Windows 10: Windows 10 - Power Outage while installing

Discus and support Windows 10 - Power Outage while installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys! As the topic says, there was a Power Outage while I was busy installing Windows 10. I'm from South Africa, we have something called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Deminitous, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Windows 10 - Power Outage while installing

Hi guys!

As the topic says, there was a Power Outage while I was busy installing Windows 10.

I'm from South Africa, we have something called "LoadShedding". Where the goverment randomly switch the power off of a certain area, due to the fact that they own the company, who provides the electricity, million of not billions.

I upgrade was running and was at about 77% when the power went out. So I got the power back on with our generator.
    On startup, it displayed the Windows 10 load screen, but without the blue Windows logo, just the loading disc at the bottom middle of the screen.

It was loading for about 10 - 15minutes, then jumped over to the Windows 7 loading, and started up Windows 7 as it is the OS I'm upgrading from.

Came to the desktop and all of the sudden my Windows copy was not genuine, and the "Get Windows 10" app is gone.

I did go to How to Upgrade to Windows 10 and there it says you must have an activated version of Windows 7 or 8.

Any solutions?

:)

Deminitous, Aug 5, 2015
  2. RT6051 Win User

Windows 10 corrupted after power failure.

After a brief power outage while the computer was on, Windows 10 failed to restore or provide a restore point. Only solution was to return for factory repair

RT6051, Aug 5, 2015
  3. while installing windows 10 there was a power outage and upon reboot it reverted to windows 7. (The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation) .

Hello Everyone,

As the title suggests, while i was installing Windows 10, my pc was hit by a power outage. I was upgrading from windows 7 ultimate and really wanted the benefit of dx12 on Windows 10 as Im planning to add a video card supporting it.

I spent hours wrestling with it to get it to download but it eventually did which took a long time because I dont have speedy net where I live. My pc restarted and the installation commenced. It even started up differently by loading files and then the
    win 10 logo appeared and the installation begun. Shortly after this, while it was installing there was a power outage and upon reboot it reverted to windows 7 (cant remember exactly but i remember the message (The installation failed in the SAFE_OS
    phase with an error during BOOT operation) .

Now When i look in my computer it says my win 7 is not genuine...but before i attempted to download
    win 10, it was. I am now blocked from re-downloading and starting over which i thought would happen .....heck i thought win 10 would be fine after the power outage.....(i thought Microsoft caters for such matters), but no. I now have 30 days to install
    a win7 key which i do not understand, why i have to do this? i already had a genuine one.Its really frustrating and im currently in college and have a boat load of important files on my pc and im afraid ill lose all my info. ....Any help would be
    greatly appreciated

Thanks for your time and effort

OP - Power Outage during Windows 10 installation

Avindra 1994, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 - Power Outage while installing

1. Windows 10 - Power Outage while installing - Similar Threads - Power Outage while

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  5. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  6. Unexpected Error while Reseting Laptop Due To Power Outage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unexpected Error while Reseting Laptop Due To Power Outage: [ATTACH] I was recently doing a full reset of a laptop I have. The battery is pretty shot on the laptop, so I have to have it plugged into the wall while I'm using it. While doing a full reset, as it was almost 50% reset, we experienced a power outage and the laptop lost...
  7. Windows 10 not starting after power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not starting after power outage: Power went out and now windows doesnt start. All the basic fixes dont work Startup Repair - Couldnt repair your PC System Restore - To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then...
  8. Power outage while working in Wordpad

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Power outage while working in Wordpad: I was about 800 words into a Wordpad document I was working on then the power blipped. Just long enough to turn the computer and the television off. When everything restarted my document has apparently disappeared. In Windows 10 is there anything that might save that document...
  9. power outage while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power outage while updating: while updating, (about 85% complete) there was a power outage and when rebooting i got the message "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" is unavailable. I tried windows button with I but nothing happened, i bought the computer with the software already loaded and...
  10. Power outage while PC in sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power outage while PC in sleep: My PC suffered a power Outage while it was in sleep mode. When power came back, I started it up and it was running very slow, could not even get Task Master to work. Re Boot and screen message said a disk cleanup was necessary. When that did not work, went to USB startup disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power outtage during windows 10 install