Windows 10: Windows 10 printing: crashes the app I try to print from

Discus and support Windows 10 printing: crashes the app I try to print from in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a brand new W10 upgrade from a brand new W7 install - did it all on Friday, the deadline day... Long story, but the PC double crashed (HDD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChrisBedford, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 printing: crashes the app I try to print from

This is a brand new W10 upgrade from a brand new W7 install - did it all on Friday, the deadline day... Long story, but the PC double crashed (HDD, then a day later the mbrd) in the run-up week to the first anniversary of Windows 10 release so I had to do it in a hurry.

So I found a suitable replacement (2nd hand) computer and a 1TB disk for it and did a clean install of Home Premium. As soon as all the updates completed I ran the Win 10 upgrade - got in in just under the wire - and completed all its updates. Installed my LaserJet 1022 as the default printer and it worked just fine.

Two days later, I try opening the print dialog and notepad crashes. I haven't tried any other applications because this computer is used as a home server so I don't really have anything meaningful installed on it.

If I change default printer to either of the built-in virtual printers, MS print to PDF or XPS, no problem - I can save both those document formats.

I installed PDFCreator (because it generates much smaller PDFs than the MS one) but that doesn't create its virtual printer. If I go into the program settings it tells me no PDFCreator printers installed and do I want to fix this by reinstalling? Sure I do, and it tries, but then: "PDFCreator was unable to repair your printers. Please contact your administrator or the support to assist you with this problem."

The spooler service (obviously) is running and rebooting the machine doesn't change anything.

When I originally installed the LaserJet I set it up as a shared printer, and I can still print to it from other PCs on the network. It's only printing from the PC itself that is a problem, which strikes me as a bit weird. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Already ran sfc /scannow (no faults found) and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth (also found nothing to do).

:)

ChrisBedford, Aug 1, 2016
  2. victbtm Win User

Page crashes when trying to print in all browsers

When I try to print from a web page using any browser the page crashes when I click to print. It says aww snap! Page has crashed reload and try again. I reload and soon as I hit print it crashes again. If I copy and paste to notepad, then I can print
    from notepad just not from the webpage itself. This happens since I upgraded to Windows 10. What's the fix for this?

victbtm, Aug 1, 2016
  3. RR217 Win User
    Windows 10 printing issues, I am unable to print from ANY program except OpenOffice, Notepad crashes, Edge crashes, Chrome crashes, etc.

Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, I am unable to print from ANY program except OpenOffice. Notepad crashes, Edge crashes, Chrome crashes, etc. Even going to the page setup option causes the apps to crash.

I generally use Chrome, and if I try to print from Chrome, it doesn't just crash the current window, it crashes ALL INSTANCES.

The most frustrating issue is that Notepad used to be my goto program for printing bits and pieces from web pages, but now it crashes as well!

Microsoft either needs to fix this, or offer a full rollback to Windows 7. My system had been absolutely flawless before Windows 10, now it's damn near useless.

Grrrrrrr....

RR217, Aug 1, 2016
  4. Windows 10 printing: crashes the app I try to print from

OK so in case anyone cares, I ran the Windows 10 upgrade again and it seems to have fixed all the problems.

ChrisBedford, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 printing: crashes the app I try to print from

1. Windows 10 printing: crashes the app I try to print from - Similar Threads - printing crashes app

2. Windows crashes every time trying to print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes every time trying to print: Hello community supporters, I wonder if anybody had a similar issue after the latest update:2024-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB50344672024-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems...
  3. Windows crashes every time trying to print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes every time trying to print: Hello community supporters, I wonder if anybody had a similar issue after the latest update:2024-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB50344672024-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems...
  4. Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!: I Have been getting this problem since I restored my device from windows 11 to windows 10 as my PC, although it said it was supported, became slow. Since then if I try to print using print preference in and even if I don't change anything I get an error so I just skip it and...
  5. Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!

Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!: I Have been getting this problem since I restored my device from windows 11 to windows 10 as my PC, although it said it was supported, became slow. Since then if I try to print using print preference in and even if I don't change anything I get an error so I just skip it and...
  6. Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Printing from Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing from Windows 10 Mail App: Hi, ever since I printed a few 4 x6 photo's on my HP 5000 printer, everything I print from Windows 10 mail comes out microscopically reduced to fit on a 4 x 6 photo paper. I have reset the paper size in Windows Settings, in the print options from within Windows mail ......
  8. App crashes when trying to print

App crashes when trying to print: Whenever I try to select "Print" from a menu the print window display for a second then crashes the app. I am using a HP 477DW. I started to occur from the last Windows Update (yesterday)....
  9. floreant app crashes when i try to print

floreant app crashes when i try to print: i have a free open source floreant pos system for a small restaurant. we connected it to two impact printers and one thermal printer. it worked fine, but now the printers dont want to connect to the utility drivers so a tech reconnected them a different way. now the floreant...
  10. Photos app crashes when trying to print

Photos app crashes when trying to print: Same issue - Windows 10 1709 X86 / X64 ( 300 + machines domain joined ) Some machines work some do not. error logs on a machine that does not work. App crashes when trying to print. Tried all above recommendations with no luck what so ever. Event ( Application Log )...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ip7260 hangs when trying to print in windows 10

2. application crashes when trying to print windows 10

3. tryingto print crashes page

4. paradox crashes when trying to print,
  5. computer crashes when trying to print,
  6. windows 10 printing from apps causes crash,
  7. program crashes when i hit print windows 10,
  8. windows 10 crash when i print,
  9. windows 10 hangs when printing,
  10. program crashes when trying to print win 10,
  11. windows 10 crashes as soon as i hit print,