Windows 10: Windows 10 Printer Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Printer Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a difficulty with a Windows 10 printer not working off my laptop, which is a Acer Aspire E17. The curious thing is that the printer IS working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jdcallison89, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Printer Problem

I have a difficulty with a Windows 10 printer not working off my laptop, which is a Acer Aspire E17. The curious thing is that the printer IS working off my desktop, which is a HP Pavilion. There are some curiosities about the Acer laptop malfunction. The control panel says for this printer ‘driver is unavailable’. However I have tried downloading the driver to no effect. No such problem exists on the Pavilion desktop. I also got a reading saying on the laptop that the printer was in an ‘error state’, but there is no such report on the desktop. I tried removing the printer from the control panel on the laptop, with the intention of reinstalling, but this didn’t seem to work. The printer is HP Envy series 5530.

I am quite perplexed about this. The printer works fine off the desktop but WILL NOT work off the laptop. I just don’t know why this is. Anybody any ideas? As always input is much appreciated.

:)

jdcallison89, Feb 8, 2016

2. Brother Printer MFC 635cw

I have the same problem with a Brother MFC-J835DW. Neither of the above suggestions solved the problem.

The printer worked with Windows 10 for several weeks. Today, Windows 10 says the printer is offline. The printer is turned on, connected to the network, and responds to a ping from the Windows 10 computer. But Windows 10 still thinks the printer is "offline".

Windows printer troubleshooter was useless. It would only suggest that I turn the printer on.

I tried to remove and uninstall the printer but Windows 10 became non-responsive and would not delete the printer.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Steve10151, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Feb 8, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Printer Problem

Do you have a disc that came with it.
    I have an HP Envy 4504 that I use wire free,
    You say it wont uninstall that maybe because it cant find the file,
    If you have disc then reinstall using it, then see if it will uninstall.
    Then restart laptop
    Then put disc back in
    Then follow whatever comes up.
    You can either reconnect via cable or WI-FI
    Let me know how you get on

hTconeM9user, Feb 8, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Are both computers running Win10?
    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03773204.pdf
    That printer has a USB port and Wireless capability. There usually is a choice of how to install, connected or Wi-Fi {Wireless Fidelity]. I've found Wi-Fi to be less reliable and have 2 printers installed as Networked and connected by Ethernet cable to my Router. Some Routers also have a USB port, maybe that would be a way to go, connect by USB cable to the Router and install/reinstall the Printer as a Network device. Last printer I set up had 3 choices. If you don't have the disc for WIn10 try here:
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Berton, Feb 9, 2016
  6. Thanks for this. No, I don't think there was any disk with the printer, and I'm still exploring possibilities.

jdcallison89, Feb 9, 2016
  7. Appreciate hearing from you. I'm using wifi, and since I got into wifi much prefer to go with it it. The strange thing is that the desktop works perfectly well with it so I don't know what the difficulty is with the laptop. Still checking to try to find out what the problem is. [/quote] L: My Computer
    Windows 10 Printer Problem [​IMG]
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Hewlett Packard
    Memory: 8GB RAM

[*]
    hTconeM9user Insider Fast Track Office Posts : 2,612 Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.371 New[/b] 09 Feb 2016 #6
    L: My Computer
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: HP 15-bw0xx
    CPU: AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5 5 COMPUTE Cores 2C+3.00 GHz
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 L Memory 1000 GB HDD
    Graphics Card: 512 MB ATI AND Radeon R2 Graphics
    Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio Version=6.0.1.7195
    Monitor(s) Displays: Generic PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution: 1366x768 Pixels@60Hz
    Keyboard: HP
    Mouse: Precision Touchpad
    PSU: 2.15 gigahertz Intel Celeron N2840 112 kilobyte primary memory cache 1024 kilobyte secondary memory
    Case: Black
    Cooling: Built in Fan
    Hard Drives: 487,16 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity 415.52 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-208GB USB Device [Optical Drive] HGST HTS545050A7E380 [Hard drive] (500.11GB)--drive 0, s/n 141116TM8513YC1DZ10L, rev GG20AH20, SMART Status: He
    Internet Speed: Fast
    Browser: Microsoft Edge 13
    Antivirus: Windows Defender/Firewall
    Other Info: Office 2016 +OFFICE 365 Ccleaner: Speccy: Auslogics BitReplica: Boostspeed 9: Defraggler: Driver Updater: Windows 10 Backup: See my Signature

[*]
    Junior Member Posts : 23 Windows 10
    New[/b] 09 Feb 2016 #7
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop

