Windows 10: Windows 10 Printer Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Printer Settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I am set up with a Network Printer as my default printer. All setting reflect this. When I open Outlook 2016 the default printer always shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tomnationwide, May 18, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Printer Settings

So I am set up with a Network Printer as my default printer. All setting reflect this.

When I open Outlook 2016 the default printer always shows the local printer as the default and not the network printer so inevitably I have to go back into it and change it every time I log into outlook.

Is this a known issue and is there a fix?

:)

tomnationwide, May 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 one physical printer, two installed for different settings doesn't work anymore

Windows 10 is not using the settings of a second install of a single printer.

It will only use the settings of the first instance of the printer.

Test page of the second printer (set to tray 2, Mono) will print with the correct settings, but when you go to a program and print to that printer with tray 2 set it will print to tray 1, color which is the settings of the first instance of that printer.

This worked on windows 7, and it worked when the computer was upgraded from windows 7 to 10.

But after a fresh install of windows 10, this feature stopped working.

It's a required feature for many programs that get printers set from the administrator console of the program, and if they get a windows 10 computer this will prevent that program from ever being able to print to tray 2 since there isn't settings it can
    open, it can only print to the printer which has the correct settings.

Windows 10 computer is up to date with windows updates.

OpentierSystems, May 18, 2016
  3. Israel Arn, May 18, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Printer Settings

gijoetech1, May 18, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    You need to set Outlook to use that printer as its default. If the Network printer is just Discovered and not installed as a Printer, Office will sometimes default to the printer connected to the computer.

I use a Networked Laser, but have it installed on all machines as a local printer, which I have had zero issues with Office trying to change to a different device.

bro67, May 18, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    bro67, May 18, 2016
  7. Fixed. Thank you gents.

tomnationwide, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Printer Settings

1. Windows 10 Printer Settings - Similar Threads - Printer Settings

2. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app: I'm having trouble with accessing printer's preferences via settings-app. Please see details:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333888/xerox-6204-cant-access-printers-preferences-via-settings-app...
  3. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app: I'm having trouble with accessing printer's preferences via settings-app. Please see details:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333888/xerox-6204-cant-access-printers-preferences-via-settings-app...
  4. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...: First of all, why is that? I have multiple instances of printers setup because Microsoft won't allow access to print dialogs through a Word object another argument for another day. So I set up different printers essentially print queues, one that duplexs automatically and one...
  6. I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...

I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...: First of all, why is that? I have multiple instances of printers setup because Microsoft won't allow access to print dialogs through a Word object another argument for another day. So I set up different printers essentially print queues, one that duplexs automatically and one...
  7. Excel Worksheet will not print in color; my printer is set up for color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Worksheet will not print in color; my printer is set up for color.: My Excel worksheet will not print out in color for the cells that show up in color. My printer and the worksheet parameters are set for color. What am I missing?...
  8. Excel Worksheet will not print in color; my printer is set up for color.

Excel Worksheet will not print in color; my printer is set up for color.: My Excel worksheet will not print out in color for the cells that show up in color. My printer and the worksheet parameters are set for color. What am I missing?...
  9. trying to set up a Brother model 2710 printer we got everything up except the fax mech....

trying to set up a Brother model 2710 printer we got everything up except the fax mech....: I am trying to get my faxing system up and running but to tell the truth about it I know zero about these things. so I have a Brother model 2710 scanner,Printer,copier,fax mech. and everything is wireless and it's all and running except my faxing system which is builted into...
  10. trying to set up a Brother model 2710 printer we got everything up except the fax mech....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trying to set up a Brother model 2710 printer we got everything up except the fax mech....: I am trying to get my faxing system up and running but to tell the truth about it I know zero about these things. so I have a Brother model 2710 scanner,Printer,copier,fax mech. and everything is wireless and it's all and running except my faxing system which is builted into...