Windows 10: Windows 10 Pre-Installation Partition

Discus and support Windows 10 Pre-Installation Partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I've tried to find the answer to my question in the forums here but can't seem to find it. Sorry if it has already been posted somewhere.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by erikg, Sep 27, 2017.

1. erikg Win User

Windows 10 Pre-Installation Partition

Hi there, I've tried to find the answer to my question in the forums here but can't seem to find it. Sorry if it has already been posted somewhere.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to set up a PRE-Windows 10 environment on a physical pc and also on a VMWare virtual pc. What I mean is the type of Windows 10 installation that you'll see when you buy a new pc. When you power-on a new pc for th very first time, typically you'll be greeted with a number of questions asking about your region / language, what username you want to use to sign in to the pc etc ...

I would like to find out how to prepare a physical computer like that and also how it's done with a VMWare virtual pc. So that when you power up the computer, it will also greet you with the same series of first-time Windows 10 startup questions.

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Erik.

:)

erikg, Sep 27, 2017

2. PC purchased with Win 10 has different partition sizes than upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Hi Randy,

As per the description, I understand that why there is a difference in the partition space on a new computer pre-installed with Windows 10 and on a computer upgraded to Windows 10 from a previous Operating System. The reason being the system which was upgraded
    from a previous Operating System (Windows 7) was configured for the particular Operating System and an upgrade will not affect the Logical partition (System Partition). The partition size will not be changed unless a Clean Install of Windows 10 is performed.
    Whereas, the computer pre-installed with Windows 10 has the latest configuration and will be designed for faster and better performance which will contain more Logical Partition space.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 27, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Drivers required

I would also say check with the device support if it came pre-installed with Windows 10. Is there a recovery partition for the device. How did you clean install Windows 10.

neilpzz, Sep 27, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

You need to look at sysprep that's how it's done or something like nlite can do some of it

Samuria, Sep 27, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    I do not think OP is trying to oobe an existing install.

As far as I can tell, Op simply needs to do a clean install.

cereberus, Sep 27, 2017
  6. Fafhrd Win User
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pre-Installation Partition - Similar Threads - Pre Installation Partition

2. Windows 10 pre-installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pre-installation: Hi all, As a hardware seller is it legal to pre-install Windows 10 trial version without activation. This way the customer has the freedom to self-activate after buying necessary pack online. I believe Windows 10 enterprise version is available with 30 days trial period.As...
  3. Windows 10 pre-installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pre-installation: Hi all, As a hardware seller is it legal to pre-install Windows 10 trial version without activation. This way the customer has the freedom to self-activate after buying necessary pack online. I believe Windows 10 enterprise version is available with 30 days trial period.As...
  4. Pre installed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre installed Windows 10: Pre installed Windows 10 on new laptop. How does one activate these pre loaded features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-windows-10/d06784ce-a929-471a-ac5d-bfa97ab7a2c6
  5. pre installed windows 10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    pre installed windows 10 activation: I have been facing a problem regarding windows 10 activation i haven't got any activation key with my laptop as it has pre installed microsoft windows 10 home and office, when i open any windows app like word and after going in settings there always comming a popup that...
  6. Activate a pre-installed Windows 10

Activate a pre-installed Windows 10: Hello, I have bought a new laptop Acer Aspire 5, which running by Windows 10 S. When I open the settings page it shows the following message; YOU NEED TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS BEFORE YOU CAN PERSONLISE YOUR PC. How I can find the activation key? Thank you very much for...
  7. New Windows 10 pre installed

New Windows 10 pre installed: Do I or will I need to register my Windows 10 64 bit pro, pre installed on my New Computer? How do I check to see if my registration matches my Microsoft account?...
  8. Recovery fails from pre-installed partition

Recovery fails from pre-installed partition: While working on an unrelated issue with recently bought Lenovo laptop, and the manufacturer's support team recommended to perform recovery from a pre-installed partition. While doing so, recovery process goes to about 50% and then shuts down with unexpected error and rolls...
  9. Clean install on a pre-installed windows 10 laptop (partitions)

Clean install on a pre-installed windows 10 laptop (partitions): Hi everybody, The reason I am seeking your help today is that I'm trying to do an clean install on my freshly bough Asus Zenbook UX330UAK which came with a pre-installed windows 10 loaded with bloatware. Now I know that it's touchy to mess with windows 10 pre-installed...
  10. Windows 10 Pre-install questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pre-install questions: Hello everyone. I just became a member here after being a loyal member of Seven Forums. I'm almost ready to install the Windows 10 upgrade into my current Windows 7 (64bit) Ultimate SP1 system. My 2009 1TB Western Digital HDD checks out fine still. About a year ago my...