[*]
    [*]
    hTconeM9user Insider Fast Track Office Posts : 2,612 Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.371 New[/b] 09 Feb 2016 #8
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: HP 15-bw0xx
    CPU: AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5 5 COMPUTE Cores 2C+3.00 GHz
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 L Memory 1000 GB HDD
    Graphics Card: 512 MB ATI AND Radeon R2 Graphics
    Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio Version=6.0.1.7195
    Monitor(s) Displays: Generic PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution: 1366x768 Pixels@60Hz
    Keyboard: HP
    Mouse: Precision Touchpad
    PSU: 2.15 gigahertz Intel Celeron N2840 112 kilobyte primary memory cache 1024 kilobyte secondary memory
    Case: Black
    Cooling: Built in Fan
    Hard Drives: 487,16 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity 415.52 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-208GB USB Device [Optical Drive] HGST HTS545050A7E380 [Hard drive] (500.11GB)--drive 0, s/n 141116TM8513YC1DZ10L, rev GG20AH20, SMART Status: He
    Internet Speed: Fast
    Browser: Microsoft Edge 13
    Antivirus: Windows Defender/Firewall
    Other Info: Office 2016 +OFFICE 365 Ccleaner: Speccy: Auslogics BitReplica: Boostspeed 9: Defraggler: Driver Updater: Windows 10 Backup: See my Signature

[*]
    Junior Member Posts : 23 Windows 10
    New[/b] 11 Feb 2016 #9

[*]
    davidhk Pro User Posts : 5,060 windows 10 Home threshold2 New[/b] 11 Feb 2016 #10

8. Windows 10 Printer Problem

hTconeM9user, Feb 9, 2016
  9. Appreciate the links. This is certainly the right printer! However I tried downloading the driver to no avail recently. I think I shall have another look at it tomorrow, all being well.

10. Keep me updated and if you need more help then let me know either way.
    Even if solved

hTconeM9user, Feb 9, 2016
  11. Appreciate your comments. I had thought my best bet would probably be to uninstall and reinstall the printer via the Control Panel, but the Control Panel won't let me do this! So it looks like I'm off to the shop with it next week (in this case PC World) to see if they can do anything with it. All best.

jdcallison89, Feb 10, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    What do you mean by Control Panel won't let you do that ?
    Did you do it this way..............................
    Control panel, top right, at View by, click small or large > select Programs and Features > scroll down to your printer, right click > click Uninstall.

davidhk, Feb 10, 2016
  13. Windows 10 Printer Problem

Thank you. Right clicking doesn't bring up 'uninstall'. However there's a button for 'Remove device' at the upper bar and when I clicked this it just didn't have any effect at all. However, strange developments! I persevered. The printer was removed and it looks like I've been able to reinstall it. As of now at least looks like it's working OK. Gremlins? Thanks for input.

jdcallison89, Feb 10, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    You were not following my instructions.
    My method is............... go to Control Panel > select Programs and Features > then right click at the printer from the list > click uninstall.

However, you sorted it out by yourself. That's the only thing that matters.
    Congrats.
    You can mark your thread as Solved now if you want to.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Printer Problem

1. Windows 10 Printer Problem - Similar Threads - Printer Problem

2. Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update: Dear community members,I'm reaching out for assistance regarding a frustrating issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Since the update, I've been unable to connect to my printer and print documents as usual.Previously, my printer was functioning...
  3. Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update: Dear community members,I'm reaching out for assistance regarding a frustrating issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Since the update, I've been unable to connect to my printer and print documents as usual.Previously, my printer was functioning...
  4. Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have a problem with my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with my printer: I have a dnp ds rx1 printer and i can not connect it to my window 10.I tried everything but i can not connect it.I tried install companies driver and i could not install it.I tried uninstall it and install it again but that also did not help.I do not know what to do now.Also...
  6. I have a problem with my printer

I have a problem with my printer: I have a dnp ds rx1 printer and i can not connect it to my window 10.I tried everything but i can not connect it.I tried install companies driver and i could not install it.I tried uninstall it and install it again but that also did not help.I do not know what to do now.Also...
  7. I have a problem with my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Printer problems

Printer problems: We have changed to a Spectrum router and modem. Now I can't get my Epson ET-2400 to print. When we had T-mobile it would print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems/c6bb250d-5a74-4a4b-8dce-d867ad50b295
  9. Printer problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer problems: We have changed to a Spectrum router and modem. Now I can't get my Epson ET-2400 to print. When we had T-mobile it would print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems/c6bb250d-5a74-4a4b-8dce-d867ad50b295
  10. Printer problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging