off the display after 10 minutes but for the system i have it set to...
  9. Managing Power Options in Windows 10

Managing Power Options in Windows 10: Hi, I use an HP 14s-cr1005tu, Win 10 home. I would be really grateful if you could please help me with the answers to these questions on Power settings: Selective suspending setting: I do not understand how selective suspending setting can help save battery on my Win 10...
  10. power options settings

in Windows 10 Support
    power options settings: I have all the setting I can find that when I close lid to laptop it does nothing when plugged in. I have it set to do not sleep unless I tell it too period. Yes went through 'all' settings. So it will run scans, maintenance etc during night but like lid closed. But when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. processor power management windows 10

2. processor power management settings

3. missing processor power management windows 10 asus

4. processor management option gone windows 10,
  5. windows 10 Processor power management ,
  6. power management options gone,
  7. windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings,
  8. processor power management settings windows 10,
  9. windows power management settings windows 10 processor