Windows 10: windows 10 pranks

Discus and support windows 10 pranks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It starts with W10 auto-installing without my approval - some form of stealth from my habitual closing of the prompt to upgrade (upper right corner X).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skipgundlach, May 24, 2016.

1. windows 10 pranks

It starts with W10 auto-installing without my approval - some form of stealth from my habitual closing of the prompt to upgrade (upper right corner X).

Now it's not only demanding I log in, it's giving me two accounts in the bottom left to choose from.

My double-up didn't start until I'd done the netplwiz many times in an attempt to defeat login requirements.

Not only did that not work, but now I suddenly have two accounts showing up in the bottom left; neither were required until W10 did that on its own - after, of course, doing a stealth upgrade about a month ago, from W8.1

I want to have nothing other than my computer booted to ready-to-use when I power up, or return from sleep (close lid) or any other action which otherwise might require a password. I previously merely pressed any key to revive from a closed lid, and a cold boot got me directly to functionality. Not any more...

Is there a simple way to back out of all this junk Windoze has forced on me? (I am not yet ready to revert to 8.1, but I'm getting close!)? Netplwiz apparently has not worked, or all the explanations I've tried to follow merely made it worse.

:)

skipgundlach, May 24, 2016
  2. idigweeds Win User

What would cause Windows 10 to change it's screen orientation?

What would cause Windows 10 to change it's screen orientation entirely on it's own? This has happened twice on my friends Toshiba laptop, with no apparent input from himself. Could this be a virus-based prank?

idigweeds, May 24, 2016
  3. TAI-CHEN Win User
    Wireless Adapter disappeared after windows 10 upgrade

what the.........................@#!$!@#@!

I thought it was a prank...

It really worked???????????????????

Awesome to AdolfoOrellana, and what a strange way to solve window update problem?????

TAI-CHEN, May 24, 2016
  4. windows 10 pranks

For best results, now that Windows 10 has been installed (and activated hopefully), wipe it clean and do a clean install. This way, you get rid of all previous junk and can configure whatever accounts you want.

DeaconFrost, May 24, 2016
  5. I get pretty nervous about that as there is a massive amount of data at risk. Wiping it clean suggests starting from scratch, also not something I enjoy, let alone having to deal with redoing all the various apps (programs in another life).

Is it time to revert to 8.1 and continue to ignore upgrade blandishments? Or are all these settings going to come along with it?

Thanks.

6. Are you able to log in at all?

Others may be able to help, as I always require a password to be entered for security purposes. If not, and you plan ahead, a clean install shouldn't take more than 2 hour or so.

7. My normal password for google mail and windows gets me in with no issues. I just don't want to have to do it...

8. windows 10 pranks

Someone else will likely have a better answer, but I thought I read that Windows 10 doesn't allow that without some in-depth tweaking. My personal opinion is that it is a good move, as there are good reasons to require the password to be entered. But to each his own. I'll try finding the article.

9. davidhk Win User
    To skipgundlach,

......... I previously merely pressed any key to revive from a closed lid, and a cold boot got me directly to functionality. Not any more.......

Have you tried this ?
    In the search box next to the Start button > type power options > Enter
    Left side, click Require a password on wake-up > click at " Change settings that are currently unavailable " > scroll down to Password protection upon wake up > either you
    dot ( click at ) the "Require a password", or
    dot ( click at ) the "Don't require a password"
    > click Save changes.

windows 10 pranks [​IMG]

davidhk, May 24, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Try reading this Tutorial and see if it helps you. I log in all the time and Windows signs me in automatically .
    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Just saw David's post .....try David's method 1st as that also works. *Smile

OldMike65, May 24, 2016
  11. I believe I have this solved, in another thread which was moribund until I shook it up for a while.

Here's the link:

Solved I want to have nothing other than my computer booted to ready-to-use - Windows 10 Forums

Rather than reinvent the wheel/copy all the last several posts, go there to see my solution and commentary.

My closing comment:

How I got to two logins is beyond this simple peasant; I don't really care other than it cost me a full day of mucking around with it in an environment where my SO is angered by every minute I spend on the computer :/

Thanks to all who participated...

L8R

Skip

12. bro67 Win User
    You would need to state what they are. One is probably a Live account, which is your Roaming profile. The other is probably a Local account. All we can do is guess, unless you post a picture of the login screen.

bro67, May 25, 2016
  13. windows 10 pranks

Heh. Not only would a snipping tool not work unless I were already logged in, as seen above (click the link to the other thread), there is no longer a log-in screen (picture me happy)...

skipgundlach, May 25, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    You do not have to log in to take a picture of the screen. That is what Cellphone Cameras are for. You can also see them in the Administrative tools for Computer Management under Users & Groups.

There is a fix to get rid of the extra Lock screen. As for no password to log in. It can open the machine up to any malware that is looking at a a no password login.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 pranks

1. windows 10 pranks - Similar Threads - pranks

2. How do I make my PC description display as 32-bit instead of 64-bit for a prank in regedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my PC description display as 32-bit instead of 64-bit for a prank in regedit?: If possible tell me the name of a pentium 3 proccesor for regedit aswell. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-pc-description-display-as-32-bit/b10933dc-962f-4d8f-9cf4-dcb4eb16caa7
  3. How do I make my PC description display as 32-bit instead of 64-bit for a prank in regedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my PC description display as 32-bit instead of 64-bit for a prank in regedit?: If possible tell me the name of a pentium 3 proccesor for regedit aswell. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-pc-description-display-as-32-bit/b10933dc-962f-4d8f-9cf4-dcb4eb16caa7
  4. How do I make my PC description display as 32-bit instead of 64-bit for a prank in regedit?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. E bomb prank too much cmd cause black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E bomb prank too much cmd cause black screen: Hi, my friend runned a e bomb prank on my laptop and idk what to do so i win+l hoping i can shutdown my laptop but it cause my laptop to be stuck on a black sceen pls help me im shaking it wont bsod...
  6. E bomb prank too much cmd cause black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    E bomb prank too much cmd cause black screen: Hi, my friend runned a e bomb prank on my laptop and idk what to do so i win+l hoping i can shutdown my laptop but it cause my laptop to be stuck on a black sceen pls help me im shaking it wont bsod...
  7. prank your friends with bluescreensimuator.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    prank your friends with bluescreensimuator.exe: prank your friends with bluescreensimuator.exe. is the best application to prank your friends with a fake BSOD. Sent from my G3 using Windows Forums mobile app
  8. woke my laptop from sleep and found this, is this a prank from microsoft? or because of my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    woke my laptop from sleep and found this, is this a prank from microsoft? or because of my...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aos10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hinvi8/woke_my_laptop_from_sleep_and_found_this_is_this/
  9. How to prank a Windows user, or urself for that matter.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prank a Windows user, or urself for that matter.: This works with any version of Windows. To test open Explorer, click on C:\ (select Windows partition) press: Left WinKey + * (the * must be the keypad *). Then walk away, I've yet to see it stop when C:\Windows is involved. What this does is open every directory, helpful in...
  10. Lineage April Fools Day prank Apology

in Windows 10 News
    Lineage April Fools Day prank Apology: LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. Last week we ran two concurrent April Fools showcases in LineageOS. One was a light-hearted and topical application on the hype of blockchain;...